Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Press vs Royals

+8
xmiles
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
karlypants
wanderlust
boltonbonce
okocha
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 12 2020, 14:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe Meghan fully understood that in marrying the 6th in line for the throne she was accepting a job.
It can be argued that if she wants to quit the job she needs to hand back the company jewellery, houses, cars etc that have been "loaned" to her and her husband by the country - i.e. the tools of the trade they no longer wishes to pursue.

With Andrew publicly humiliating himself on television, these last few months have not been good for the Windsors and the press have smelled blood.
Add to that the Duke of Windsor being on his way out - personally I reckon he'll die in the near future - and the Queen not having much longer left either - we seem to be reaching a watershed as far as the monarchy goes.

Perhaps the media will one day regret demonising Camilla - who really didn't do much wrong.

32Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 12 2020, 14:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:Look, this has escalated - but what I’m trying to do is get you to think about the fact you haven’t got a clue what’s going on behind closed doors (and neither do the Tabloids) so claiming she’s pulling the strings is unfair of you, to pull out of royal duties and become self sufficient sounds like a reasonable decision of them to me.

On an aside, watching the Mail and particularly Piers Morgan meltdown over this has been particularly enjoyable.
No disrespect TROY, but once you've been married for a while you become aware of certain unwritten rules in a partnership. These become obvious to others over time, by nuances in behavior, which can result in quite dramatic changes fairly quickly. I agree with KP in that the Sussex's are showing behaviors that would imply that she, if not the direct instigator, is a major reason for his behavior. So, directly, or indirectly, she is pulling the strings. 
Also, take into account his 'angry young man' persona that he now wears. He didn't have that before he got married.
If they want to strike out on their own, I believe they should be allowed to, but as its been stated earlier, don't expect the trappings of royalty to be handed over as though he is entitled. I do believe he should be afforded protection though.

33Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 12 2020, 18:07

It’s an absolutely valid theory, and totally plausible.

That’s all it is though, and I’m not buying that being married brings mild psychic skills as evidence I’m afraid.

34Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sun Jan 12 2020, 18:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

fair enough  Very Happy

35Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 13 2020, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s an absolutely valid theory, and totally plausible.

That’s all it is though, and I’m not buying that being married brings mild psychic skills as evidence I’m afraid.
Did your girlfriend tell you to say that TROY? Wink

36Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 13 2020, 20:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As you'd expect from the Queen, a sound, sober judgement on the situation delivering a reasoned, wise solution......in stark contrast to the hysterical, nasty reactions of Piers Morgan and much of the Press. The dignified joint statement from Harry and William also puts the media to shame.

37Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Mon Jan 13 2020, 20:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:As you'd expect from the Queen, a sound, sober judgement on the situation delivering a reasoned, wise solution......in stark contrast to the hysterical, nasty reactions of Piers Morgan and much of the Press. The dignified joint statement from Harry and William also puts the media to shame.
I'm not a Royalist, but they seem a nice, well matched couple. I remember not long ago, Meghan got it in the neck for having the temerity to close her own car door.
She must have wondered what she'd signed up to.

38Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 12:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Intellectual property lawyer 'trademarks Sussex Royal brand in US'

https://mol.im/a/7885255

39Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 12:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Intellectual property lawyer 'trademarks Sussex Royal brand in US'

This guy needs to get a life.

40Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Intellectual property lawyer 'trademarks Sussex Royal brand in US'

This guy needs to get a life.
He's obviously busy making money.

41Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 13:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is, he failed. They got in before him, so he's wasted his time.

42Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 20:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'll wait for the next series of 'The Crown' for all the inside info.  Very Happy

43Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 22:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of my old friends works at Wilton House where "The Crown" is filmed. He reckons Olivia Colman spends much of her time playing with the children on site and seems very natural and unaffected despite her recent successes on screen. Others are much more stand-offish.
 Helena Bonham Carter smiled at him and paid him a compliment about his Christmas pullover with the result that he went weak at the knees and tongue-tied. One of the very few women he'd describe as genuinely beautiful.
 He's been rubbing shoulders with royalty over the past few months but that little perk of the job has lost its gloss in the last few weeks and months for obvious reasons.....

44Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Tue Jan 14 2020, 22:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:One of my old friends works at Wilton House where "The Crown" is filmed. He reckons Olivia Colman spends much of her time playing with the children on site and seems very natural and unaffected despite her recent successes on screen. Others are much more stand-offish.
 Helena Bonham Carter smiled at him and paid him a compliment about his Christmas pullover with the result that he went weak at the knees and tongue-tied. One of the very few women he'd describe as genuinely beautiful.
 He's been rubbing shoulders with royalty over the past few months but that little perk of the job has lost its gloss in the last few weeks and months for obvious reasons.....
I like Bonham Carter, but why is part of her morning routine looking for a hedge through which to be dragged? Very Happy

45Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 16:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

She likes to be noticed, presumably.  Very Happy

46Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I like Bonham Carter, but why is part of her morning routine looking for a hedge through which to be dragged? Very Happy

Yes, she looks like your type.

Press vs Royals - Page 3 010AIW_Helena_Bonham_Carter_009

47Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really my type Nat. I've still got the hots for Louise Brooks.
Press vs Royals - Page 3 A4f675026a074e7f1ce24ad3da7e3b8c

48Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Wed Jan 15 2020, 18:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surely the answer is that she tried to fit in with her partner, the eccentric Tim Burton....never good enough for her.....I see they're separated now and she has a new toyboy

Press vs Royals - Page 3 Z

Press vs Royals - Page 3 Helena-Bonham-Carter-and-Tim-Burton-main

49Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sat Jan 18 2020, 09:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

50Press vs Royals - Page 3 Empty Re: Press vs Royals Sat Jan 18 2020, 19:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse