Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

41How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:xmiles are you not feeling the Boris Bounce?
I am. Since Christmas, my brilliant Polish dentist has decided to go back and close the business (and the only other one in town is full and not registering new patients) there's a two month wait for a plasterer (I've asked 5) to make good the damp proofing I'm having done on the house I'm trying to sell, the £6 hand car wash has gone and my gym membership has gone up by an outrageous 17%.

42How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 10:58

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing?

Obviously countless disparagement could be written. The main one this week, from experience, is the constant running down of the NHS. They are trying to make the NHS look unfit for purpose. I can only state this and not go into lengthy detail of it all, but you all know. Also the stealth privatisation of it. They are, and have been for many years, cherrypicking all the profitable sections of it, and selling them off into the private sector, stealthily, and leaving the non-profitable parts of it in the hands of the tax payer.

43How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:How is the Tory government doing?

Obviously countless disparagement could be written. The main one this week, from experience, is the constant running down of the NHS. They are trying to make the NHS look unfit for purpose. I can only state this and not go into lengthy detail of it all, but you all know. Also the stealth privatisation of it. They are, and have been for many years, cherrypicking all the profitable sections of it, and selling them off into the private sector, stealthily, and leaving the non-profitable parts of it in the hands of the tax payer.
Making the NHS available for sale to private American health companies is a cornerstone of Borat's proposed post-Brexit trade deal with the US to offset the lost EU trade deals and Trump made it crystal clear that in any deal with the US the NHS would be on the table

Just as worrying is the potential hike in the cost of medicines  which we currently get at just about affordable prices under existing arrangements. Estimates of the additional cost to the NHS vary between £18 and £45 BILLION per annum.

As discussed at length previously, Borat is going to have to accept whatever the US and other countries stick us with now that we are leaving the protection of the EU's buying power.

Still it's what we (or rather 37% of the electorate Smile) voted for so I'm assuming nobody's bothered.

44How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 12:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

45How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 16:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Making the NHS available for sale to private American health companies is a cornerstone of Borat's proposed post-Brexit trade deal with the US to offset the lost EU trade deals and Trump made it crystal clear that in any deal with the US the NHS would be on the table

Just as worrying is the potential hike in the cost of medicines  which we currently get at just about affordable prices under existing arrangements. Estimates of the additional cost to the NHS vary between £18 and £45 BILLION per annum.

As discussed at length previously, Borat is going to have to accept whatever the US and other countries stick us with now that we are leaving the protection of the EU's buying power.

Still it's what we (or rather 37% of the electorate Smile) voted for so I'm assuming nobody's bothered.

Fucking hell.

Still peddling the myth that the NHS is for sale.

It worked so well for jezza in the election didn't it.

46How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 17:58

Can’t trust a word that comes out of Boris’s mouth so need to wait until the negotiations are done to know whether or not the NHS is going to be involved.

47How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 22:23

48How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 00:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Fucking hell.

Still peddling the myth that the NHS is for sale.
Reality check: it's not me who is saying it.

Better than peddling the myth that we'll be better off out of the EU on the basis that the professionals in just about every field no nothing compared to the average bloke on the street.

49How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 01:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:STOP REMOANING, LEAVE NOW! ITS THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!
https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1
Fake news.
This handy Brexit cost calculator only makes it half of that £150 billion so far, although it doesn't take into account some of the lost revenue costs. Roughly it's costing £727 per second aka £439 million a week.

Although I like the graphics which say that with the money we've wasted on Brexit so far...
* We could have employed 3,566,561 extra nurses, or...
* We could have built 45 new hospitals, or...
* We could have recruited 4,232,105 new police officers, or...
* We could have bought 5,468 new trains, or...
* Repaired 911,454,514 potholes, or....
* We could have secured 3,516,112 new border officers.

(all at time of writing)

We "could have" but the Tories wouldn't have spent the UK's £850 billion annual budget on those things anyway so it's a moot point.
However that £439 million a week loss sure puts the cost figures bandies about by the leave campaign into perspective. And that's without the other trading costs that Business Insider took into consideration.

Trouble ahead I'm telling you.

50How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 13:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There will be trouble ahead, not just because of the changes coming, but you lot are actually willing the country to fail. Pathetic.

51How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 17:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Can’t trust a word that comes out of Boris’s mouth so need to wait until the negotiations are done to know whether or not the NHS is going to be involved.

The can't trust Boris line is a just a political trick job by parties who have nothing left to say.

Let's just assume Theresa was still in charge and got this majority. Would it shut down the NHS is for sale myth? No they've been using it for years and will continue too.

I tell you what considering they've been in government for 40 odd years the Tories really are crap at selling off the NHS aren't they.

52How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 18:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:There will be trouble ahead, not just because of the changes coming, but you lot are actually willing the country to fail. Pathetic.

Well said Glos. :clap:

53How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 18:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:There will be trouble ahead, not just because of the changes coming, but you lot are actually willing the country to fail. Pathetic.

No. What is pathetic is leavers already blaming remainers for the shit storm that brexit is likely to be. You voted for it. You take responsibility for it.

54How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 19:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And how do you propose I do that?
Also, how are we blaming anyone for how bad Brexit is, when we have a couple of years or so before anything happens. Calm down XM, remember your blood pressure  Very Happy

55How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 19 2020, 19:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:And how do you propose I do that?
Also, how are we blaming anyone for how bad Brexit is, when we have a couple of years or so before anything happens. Calm down XM, remember your blood pressure  Very Happy

All I am asking you to do glos is to not blame people who opposed brexit when the problems escalate and it becomes clear that it was a colossal mistake. Nobody is "willing the country to fail". We live here too. We just didn't think that voting the way the Daily Mail, Sun, Trump, Boris, Rees-Mogg, Crispin Odey, Putin, Banks and Farage (none of whom have the slightest interest in what is good for ordinary people living in the UK) wanted us to do was a good idea.

56How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 20 2020, 01:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything but Glos. I am a patriot and desperately want Britain to be strong  for many reasons including the fact that my descendants will have to live here long after I'm gone, which is exactly why I think remaining in the EU is important - especially when you consider the mess we were in before we joined and the since added threat of oligarchs running our political system. You seem to think that remainers are anti-Britain when the opposite is true.
Personally I believe that leaving the EU is playing into the hands of those (foreigners) who wish to do our country harm for personal gain and that leaving the EU will undermine the strength and stability we have achieved since joining.

57How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 20 2020, 08:07

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

XM and Wander, very well expressed....but don't forget The Express, Telegraph and Piers in your list....

though they have turned their hate-filled venom on Harry and Megan now. Compassion and understanding totally lacking. Ha!...I wonder why!!

58How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 20 2020, 08:24

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Can’t trust a word that comes out of Boris’s mouth so need to wait until the negotiations are done to know whether or not the NHS is going to be involved.

The can't trust Boris line is a just a political trick job by parties who have nothing left to say.

Let's just assume Theresa was still in charge and got this majority. Would it shut down the NHS is for sale myth? No they've been using it for years and will continue too.

I tell you what considering they've been in government for 40 odd years the Tories really are crap at selling off the NHS aren't they.

Do we really need to sit here and go through the lies he’s told (very publicly). If you want to forget that and can trust what he says that’s your decision but surely you can see why many are still sceptical.

59How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 20 2020, 08:26

Give it a rest, nobody wants the country to fail we all suffer as a result of that. I just want to make sure that when Brexit does go tits up those who sold it are held to account when they try to shirk away from responsibility.

60How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 20 2020, 10:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Give it a rest, nobody wants the country to fail we all suffer as a result of that. I just want to make sure that when Brexit does go tits up those who sold it are held to account when they try to shirk away from responsibility.
Give it a rest? Why? Because I don't agree with you? 

What I'm saying to you Wander, and XM is that I understand your misgivings, but I don't see why you have to judge everything in the future on what has happened in the past. Sometimes its useful, but not always. We are entering a phase that will change the course the country travels. Like yourselves, I'm also concerned about how things develop, its just that I think Brexit was the better option at this time. although time will tell. as they say.
We're all patriotic in our way, its just that I feel that constantly referring backwards doesn't help, and no matter how many times somebody calls Boris a liar, his life and responsibilities have changed enormously, and he's being watched even more than the Royals.
Lets give them a chance at showing what can be done. I don't think they've had too bad a start, even up to him squaring up to Putin yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum