Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Administration latest news

Administration latest news

+10
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

91Administration latest news - Page 4 Empty Re: Administration latest news Fri Oct 01 2021, 14:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Barry and welcome to the site, you may want to change your name though as you might get some unwanted messages and pictures of a sensitive nature (from KP) sent to you  Twisted Evil

You are frightened of missing out on all that attention again. Aren't you? Razz

Stop it you two, you're going to scare Barry away!

Very Happy

Seriously Barry if you do want to change your user name, just post up what handle you'd like to be known by on here and one of us will alter it to that for you.

92Administration latest news - Page 4 Empty Re: Administration latest news Fri Oct 01 2021, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's not Big Barry is it? Surprised

93Administration latest news - Page 4 Empty Re: Administration latest news Fri Oct 01 2021, 16:38

BarrygoestoBolton

David Ngog
David Ngog
Thanks for the heads-up about the user name issue. 
Could you please change it to BarrygoestoBolton. 
I do realise the FV paid more for the club, especially when you include the debt, than the fixed assets. But the value of a club isn’t just in its fixed assets. It’s in the club as a whole. Take a club like Arsenal - there was discussion about it being sold to the Spotify owner for a couple of billion. Its fixed assets - ground, training ground and players - aren’t worth that, but the whole franchise (horrible word!) is worth that. Similarly with us, we’re definitely worth more than our fixed assets, or we certainly will be as we work our way back to where we should be.

94Administration latest news - Page 4 Empty Re: Administration latest news Fri Oct 01 2021, 17:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thanks for the heads-up about the user name issue. 
Could you please change it to BarrygoestoBolton. 
I do realise the FV paid more for the club, especially when you include the debt, than the fixed assets. But the value of a club isn’t just in its fixed assets. It’s in the club as a whole. Take a club like Arsenal - there was discussion about it being sold to the Spotify owner for a couple of billion. Its fixed assets - ground, training ground and players - aren’t worth that, but the whole franchise (horrible word!) is worth that. Similarly with us, we’re definitely worth more than our fixed assets, or we certainly will be as we work our way back to where we should be.

I've done your new user name, nay problem.

Yes some/many companies are worth more than their tangible assets - some however or not.

From the top of my head FV paid somewhere in the region of £8m more than the the hard assets.

They paid around £28m or so for around £20m of assets that are all now leveraged against and roughly half as much again for 'goodwill' and 'intellectual property' that no one can seem to identify what they actually are or came to putting a value on them.

To put that into a bit of context Wigan's new owners paid something less than £4m for everything - although it isn't a like for like comparison but it is indicative what Sharon/FV could have picked a club up for if they had shopped around a while.

Although we had a wonderful spell in the Premier League, the reality is we have to punch beyond our weight if we want to get up their and stay there, and sooner or later clubs our size will fall out the top tier whilst the big clubs more or less are permeant fixtures these days.

Fair enough if you view the things as you do, I just don't think it holds together financially that way myself unless you have someone with very deep pockets who don't mind losing the odd £100m or so if things don't work out according to their plan.

I don't think Sharron has that sort of money to lose herself - and suspect there is probably someone who has, behind her.

As they say though it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive...

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum