Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1How is the Tory government doing? Empty How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 16:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

First up, how they propose to deal with the record breaking failure to meet the 4 hour target for seeing people in A&E.

Simple - abolish the target!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51122799

I am sure there will be many more examples of this kind of thinking in the years to come.

2How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 17:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you work in the NHS xmiles? If so, you can tell us whether a 4 hour waiting time is achievable.

If you don't, then I don't see your point.

For the record, I am extremely happy at how things are going.

3How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 18:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I work in the NHS.

4How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 19:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Do you work in the NHS xmiles? If so, you can tell us whether a 4 hour waiting time is achievable.

If you don't, then I don't see your point.

For the record, I am extremely happy at how things are going.

You obviously have not been paying attention to the news lately. The "record-long waits" for A&E are entirely due to 10 years of Tory austerity cuts.

If you have to use A&E you may be happy waiting for over 4 hours but most people in pain are not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51046616

5How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 19:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I work in the NHS.
I keep them busy.
How is the Tory government doing? Giphy.gif?cid=790b76112b08c7b53d7f2441c8deb14c0a50cb34b897af36&rid=giphy

6How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 19:18

Add the worst NHS waiting times since records began and circumventing democracy in Goldsmith and Morgan’s appointments to the list below and safe to say pretty useless from any reasonable perspective.

▪Scrapping guarantees of workers’ rights
▪Stopping refugee children reuniting with their families
▪Clamping down on young people’s chances of studying abroad
▪Making sure Parliament has no say in any deal

How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FgEWAAAedxt?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FggWAAANZsu?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FieXsAIzvtu?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FkzWsAcGfKY?format=jpg&name=medium

From the myopic flag waving lot though Big Ben might bong for Brexit so who cares about the policies!

7How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 20:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:You obviously have not been paying attention to the news lately. The "record-long waits" for A&E are entirely due to 10 years of Tory austerity cuts.

If you have to use A&E you may be happy waiting for over 4 hours but most people in pain are not.

I fully accept austerity cuts have hit the NHS, but let's not pretend this is a new phenomenon, it's been going on for decades.

But there's no point having a target if it's pure fantasy, that's why I'm asking people who work in the NHS (Hipster, Norpig to name two) if they think 4 hours is a fantasy.

But on the wider point of Boris, I think he handled the Iran thing very well, don't you?

8How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 20:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, If Boris started shitting gold bricks and handed them to the Bank of England, he'd still be doing something wrong.

9How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 20:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't the A&E waiting time previously on average of around 6hours?

10How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

11How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:A&E waiting times have hit their worst levels on record.

Do you accept the population is also at an all time high?

12How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

13How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:A&E waiting times have hit their worst levels on record.

Do you accept the population is also at an all time high?

Which is why you need to increase expenditure in real terms on the NHS not cut it as the Tories have done over the last 10 years. In 2009/10 spending on the NHS was 7.6% of GDP. On current projections and NHS spending plans, by 2020/21 spending will have fallen by around 0.5 percentage points of GDP to to 7.1%.

14How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

15How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

16How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:24

Seriously, can none of you name anything this government have done well so far? Six undeniably poor policies in my post alone.

17How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

lol!

18How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Seriously, can none of you name anything this government have done well so far? Six undeniably poor policies in my post alone.

You think we should be allowing MPs to vote on anything after the Brexit fiasco?

Government should govern, not be held back by petty party politics.

19How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 21:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I work in the nhs as I said. Scottish one of course. The SNP do not believe in punishment for crime or the value of work and they certainly can't run a health service. 

People who come out of prison here are housed as a priority, they are given grants when they leave prison, they then present having pissed their grant up the wall demanding more money,(which they get, also get their electric and gas topped up with public funds btw) oh they're also given grants for furniture and white goods at a local charity.

There were three ambulance call outs today in my department for the same gentleman. Paramedics attended each time to simply pick him up off his knees because he'd drunk himself into a stupor and slipped off his chair.

There are some unbelievably deserving people who are sidelined because of things like this. See it every day.

With the way it's run the NHS will never, ever ever have enough money. I could go into detail but obviously I won't.

20How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 22:34

Ok, don’t know enough to comment about the SNP. But does scrapping targets instead of meeting them help? And is there anything positive to say about this government so far?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum