Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 50]

361How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 07:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Perhaps Boris can explain what happened to the promised 400,000 bits of PPE from Turkey - none of which was of any use. Or will it just be more lies and cover up?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-turkey-ppe-health-ministry-no-files-fiasco

Does anyone believe this government will hold an honest inquiry into the covid scandal?

362How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 09:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question for TROY, xmiles & Okocha....

Do you think the government should reduce the 2m social distancing rule?

363How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 10:20

Seems to be working okay in France? I won’t criticise them if they do - i haven’t looked too closely at it but given the economic implications and divide in approach among other countries reducing it seems to make sense.

Whatever they do it needs to be clearly communicated, the ambiguity isn’t helping anyone.

364How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 10:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Question for TROY, xmiles & Okocha....

Do you think the government should reduce the 2m social distancing rule?

Yes. The WHO recommends a distance of 1 metre and many countries have adopted this without seeing an increase in infection. The risk seems manageable and the potential benefits in terms of getting more children back to school and more businesses open are enormous.

365How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 11:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Dick Turpin springs to mind. 'Your money or your life'?

366How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 12:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Dick Turpin springs to mind. 'Your money or your life'?

I assume you are referring to government plans to allow companies to charge travellers £140 each to avoid the 14 day self quarantine requirement. Sounds like robbery to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53116372

367How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Dick Turpin springs to mind. 'Your money or your life'?
It's an amusing observation Glos but it's bang on - save the economy balanced against the risk of increased death toll. The figures to date suggest the government have got neither right but at least they've finally made a decision as to which way to go. Probably change it again in a couple of weeks though Smile

368How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 20 2020, 13:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

smiles wrote:...doing anything for two minutes sounds like too much hard work for someone as lazy as him.
With all the "erms" and "ers" Boris could probably stretch out one sentence to 2 minutes TBH.

NZ PM was damned impressive though. I know it's a PR stunt but it was brilliant and unusually these days, based on positive performance rather than snide negative inferences about the opposition.

369How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Theresa Villiers sacked from the Intelligence Committee after refusing to follow the Tory party whip in a vote to allow chlorinated chicken to be imported from the USA. Story here.
Encouraging to know that at least one Tory MP has principles.

370How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 16:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No wonder she had to go. Corrupt scum like Jenrick are of course acceptable though.

371How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 17:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm a little concerned at what Liz Truss is getting up to. I believe she introduced, or at least went along with, the changes that would allow the dreaded chlorinated chicken in.

372How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 21:18

Never thought much of Truss as a politician, a yes woman with little substance from what I’ve seen. Again speaks volumes that the most important criteria for cabinet members is blind loyalty to the Cumming’s version of Brexit.

373How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 22:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

have to agree with that view.

374How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 21 2020, 23:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'm a little concerned at what Liz Truss is getting up to. I believe she introduced, or at least went along with, the changes that would allow the dreaded chlorinated chicken in.
I may not be the only one (understatement of the year) thinking that it is the Tory party line to usher through this law which will permit the import of chlorinated chicken in order to pave the way for a deal with Dumpy? Why else was the party whip involved in the removal of Villiers from what I mistakenly thought was an independent Parliamentary Committee?  

Isn't chlorinated chicken what people voted the Tories in for? Smile

I swear we were told 3 years ago that a trade deal with America would be done "within weeks" of the EU referendum but that may have just been a dream.

375How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 08:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just another example of this government grovelling to America. Clearly chlorinated chicken is on the way. So much for taking back control.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-53132168

376How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 08:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

My current favourite example of how "taking back control" works is the loss of 260 jobs in Gateshead now that passports are going to be produced in Poland by a Franco-Dutch company.

And the ungrateful brexit fans are not even happy. Not because of the job losses but because they are the wrong colour blue apparently. How typically small minded of them.

377How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 09:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And the ungrateful brexit fans are not even happy. Not because of the job losses but because they are the wrong colour blue apparently. How typically small minded of them.

You are the master of the sweeping statement.

378How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 10:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From the 1st of December 2018 to the 30th of November 2019 Conservative MP Helen Whatley claimed £174,772.22 in expenses. This is the same Helen Whatley who rejected plans to backdate a £5000 student nurses grant because she doesn’t believe they provide a service.

379How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 11:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You are the master of the sweeping statement.

Thanks. Smile

380How is the Tory government doing? - Page 19 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 22 2020, 11:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:From the 1st of December 2018 to the 30th of November 2019 Conservative MP Helen Whatley claimed £174,772.22 in expenses. This is the same Helen Whatley who rejected plans to backdate a £5000 student nurses grant because she doesn’t believe they provide a service.

You need to reference your source.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum