Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 50]

981Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 07 2022, 14:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Our very own Biggie (he runs the Nuts twitter page i think?) is promising a signing today!


He's a naughty lad our Biggie - wasn't he the one who tempted fate with the Fossey to Wigan rumour?

Anyhow the picture is Iredale isn't it?

Another wind-up. Smile

982Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 01:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fossey to Preston speculation can only up the ante on contract value so I'm wondering if he's going to be beyond our valuation/spending power now?

I guess if the other targets are do-able we'll be fine but I'm getting the impression that we're starting to get bullied financially and the vision of building a promotion team might be a pipedream. Whether Evatt goes or stays will be a strong indicator.

This transfer window will say a lot about where we really are as a club.

983Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 10:20

Whitesince63


Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Fossey to Preston speculation can only up the ante on contract value so I'm wondering if he's going to be beyond our valuation/spending power now?

I guess if the other targets are do-able we'll be fine but I'm getting the impression that we're starting to get bullied financially and the vision of building a promotion team might be a pipedream. Whether Evatt goes or stays will be a strong indicator.

This transfer window will say a lot about where we really are as a club.
I see what you’re saying Lusty but just because we don’t get Marlon doesn’t mean IE doesn’t have other inexpensive options on the table. We’d never heard of Fossey before he came in, nor Rico or Dapo so there are players out there and I trust Ian to find them. There are probably only 3 or 4 essentials we need to turn us into a promotion challenger and I fully expect them to be brought in for the new season. As for Evatt, I can’t see any way he’ll ditch us for Blackpool.

984Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 11:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
I see what you’re saying Lusty but just because we don’t get Marlon doesn’t mean IE doesn’t have other inexpensive options on the table. We’d never heard of Fossey before he came in, nor Rico or Dapo so there are players out there and I trust Ian to find them. There are probably only 3 or 4 essentials we need to turn us into a promotion challenger and I fully expect them to be brought in for the new season. As for Evatt, I can’t see any way he’ll ditch us for Blackpool.
Just pointing out that the scenario portrayed in the BN and social media quoting IE extensively at the end of the season may not be the plain sailing that was suggested. Suddenly it's all got a bit more complicated.
Hopefully, we'll come out of it in a good place.

985Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 12:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Speculating on what might happen in the transfer market is as pointless as trying to predict the results of matches....unless it provides us with some fun.

986Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 12:23

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

okocha wrote:Speculating on what might happen in the transfer market is as pointless as trying to predict the results of matches....unless it provides us with some fun.
But not quite as pointless as heeding the pointless prattle of Okocha, Nuts’ very own Professor of Pointlessness.

987Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 12:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Speculating on what might happen in the transfer market is as pointless as trying to predict the results of matches....unless it provides us with some fun.
I think there's a place for commenting on the speculation.

Nobody here (apart from Biggie obviously Smile) is actually initiating the rumours.

988Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 12:59

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
I think there's a place for commenting on the speculation.

Nobody here (apart from Biggie obviously Smile) is actually initiating the rumours.

Its not a rumour that Blackpool, Blackburn and PNE are likely to have twice the income of BWFC and owners with considerably more financial clout.

Neither is it a rumour that BWFC is one of only a tiny minority of clubs that haven't filed their 2020/21 accounts.

Don't know much about the Wiggin lot yet but at least they managed to file their accounts without resorting to dubious excuses.

989Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Its not a rumour that Blackpool, Blackburn and PNE are likely to have twice the income of BWFC and owners with considerably more financial clout.

Neither is it a rumour that BWFC is one of only a tiny minority of clubs that haven't filed their 2020/21 accounts.

Don't know much about the Wiggin lot yet but at least they managed to file their accounts without resorting to dubious excuses.
You're not following are you Bob?

The relative financial positions of the clubs is one of the several drivers for speculation.

"IE going to Blackpool" or "Fossey to sign for PNE" for example, is the speculation itself.

"I don't think they will" is comment on the speculation.

Three entirely different things.

990Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 08 2022, 22:35

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
You're not following are you Bob?

The relative financial positions of the clubs is one of the several drivers for speculation.

"IE going to Blackpool" or "Fossey to sign for PNE" for example, is the speculation itself.

"I don't think they will" is comment on the speculation.

Three entirely different things.
I must confess that I don't pay too much attention to daydreamers or daft buggers whose Boris Johnson of the financial facts of life is not much different to that of the average thirteen year old, Lusty.

991Transfer rumours ! - Page 50 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 09 2022, 00:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I must confess that I don't pay too much attention to daydreamers or daft buggers whose Boris Johnson of the financial facts of life is not much different to that of the average thirteen year old, Lusty.

Fair enough Bob.
I prefer the facts, but the speculation that goes on in their absence is occasionally amusing.
I only wish we knew more about BWFC's financial situation but they're keeping their cards close to their chest and are clearly not averse to a bit of wheeler dealing behind the scenes, so we can only ...speculate. Frustrating.

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum