Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'I'm ready to go right now' - Bolton new boy Faal wants to hit ground running

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muhammadu Faal insists he is not intimidated by the prospect of swapping non-league football for life in League One.

Wanderers swooped to sign the 6ft 5ins Enfield striker after he scored 24 goals in 25 games this season playing part-time in the Isthmian Premier League.

And though Faal is impressed by his new surroundings and delighted by his first move into professional football, he has backed himself to replicate that goalscoring form for Keith Hill’s side in their survival fight in League One.

Speaking to The Bolton News, the 22-year-old said he was even ready to make his debut at Rochdale this Saturday, if selected.

“It’s a massive move for me,” he said. “I’m absolutely elated to be here at Bolton and I can’t wait to get going.

“Of course it’s a change in living circumstances, outside stuff, but when you are there on the training ground, trying to integrate with the team, it won’t take me long.

“I’m in good form and I want to get going right away.

“I am not fazed by it one bit. I’ve played in big stadia before and this is a good move.”

Faal’s route to the UniBol took him from Italian football as a teenager through some of London’s top non-league sides.

Fairly late into the game as a professional, Faal feels he is better-equipped to move to the North West and settle than he may have been as a younger footballer.

“I feel like maybe this is the perfect time,” he said. “If I was 20 maybe I’d get a bit lost in the system but I have proved myself at Enfield, at that level of football, and I’m here to do it again.

“I loved it there (at Enfield), it’s a good family club. I had a good relationship with the fans – I loved them, they loved me – and I gave them 100 per cent.

“I want to show that I can do it here too. If it takes me a month, three months, six months, then OK. But I feel like I am ready right now.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum