Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 50]

961How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I agree with you entrely.
Prior to the referendum I asked “if we are going to tear up the 40 odd trade agreements we have in place, give up our seat at the table of the biggest procurement group in the world and take on a whole raft of new costs, what will leaving the EU give us that will make all that worthwhile?”
The answers I got were vacuous statements about “freedom”, illogical arguments about legislation and something I didn’t understand about hotpot.

Apparently the EU is preventing us from eating hotpot.

Seems that when we eventually leave we‘lol be able to eat as much hotpot as we like but unfortunately won’t be able to afford it.

962How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
sunlight wrote:I agree with you entrely.
Prior to the referendum I asked “if we are going to tear up the 40 odd trade agreements we have in place, give up our seat at the table of the biggest procurement group in the world and take on a whole raft of new costs, what will leaving the EU give us that will make all that worthwhile?”
The answers I got were vacuous statements about “freedom”, illogical arguments about legislation and something I didn’t understand about hotpot.

Apparently the EU is preventing us from eating hotpot.

You voted FOR Brexit!!!!

You got what you wished for!

Ffs!!!

Your ACTION in putting your 'x' against the box for Brexit speaks louder than all the WORDS you've poured out on here (and who knows where else), since - and my God there's been enough of them!

You've made your bed, now prepare to lie in it.

963How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One day (fairly soon, I hope), Boris and some of his simple sycophants will wake up from a terrible nightmare, short of breath and in a hot sweat, not from Covid, but from a realisation of just where devotion to Cummings' philosophies has led them. The country will not forgive them.

Best advice Boris could take would be to go home to his fiance and child, leave behind all the stress, accept he's not up to the demands of PM, and see if he can make a better job of being a partner and father this time round.

Last edited by okocha on Thu Sep 10 2020, 16:13; edited 1 time in total

964How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 10 2020, 16:11

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How do countries such as Norway go on, whom arent in the EU go on? What is the script there, in simple terms? And can the UK become the same as Norway?

965How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 10 2020, 23:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:How do countries such as Norway go on, whom arent in the EU go on? What is the script there, in simple terms? And can the UK become the same as Norway?
They have a small population and massive natural resources so basically they are a lot richer per capita than the U.K.
Prices and salaries are high eg beer is £10 a pint but they can afford it and because of the strength of their economy, holidays etc in other countries are dirt cheap to them.
And there’s no way we can be like them unless we discover the world’s largest diamond and gold deposits under Bolton town hall

966How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 01:01

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
They have a small population and massive natural resources so basically they are a lot richer per capita than the U.K.
Prices and salaries are high eg beer is £10 a pint but they can afford it and because of the strength of their economy, holidays etc in other countries are dirt cheap to them.
And there’s no way we can be like them unless we discover the world’s largest diamond and gold deposits under Bolton town hall

What you posted is interesting. Though I was meaning in terms of them trading with the EU whilst not being in the EU. That is what I was asking.

967How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 09:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:

What you posted is interesting. Though I was meaning in terms of them trading with the EU whilst not being in the EU. That is what I was asking.
They have an agreement and are in the single market. 
Have a look at EFTA

968How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 11:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:How do countries such as Norway go on, whom arent in the EU go on? What is the script there, in simple terms? And can the UK become the same as Norway?
Re the second question:

It’s complex.
We were a founder member of EFTA but later joined the EU and signed up to Schengen (free movement)
As an EFTA member Norway has free trade agreement with the EU (no tariffs either way) And is free to make independent agreements with other countries around the world - but it also voluntarily signed up to Schengen.
Switzerland- another EFTA country - didn’t sign up to Schengen and has a raft of individual agreements with EU countries and others.
Even some EU states are not signed up to Schengen eg Bulgaria but they will have to eventually.
Ireland has signed up to free movement but has retained an opt out clause.

So there are many options and different ways of securing a deal with the EU but if you remember back in 2016 we were in the grip of the fear of terrorist attack. We could have done several things eg chuck a billion or so at our security and intelligence services and enforce the detention powers we already had in the EU rigorously.
But at the height of the xenophobic frenzy we went for a referendum as the Tory owned media especially Murdoch who hates the EU for not bending to his will,  blamed the EU - rather than our own government who were clearly negligent - and were actually cutting departmental expenditure instead of increasing in response to what in the scheme of things was a minor threat and could have been quashed with investment and increased resources.
So when it came round to discussing the “Norway model” (which the leave campaign used to sell the idea that Brexit would be something like that) the concept of free movement was off the table.

So it is a misconception that free trade cannot be achieved without free movement - but it would be a lot easier to achieve if we accept free movement AND massively boost our intelligence and security services which tbh we’ll probably end up doing anyway.
That would make us like Norway.

Obviously the most effective way of getting the best trade deals, negotiating new ones and ensuring national security would have been to stay in the EU, boost security spending and work with our partners for continuous improvement but we’ve flushed that away now.

969How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 11:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had to laugh this morning. Liz Truss has signed a trade deal with Japan that is almost identical to the one we had in the EU but one bloke wrote:

“Great news about the trade deal with Japan, but I give it a month before the Department for Trade announces that they didn’t read it properly and have no idea who wrote it, so now need to change it to allow Japan to hunt people from Wales.”

970How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 12:19

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Laughing

971How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a far more serious note, this article summarises exactly what I believe is going on with the government’s strategy, shows exactly where it comes from and exactly where it’s going to take us.
Ok it’s been published in the Gurniad but if you can get past any latent tendencies to discount it purely on the basis of the publisher it does bring to light some surprising economic facts and explodes some economic myths.
I knew Germany manufactures 3 times as much as the U.K. but what I hadn’t realised is that they already export twice as much to Canada, Australia and New Zealand than we do.

A must read for anyone interested in what our future holds and why we are being taken there.
Also provides a clear picture of who is pulling the strings.

972How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 12:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:On a far more serious note, this article summarises exactly what I believe is going on with the government’s strategy, shows exactly where it comes from and exactly where it’s going to take us.
Ok it’s been published in the Gurniad but if you can get past any latent tendencies to discount it purely on the basis of the publisher it does bring to light some surprising economic facts and explodes some economic myths.
I knew Germany manufactures 3 times as much as the U.K. but what I hadn’t realised is that they already export twice as much to Canada, Australia and New Zealand than we do.

A must read for anyone interested in what our future holds and why we are being taken there.
Also provides a clear picture of who is pulling the strings.

Again an informative article but how many brexit fans on this site will read it? Facts are toxic to brexiteers. Brexit fans on here don't even bother trying to dispute the facts. They prefer to close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and pretend all those lies Boris fed them are really going to happen - just like his ludicrous and impossible moon shot.

973How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 11 2020, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Again an informative article but how many brexit fans on this site will read it? Facts are toxic to brexiteers. Brexit fans on here don't even bother trying to dispute the facts. They prefer to close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and pretend all those lies Boris fed them are really going to happen - just like his ludicrous and impossible moon shot.
In the USA today’s voting intentions study shows that voters are already locked in to their candidates regardless of the facts or the news. Same here I suspect. We are already too far down the road to ruin to change now unfortunately.

974How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 17:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The government’s plan to reopen theatres in time for Christmas apparently has the code name “Operation Sleeping Beauty” - an odd choice given that the fairytale’s plot is about how one careless prick can lead to th whole place being shut down for a century.

975How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 17:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The government’s plan to reopen theatres in time for Christmas apparently has the code name “Operation Sleeping Beauty” - an odd choice given that the fairytale’s plot is about how one careless prick can lead to th whole place being shut down for a century.

Give it a fucking rest.

976How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 17:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cheltenham's Everyman Theatre have cancelled the pantomime already.

977How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Cheltenham's Everyman Theatre have cancelled the pantomime already.

Oh no it's not.

978How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 19:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very Happy

979How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 21:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The government’s plan to reopen theatres in time for Christmas apparently has the code name “Operation Sleeping Beauty” - an odd choice given that the fairytale’s plot is about how one careless prick can lead to th whole place being shut down for a century.
cheers

980How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Sep 12 2020, 21:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.
Sense of humour failure kp?
Lighten up ffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum: