Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft

+7
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
xmiles
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny wrote:Btw Matt, my lad has subscribes to your channel and has been watching your other videos :rofl:

He is after setting up his own YouTube but hes a bit young yet.  (10 is too young isnt it?)

I'm gonna see if we can do a  video of this world hes been building though and maybe put it on mine so will let you know when it's up. It's his world but hes been building it with about 6 or 7 of his friends (and dad!)

Ah cracking stuff, I've not long since uploaded the updated version of my UniBol video which I'll be passing on to Toby and Ollie.
I would say 10 is probably a bit young, I think my brother was about 13/14 when he started doing his.
Yeah that would be good, what sort of world is it?

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 Bwfc10
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 Bwfc210

Okay so I shared my post on Twitter and tagged Ollie, Toby and of course the club and it's safe to say it got an overwhelming response. I also had a message from Marc Iles asking if he could do a story on it. No word on if the club would use it in some way though

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great to hear!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MattRushton1995 wrote:University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 Bwfc10

Okay so I shared my post on Twitter and tagged Ollie, Toby and of course the club and it's safe to say it got an overwhelming response. I also had a message from Marc Iles asking if he could do a story on it. No word on if the club would use it in some way though

Fantastic news, I'm really pleased for you.

I suggest you contact Ollie and Toby and mention you've not heard back from the club (because the person who is doing the clubs twitter account and replied to you may not be the person who are the ones who do the clubs marketing and publicity) and hopefully they will put you in contact with the right person directly.

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sluffy wrote:
MattRushton1995 wrote:University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 Bwfc10

Fantastic news, I'm really pleased for you.

I suggest you contact Ollie and Toby and mention you've not heard back from the club (because the person who is doing the clubs twitter account and replied to you may not be the person who are the ones who do the clubs marketing and publicity) and hopefully they will put you in contact with the right person directly.

Thank you so much 👍

I did message Ollie on Monday (Toby doesn't follow me so I wasn't able to message him), but I've heard nothing as of yet.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MattRushton1995 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Btw Matt, my lad has subscribes to your channel and has been watching your other videos :rofl:

He is after setting up his own YouTube but hes a bit young yet.  (10 is too young isnt it?)

I'm gonna see if we can do a  video of this world hes been building though and maybe put it on mine so will let you know when it's up. It's his world but hes been building it with about 6 or 7 of his friends (and dad!)

Ah cracking stuff, I've not long since uploaded the updated version of my UniBol video which I'll be passing on to Toby and Ollie.
I would say 10 is probably a bit young, I think my brother was about 13/14 when he started doing his.
Not had time to do a video so as he was playing on it tonight I have taken a few pics.

The pictures dont really do it justice.  They (him and about 10 of his friends on and off) have built a massive world with various mini games and stuff.

Very bright. A huge mixture of stuff. Not as technical as a footy ground lol.

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200210
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200211
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200212University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200215
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200213
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200214

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bottom pic looks pretty cool Johnny. Reminds me of Super Mario 64 in a way! Very Happy

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny wrote:
MattRushton1995 wrote:

Not had time to do a video so as he was playing on it tonight I have taken a few pics.

The pictures dont really do it justice.  They (him and about 10 of his friends on and off) have built a massive world with various mini games and stuff.

Very bright. A huge mixture of stuff. Not as technical as a footy ground lol.

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200210
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200211
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200212University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200215
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200213
University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 20200214
That doesn't look too bad if I'm honest, I do agree with Karlypants in that the bottom image does have a sort of Super Mario vibe to it

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has now made the Bolton News...

Bolton Wanderers fan spends three years developing virtual stadium on Minecraft

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 ?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

It took Bolton Wanderers fan Matthew Rushton more than three years to piece together the University of Bolton Stadium, pixel by pixel, but now the doors have been thrown open in his virtual creation.

Using the hugely popular sandbox construction game, Minecraft, the 24-year-old from Johnson Fold painstakingly pieced together every fixture and fitting to create an online version of Wanderers’ home since 1997 – thought to be the first of its kind.

Matthew has worked on the kiosks at the stadium for more than five years and so had a good working knowledge of the layout.

The build was not without its problems and the computer-whizz admits he came close to abandoning the project altogether a couple of years ago when he bought a new console and lost a huge portion of the build.

But gamer Matthew, who hosts his own YouTube channel – TheArchitect1995 – is now thoroughly proud of his achievement, which was recently showcased by the club itself on their social media platforms.

“Initially the work for the first eight months or so was carried out largely from memory,” he told The Bolton News. “Especially the exterior and support structure because I knew the basic layout.

“I did use whatever images I could muster up from Google to do the seating areas, counting each individual one and then putting them into place to get an accurate representation. I think it’s possible that fans can actually pick out their individual seat.

“But then as the work progressed, I started taking stadium tours and went on about two or three of them to get as many interior photographs as I could of the player areas, suites and hotel areas to work from. I would also take time after my shift gathering photos for the concourses etc – and obviously it paid off!”

The Reebok Stadium was originally opened in 1997 and has a capacity of 28,723.

Now sponsored by the town’s university, the distinctive architecture of the stadium was a big challenge for Matthew, who nearly abandoned the idea altogether after his first attempt.

“There were a few times I admittedly thought about giving up,” he said. “The first was in October 2016 when I’d just bought myself a new Xbox, but the resulting data transfer set me back about four months and erased much of an unfinished interior meaning I had to do all of that again.

“I did replace the North Stand mural and then took a few months off to weigh up my options. The second occasion came about 7 months later and this one was purely by choice.

“Work was progressing well until about June 2017 before I looked at the stadium and I didn’t really like how it looked, I didn’t feel it was realistic enough.

“As a result I demolished the roof, the exterior, the upper tiers of seating and the hospitality box level - basically everything that wasn’t the lower tier or support structure was torn down - and rebuilt it all over a six-month period.

“I discovered a lot of inaccuracies that I’d incorporated into the stadium when I first started as a 19-year-old. I was 21 by that point and I really did want to give up because of the number of errors.

“I think the one thing that made me not give up was the thought that I’d got so much riding on the project and that it wasn’t just a project for me anymore. I wanted to finish it for myself, the club, fans and everyone else.”

After first coming up with the idea in October 2014, work began in February 2015. The project was completed by April 2018 but by then Matthew had also started to build other stadia from clubs who were with Bolton in the Championship at the time, including Derby’s Pride Park, the Riverside at Middlesbrough and Swansea’s Liberty Stadium.

“Even though it was my first build I think it was the one that surprisingly went under the radar,” he said. “Since the club shared it on Twitter I have been absolutely overwhelmed by it all.

“I was completely taken aback by some of the comment and I can’t thank everyone enough.

“I spoke to a few of my family afterwards and they were all really proud.”

Source

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

karlypants wrote:This has now made the Bolton News...

Bolton Wanderers fan spends three years developing virtual stadium on Minecraft

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft - Page 3 ?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

It took Bolton Wanderers fan Matthew Rushton more than three years to piece together the University of Bolton Stadium, pixel by pixel, but now the doors have been thrown open in his virtual creation.

Using the hugely popular sandbox construction game, Minecraft, the 24-year-old from Johnson Fold painstakingly pieced together every fixture and fitting to create an online version of Wanderers’ home since 1997 – thought to be the first of its kind.

Matthew has worked on the kiosks at the stadium for more than five years and so had a good working knowledge of the layout.

The build was not without its problems and the computer-whizz admits he came close to abandoning the project altogether a couple of years ago when he bought a new console and lost a huge portion of the build.

But gamer Matthew, who hosts his own YouTube channel – TheArchitect1995 – is now thoroughly proud of his achievement, which was recently showcased by the club itself on their social media platforms.

“Initially the work for the first eight months or so was carried out largely from memory,” he told The Bolton News. “Especially the exterior and support structure because I knew the basic layout.

“I did use whatever images I could muster up from Google to do the seating areas, counting each individual one and then putting them into place to get an accurate representation. I think it’s possible that fans can actually pick out their individual seat.

“But then as the work progressed, I started taking stadium tours and went on about two or three of them to get as many interior photographs as I could of the player areas, suites and hotel areas to work from. I would also take time after my shift gathering photos for the concourses etc – and obviously it paid off!”

The Reebok Stadium was originally opened in 1997 and has a capacity of 28,723.

Now sponsored by the town’s university, the distinctive architecture of the stadium was a big challenge for Matthew, who nearly abandoned the idea altogether after his first attempt.

“There were a few times I admittedly thought about giving up,” he said. “The first was in October 2016 when I’d just bought myself a new Xbox, but the resulting data transfer set me back about four months and erased much of an unfinished interior meaning I had to do all of that again.

“I did replace the North Stand mural and then took a few months off to weigh up my options. The second occasion came about 7 months later and this one was purely by choice.

“Work was progressing well until about June 2017 before I looked at the stadium and I didn’t really like how it looked, I didn’t feel it was realistic enough.

“As a result I demolished the roof, the exterior, the upper tiers of seating and the hospitality box level - basically everything that wasn’t the lower tier or support structure was torn down - and rebuilt it all over a six-month period.

“I discovered a lot of inaccuracies that I’d incorporated into the stadium when I first started as a 19-year-old. I was 21 by that point and I really did want to give up because of the number of errors.

“I think the one thing that made me not give up was the thought that I’d got so much riding on the project and that it wasn’t just a project for me anymore. I wanted to finish it for myself, the club, fans and everyone else.”

After first coming up with the idea in October 2014, work began in February 2015. The project was completed by April 2018 but by then Matthew had also started to build other stadia from clubs who were with Bolton in the Championship at the time, including Derby’s Pride Park, the Riverside at Middlesbrough and Swansea’s Liberty Stadium.

“Even though it was my first build I think it was the one that surprisingly went under the radar,” he said. “Since the club shared it on Twitter I have been absolutely overwhelmed by it all.

“I was completely taken aback by some of the comment and I can’t thank everyone enough.

“I spoke to a few of my family afterwards and they were all really proud.”

Source
I just came across this now on Twitter feed haha, I'm so glad it's finally been published

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum