Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VPN (Virtual Private Network)

+2
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty VPN (Virtual Private Network) Sun Dec 29 2019, 21:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So My usual VPN (IpVanish) is just about to expire.  I dont use it a great deal but sometimes its needed for dodgy TV and to connect  to torrent sites (Research only Very Happy).  Does anyone use a VPN?  Do you pay for it?  What do you recommend?

2VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 11:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I pay for the AVG VPN and it seems to do what its supposed to. I can only assume this as I very rarely get stuff that I would consider dodgy. The odd email that gets through is usually obvious, (also have AVG mail stuff as well), and I haven't had any sites, good or bad, try to contact me.
I started by saying that I was located in America. The only problem was that it took longer for things to get to me, so settled for London.
One thing that I have to be careful of is that sometimes the VPN doesn't turn on, so I check it regularly, (easily done).
As you know, I'm no technocrat, but I do know that I feel more confident when using the internet now that I have the VPN.

3VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 12:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn’t bother with NordVPN

4VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I prefer a VPL  Twisted Evil

5VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I prefer a VPL  Twisted Evil
Visible panty line?

6VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use a VPN to watch all the games I can't get to. These are mainly away games, but I've used it for the odd home games I can't make.
Nothing dodgy about it. The VPN puts me in another country, so I can legally buy the game. 6 euros a game is a bargain. Just register with iFollow and watch it there.
I use Freedome, which comes as part of my F-Secure internet security suite, but you can buy it separately for £24.99. (3 devices).

https://www.f-secure.com/gb-en/home/products/freedome

7VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Visible panty line?
 oh yes KP oh yes  Twisted Evil

8VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Visible panty line?
You can't miss Nat's. She's got to use the elastic they use for bungee jumps.

9VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 13:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Visible panty line?
You can't miss Nat's. She's got to use the elastic they use for bungee jumps.
:rofl:

10VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 15:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shit, is this something else I need to worry about.

I've survived 20 years on the internet without any problems.

Have I just been lucky or has being careful paid off for me.

I've never used a VPN.

I've never used a mobile for financial transactions of any kind either.

11VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Mon Dec 30 2019, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Shit, is this something else I need to worry about.

I've never used a VPN.

No need to worry. I only use a VPN in order to locate myself overseas. In that way I can purchase our away games for six euros. Bargain.
They're unavailable to stream in this country.

12VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 17:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:

I've never used a VPN.

No need to worry. I only use a VPN in order to locate myself overseas. In that way I can purchase our away games for six euros. Bargain.
This is a good idea Bonce. Never crossed my mind to do this. 
So I've got the VPN, whats the next step ?  Having said that is the game shown on just the one camera ?

13VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 17:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I've never used a VPN.

So I've got the VPN, whats the next step ?  Having said that is the game shown on just the one camera ?

Yes and it goes from left to right.

What more do you want for 6 euros? Very Happy

14VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 17:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I've never used a VPN.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/

15VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 17:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I've never used a VPN.

Yes and it goes from left to right.

What more do you want for 6 euros? Very Happy
Close ups, as I may be watching from Venezuela ! Very Happy

16VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 17:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I've never used a VPN.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/
Thanks Bonce, but I've already read all this. I was wondering about any other software I required, or if there was a specific process I had to follow. (Dont forget I'm getting to be a bit of a numpty when it comes to software, installation, etc.).

17VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 18:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You connect your vpn to another country.  Check your connection correctly shows you as being abroad.  Google display my ip, if it looks like you’re in the country then connect to ifollow and follow the instructions. At least that’s the process but I couldn’t get it to work with my software I used.

18VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You connect your vpn to another country.  Check your connection correctly shows you as being abroad.  Google display my ip, if it looks like you’re in the country then connect to ifollow and follow the instructions. At least that’s the process but I couldn’t get it to work with my software I used.
No extra software needed. Just need to turn off any adblockers, and you should be good to go.

19VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Tue Dec 31 2019, 20:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used IPVanish and i couldn’t do it.  Probably because they release their ips to certain companies e.g. Netflix.

20VPN (Virtual Private Network) Empty Re: VPN (Virtual Private Network) Wed Jan 01 2020, 13:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks chaps. I'll try this, one day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum