Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Administration and beyond!

+13
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
RangersDave
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

241Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Sat May 07, 2022 8:05 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
What are you trying to incinerate? Smile

"Did you 'ear that, Lily. He says I'm incinerating. I've never been so inserted. Its gettin' me aggregated.

We didn't have any of that there procastration before Mister Stopcock arrived, did we Lily?

What does Walter think? Has he been?"

242Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Sat May 14, 2022 10:27 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I did take another look at The Times article, Sluffy, only to confirm that its 90% hogwash and 10% waffle.

Do you remember this article about Whites Beaconsfield in the Mirror last year?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How are the teeth whitening gurus actually doing? Not very well at all according to their last accounts, filed in February this year. Take a look at the balance sheet:

Also take a look at the R&D note.

'Directors believe'? ..dunno..

Interesting though that they did manage to get their accounts completed and filed within three months despite COVID

243Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Wed May 25, 2022 7:42 pm

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They’re in. Morecambe accounts that is. Just as Bob predicted. Whose going to be last, FV or tractor boys?

244Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Thu May 26, 2022 7:54 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:They’re in. Morecambe accounts that is. Just as Bob predicted. Whose going to be last, FV or tractor boys?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

245Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri May 27, 2022 7:31 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have you been?

246Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Could this be the real financial behind why FV are here...?

...and also why the University of Bolton have been hanging around the club for so long...?

University of Bolton Stadium: Plans for new 'grand arc' up for vote

Long dormant plans for major works around Bolton Wanderers’ stadium including a “grand arc” of buildings with 200 apartments could be set to be revived.

The wide-ranging plans will also include an upgraded arena building with accommodation for 500 students, a new sports building, a hotel, a new education building to the south of Burnden Way and an expansion to the west stand of the stadium for hospitality and office spaces.

The plans were first lodged all the way back in 2013 but will now be brought back before Bolton Council to be voted on next Thursday, having been deferred for further consultations since then.

Planning committee chair Cllr John Walsh said: “It’s an application to be dealt with its an outstanding matter and will be treated like any other outstanding matter.”

He added: “It’s unusual it has taken so long but that is due process.”

The plans will see major expansion works around the stadium

As well as the apartments and hotel, the “grand arc” of seven buildings will include spaces for retailers, food and drink outlets, offices and sport and leisure facilities.

The restructured west stand aims to provide up to 3,000 square metres of including hospitality areas and administration facilities.

Elsewhere on the site, a new sports building will be linked to the Arena building and feature sports halls, tennis courts, changing rooms and admin facilities, with an indoor football pitch.

Upgrades to the existing sports facilities will include improvements to the running track and a 3G artificial football pitch.

Existing car park will also be “rationalised” to provide extra parking spaces.

The plans also include access propels including junction improvements to the Spirit of Sport Roundabout and elsewhere around the site to help address concerns raised in Horwich and Westhoughton about the effects this could have on traffic in both areas.

As well as allaying traffic concerns, Bolton Council has also required that at least 15 per cent of the 200 flats be deemed “affordable” and that the project includes open space which the developers have agreed to.

The planning committee is set to meet next Thursday to discuss the plans.

247Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:39 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WOW! that's  a very interesting development in more ways than one Sluffy.

248Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:WOW! that's  a very interesting development in more ways than one Sluffy.

It is and it was something similar to what Eddie Davies was at one time working towards.

I'm a bit surprised the council has allowed residential development on what I always assumed was retail only land.

Clearly a lot of money in this - initially outlay to develop and build, then income from sale and rents!

It would certainly make more sense of Nick Luckock (venture capitalist) being a director and pumping millions into the club in return for its shares - and why the University has been hanging around the club (and sponsoring it) for a few years now.

No doubt the club owns the land where the development will be - but I wonder if a new company will be created to keep things (money) separate from the club and under the control of the shareholders of that new company?

249Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's actually funding this though? Is it Sharon and FV?

250Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It will be interesting to get Bobsworth's slant on this news.

251Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajun loving the new avi, Katie Boulter is lovely  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

252Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well spotted, yes she is lovely.

She's playing on the bbc iplayer this afternoon at Birmingham against Halep.

253Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Who's actually funding this though? Is it Sharon and FV?

Neither I would imagine.

They haven't got planning permission yet so we don't want to get too far of ourselves but I would imagine FV (who own the land) would work in some form of partnership with a developer.

If FV wanted to do the work themselves and employer the builders as contractors, then they would have to have a considerable amount of capital to invest in the scheme - which they clearly have not.

It's not inconceivable that some form of a company is formed where FV gives the land in lieu of shares in the new company and also perhaps that Sharon as an individual puts her personal money in to acquire a shareholding too.

I would imagine however that Luckock's involvement is the key to the answer in that he controls significant venture capital (or that's my understanding anyway).

He's clearly not been here because he loves football or that he's going to earn himself (or his investors via the money he controls on their behalf) a fortune by chucking millions into BWFC - certainly not whilst we are looking at division 4 centre-backs on free transfers - which is currently the case!

Just my view on this but I'm pretty certain the neither Sharon or FV won't be doing this alone simply from the money they have.

254Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:It will be interesting to get Bobsworth's slant on this news.
You reckon?
Thought he only does bean counting rather than business Smile

255Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know how much land around the ground is owned by the club? Did they buy the lot when the railway yards were shut down? After the retail park was built there was still a chunk of undeveloped land between Middlebrook and the motorway - does that belong to BWFC?

256Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No idea why the thread has been locked unless it was because of Wanderlust uncalled for and totally unnecessary remarks about Bob?

Even if it was the thread didn't need to be locked.

So I've opened it again as it's the main thread running from Administration, through FV's current running of BWFC and as from today the potential future of the club itself!!!

257Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:13 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Anyone know how much land around the ground is owned by the club? Did they buy the lot when the railway yards were shut down? After the retail park was built there was still a chunk of undeveloped land between Middlebrook and the motorway - does that belong to BWFC?

???

What railway yards?

If you are thinking of Horwich Loco, then that isn't where the Middlebrook development is.

I understood Middlebrook was previously a farm - Sefton Fold, and that part of it was used as a council tip (although I only heard that as gossip I don't know how true that was?).

Middlebrook was developed by Emerson's (they were later the company that bought some of the car parks off Eddie to keep us going), in a partnership with the Town Hall and BWFC.

I've no idea who owns what land - if you are so keen to know you can always search the land register - although I suspect all of the land is owned by one of Emerson's, FV or Bolton Council.

258Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:18 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
You reckon?
Thought he only does bean counting rather than business Smile
You really are an empty vessel, Lusty. As it happens I am more than well acquainted with land negotiation and planning and will probably take an interest in this application. Don’t expect me to share any observations on here though.

259Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:57 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So to summarise, nobody knows who owns the land.
I was asking as the original Horwich Works site comprised 350 acres and included the railway approach which ran adjacent to Sefton Fold and was sold off in the 60s.
If I had to guess it would have been sold to the Council.

All this because I was wondering how close to the motorway the proposed development is likely to be and if it will block the view of the stadium. Smile

260Administration and beyond! - Page 13 Empty Re: Administration and beyond! Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:54 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:So to summarise, nobody knows who owns the land.
I was asking as the original Horwich Works site comprised 350 acres and included the railway approach which ran adjacent to Sefton Fold and was sold off in the 60s.
If I had to guess it would have been sold to the Council.

All this because I was wondering how close to the motorway the proposed development is likely to be and if it will block the view of the stadium. Smile

Sluffy wrote:... if you are so keen to know you can always search the land registry...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum