Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton

+12
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
terenceanne
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
Cajunboy
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We will be a non league team if we keep hill in charge.

:facepalm:

32Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Wed Jan 15 2020, 19:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Parky doesn't seem so bad now....despite the dire weekly spectacle of his reign. 
One promotion and a heroic last-day drama to stay up was surely better than the frequent capitulations under Hill so far. At least PP recognised the weaknesses and did all he could to compensate for the squad's shortcomings. Under Hill, we look headed for the depths....and the style of play is no better than Parky's.

33Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Thu Jan 16 2020, 21:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Does anyone on here really think anyone else could keep us up this year? We started on minus 12 and had to assemble a team practically overnight from the bargain basement after having to rely on 16 and 17 year olds for a good few games at the start of the season and are still painfully thin on numbers due to the loans ending.

I'm not going to judge Hill until next season in league 2. Just be happy we have a club to follow at all for now.
Some on here are living in a dream world...or just plain daft.
Blaming Keith at this point is ludicrous …. We are looking at a season in league two to straighten things out - mid table at best.  Then the following season a possible run for promotion. Hopefully all financials will be sorted by then. Not sure when the Embargo goes away.

Even today some of the footy being played is far better than Parky's IMO.

34Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Thu Jan 16 2020, 22:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

'Hopefully all financials will be sorted by then'.

Sorted in what way?

We have a running deficit and will still have a running deficit and the deficits mean the debts will just be growing again.

Its been a tough ask for Sharon and KH this season but, after a decent start, KH has done himself few favours recently.

Recruitment for next season will be a key issue and Sharon will have to decide whether to entrust this task to KH? Will she be damned if she sticks or damned if she twists ?

35Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Fri Jan 17 2020, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes we're skint which is why we're recruiting non-league players that KH hopes can hack it in L2.

36Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Fri Jan 17 2020, 01:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:yes we're skint which is why we're recruiting non-league players that KH hopes can hack it in L2.

We aren't skint - it is worse than that, we are trading at a loss as Ten Bob points out.

The funding taken out to repay the money loaned to purchase the club is to be paid back in three years - this season is the first year and if we are relegated next season will be the second year. So even if we bounced back at the first attempt the third season would see us in the third tier as we are now.

We simply aren't going to be making anything like the profits in those three years to cover our running costs in that time let alone pay back the millions spent on the purchase of the club.

IF FV have thrown the towel in for this season and not looking to strengthen the side for the remainder of the season, then expect many more losses/hammerings and fewer people paying to watch them - hence making even more of a trading loss this season.

If FV haven't thrown in the towel then Sharon must be tearing her hair out that Hill's allowed defensive players to leave without getting adequate replacements for them which has cost us potentially six precious points and probably put the final nail in the coffin on our hopes of staying up.

Unless Sharon is prepared to do an Eddie Davies and fund the club from her own personal wealth, then I can't see how the football club side alone can be solvent in its trading if we are relegated - so there must be a large part of their business plan to cover the losses from the sale/development of the land/stadium.

Betting the house on turning academy players and/or signings from non league into multi-million pound transfer sales inside three years whilst playing at the third/fourth tier level is not the answer and not even rational.

In fact it is utter madness.

(I may have mention exactly this before on another forum several months ago, for those paying attention!).

37Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Fri Jan 17 2020, 08:28

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sharon's in a cleft stick but I can't see that its entirely her shout or Michael's for that matter.

KH seems to be presently in limbo whilst those who pay the piper decide on the tune. They might want a different piper. I think I would.

38Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Fri Jan 17 2020, 19:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am happy FV are in control at the moment and grateful for it.  However if they think BWFC will turn a profit anytime soon they are dreaming. Best bet for me is that the club stabilizes over the next two seasons then they move us on to an outfit that actually has some dosh.

39Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Sat Jan 18 2020, 12:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it's time for a reality check. Whether we like it or not the squad was utterly decimated at the start of the season and while we recruited several bodies the best of them were loanees and for the most part have now left. In truth there is no stability at the club yet and I think it will be some time before there is because we simply don't have the resources to buy the kind of quality needed to compete at L2 level let alone L1. The players we do have are giving their all, I've watched them several times this season and there's no lack of effort but hard work can only take you so far. In Keith's defence he's also had injuries to key players and that's meant he's been unable to pick (or perhaps even know) his best starting XI.

Look, the truth is we were doomed to relegation before a ball was kicked this season. Not only were we on -12 pts but we had virtually no full professionals left and while the youth and development players worked very hard and received well deserved support we got spanked every week for two months.

Referring to sluffy's comment I think what FV are going to have to do is accept relegation this season and plan accordingly. In terms of revenue it's going to make very little difference whether we're in L1 or L2.

I only hope FV understand that and have the resources necessary to at least balance the books. That will take some time, I think much more than the two or three years some have mentioned before we can seriously think about investing in an attempt to re-climb the leagues.

40Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Sat Jan 18 2020, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:In terms of revenue it's going to make very little difference whether we're in L1 or L2.

Nonsense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum