Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 35]

991How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Psychic Sluffy strikes again! 😀
First you claim to know “what we are all thinking.“ 
Then you claim you are speaking for everyone. As if. 
Now you claim you know how I voted 4 years ago. We’re you hiding in the ballot box?
And finally you claim to have knowledge about my financial position and lifestyle. Has nobody told you how social media works?
You’re either incredibly gullible and believe everything you read or you have psychic powers beyond human comprehension.

If b) did Nat really get her bits singed following a torrid affair with David Nugent? More importantly how big is Bonce’s slipper collection?

992How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 10:52

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Recent elections were won due to a combination of weakness of opposition, "manipulation" of facts, avoidance of scrutiny etc.

My concern is about how power is now being used by what turns out to be an increasingly autocratic government trying to suppress rival powers such as the judiciary, broadcasters, local government, the civil service, academia, civil society. 

A willingness to break international law confirms that democracy is actually meaningless to our PM and ministers whose word it is now impossible to trust. Equally obvious are the incompetence, continued lies, denials, cronyism, hypocrisy etc. (Furthermore, if they really cared about the nation's health, they would have banned smoking long ago.)

We are moving closer and closer in style to the governments of those countries that we powerless plebs rightly condemn. For society to survive, we need to move closer towards the policies of those countries and leaders who put genuine love and care for their citizens at the head of their decision-making and actions.

993How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Recent elections were won due to a combination of weakness of opposition, "manipulation" of facts, avoidance of scrutiny etc.

My concern is about how power is now being used by what turns out to be an increasingly autocratic government trying to suppress rival powers such as the judiciary, broadcasters, local government, the civil service, academia, civil society. 

A willingness to break international law confirms that democracy is actually meaningless to our PM and ministers whose word it is now impossible to trust. Equally obvious are the incompetence, continued lies, denials, cronyism, hypocrisy etc. (Furthermore, if they really cared about the nation's health, they would have banned smoking long ago.)

We are moving closer and closer in style to the governments of those countries that we powerless plebs rightly condemn. For society to survive, we need to move closer towards the policies of those countries and leaders who put genuine love and care for their citizens at the head of their decision-making and actions.
I share those concerns but feel the truth is much darker than that as hard to believe as that is.
Wasn’t it you that cited Monbiot?
Look at Edgerton’s Academic article - it just confirms that the masses have been duped by the super rich financiers and media moguls using clever nationalist messaging to increase the power of the few at the expense of the many - regardless of the cost to the individual nations they are doing it to. They have no nation but Boris et al are good examples of every nation having people greedy enough to f*** over their own country in exchange for local power.

994How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 12:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:Psychic Sluffy strikes again! 😀
First you claim to know “what we are all thinking.“ 
Then you claim you are speaking for everyone. As if. 
Now you claim you know how I voted 4 years ago. We’re you hiding in the ballot box?
And finally you claim to have knowledge about my financial position and lifestyle. Has nobody told you how social media works?
You’re either incredibly gullible and believe everything you read or you have psychic powers beyond human comprehension.

If b) did Nat really get her bits singed following a torrid affair with David Nugent? More importantly how big is Bonce’s slipper collection?

I know enough about human behaviour to have sussed you out.

You've stated on another forum how you posted FOR Brexit, then complained bitterly that you were 'misled' as what you 'thought' you were voting for wasn't what it turned out to be - caveat emptor.

As for what people say on the internet - either they are generally honest or they are generally not - so you either voted for Brexit as you stated, and the other stuff you post about yourself is based on truth or you tell lies - its that simple.

I may not have psychic powers but I know bullshit when I smell it and you voted for Brexit and have thrown your toys out of your pram ever since because you've since realised it was a bad decision for you to make.

It's done know though, so you have to live with it - man up to it, so to speak.

Your problem is you can't.

You simply can't accept that you are ever wrong - it's got to be someone else's fault instead.

Well this time it isn't, nobody twisted your arm to vote the way you did, you made your choice and you can't blame anybody else for that, as you knew what staying in the EU was all about and you decided that voting for Brexit would be better than what we had, even though you, nor anyone else, really had a clue how that would turn out.

995How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 12:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've only got eight pairs of slippers, but they mean the world to me. Quality, not quantity. 
Eight might seem a lot to some people, but I feel the need to mix them up a bit. Zip ups, cross over straps, slip ons. Each have their uses, depending on what I'm doing.
Sometimes I wear a zip up on one foot, and a slip on on the other. If nothing else it confuses the dog.
Mind you, we don't have a dog, so I don't know what's going on there, but it just goes to show what a mystery our lives are.

996How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 13:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Here is another example of the complete lack of principles or morals you get with Boris and his stooges.

The Justice Secretary says he would resign if the UK ended up breaking international law "in a way I find unacceptable". In other words he would find it acceptable to break international law, make us a country that cannot be trusted and still stay in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54137643

997How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 13:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's positively Trumpian.

998How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:30

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I've only got eight pairs of slippers, but they mean the world to me. Quality, not quantity. 
Eight might seem a lot to some people, but I feel the need to mix them up a bit. Zip ups, cross over straps, slip ons. Each have their uses, depending on what I'm doing.
Sometimes I wear a zip up on one foot, and a slip on on the other. If nothing else it confuses the dog.
Mind you, we don't have a dog, so I don't know what's going on there, but it just goes to show what a mystery our lives are.
Hope that is not you in your latest avatar, if it is then you need to lay off the vegan diet and get a couple of meat pies down your neck as soon as you can get out to  a Greggs.

999How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
Hope that is not you in your latest avatar, if it is then you need to lay off the vegan diet and get a couple of meat pies down your neck as soon as you can get out to  a Greggs.
How dare you! That's the witch from Paulus The Wood Gnome, a Dutch puppet show that appears to have been made by people out of their heads on drugs. A big favourite of mine.

1000How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
That's okay then, I just thought you were looking a little peeky.

1001How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:That's okay then, I just thought you were looking a little peeky.
That witch and I have similar eyebrows.

1002How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:55

T.R.O.Y.


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

No need for a comment like that on a pretty tame joke.

1003How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 16:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

No need for a comment like that on a pretty tame joke.

Seemed like the straw that broke the camels back to me.

He posts so much constant negativity that probably Karly just had enough and reacted.

No doubt the joke was doing the rounds on social media and Wanderlust (who tells us he never goes on there remember - yeah right!) saw it and copied on to here.

The joke as such was incidental but the perpetual negativity was simply a post too far for Karly's tolerance - and tbh I can't blame him either.

1004How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 16:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

No need for a comment like that on a pretty tame joke.

Seemed like the straw that broke the camels back to me.

He posts so much constant negativity that probably Karly just had enough and reacted.

No doubt the joke was doing the rounds on social media and Wanderlust (who tells us he never goes on there remember - yeah right!) saw it and copied on to here.

The joke as such was incidental but the perpetual negativity was simply a post too far for Karly's tolerance - and tbh I can't blame him either.


Correct Sluffy.

1005How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:Here is another example of the complete lack of principles or morals you get with Boris and his stooges.

The Justice Secretary says he would resign if the UK ended up breaking international law "in a way I find unacceptable". In other words he would find it acceptable to break international law, make us a country that cannot be trusted and still stay in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54137643
Resigning will just pave the way to installing another puppet yes man/woman- which has been the strategy all along.

1006How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

I know enough about human behaviour to have sussed you out.
So how come you’ve managed to be so spectacularly wrong in pretty much every outpouring of drivel you’ve written so far then?
You need to get out more and meet some humans.

1007How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

No need for a comment like that on a pretty tame joke.
Tame? It was witty, incisive and funny as f***! 
You questioning my comedic talents pal?  Laughing

Tbh my missus told me that one Embarassed



Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:45; edited 1 time in total

1008How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

Correct Sluffy.
Love your catchphrase.

Not sure it’s got the same mileage as “nice to meet you....” but seeing as you use it so much it’s bound to catch on sooner or later.

1009How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
Love your catchphrase.

Not sure it’s got the same mileage as “nice to meet you....” but seeing as you use it so much it’s bound to catch on sooner or later.
All part of the Nuts circus. You've got to love it. Very Happy
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Baxendale_bashstreetkids

1010How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

I know enough about human behaviour to have sussed you out.
So how come you’ve managed to be so spectacularly wrong in pretty much every outpouring of drivel you’ve written so far then?

Have I really?

I think I'm pretty much bob on with you.

@wanderlust wrote:You need to get out more and meet some humans.

What makes you think I don't?

I'm not the one who needs a bottle of vodka to be his best friend.

1011How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 18:07

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

1 - Yes you are correct that is the thread title
2 - Fwiw, I don't think they are doing very well either - but I doubt any government would under the circumstance of a world pandemic which we weren't prepared for.
3 - I was referring to his attitude across everything he posts, not just exclusively this thread - Trump, the BBC, Ken Anderson, Brexit, BWFC - anything and everything at all in fact.
4 - Finally I'd be interested for you to quote me any other time I used that phrase - because I don't recall ever doing so before, at least not anytime recently, if ever?
5 - And I came to that conclusion because he IS a negative fucker, as evidenced by his avalanche of constant negative comments on a daily basis.  Forgive me for assuming everyone had picked upon on that long before now, as clearly you haven't.
You've got the wrong end of the stick. The conclusion I am referring to is not whether or not Wander is or isn't a negative fucker. It is your totally unfounded conclusion that you know "what we all think."

1012How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Sun Sep 13 2020, 18:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Maybe Sluffy is Kreskin.

1013How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Mon Sep 14 2020, 17:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I know that today the world is busy laughing at the government’s “grass up thy neighbour” scheme, but there are a few things going relatively under the radar that suggest that the fallout from Brexit might bE starting a few months early.

The EU today delayed a decision on currency exchange that may be the start of them bankrupting the U.K.- which of course they can if they were so minded.
And there’s a report come out that U.K. employers are planning redundancies at twice the rate of the last recession.
Plus the government has announced plans to fine truck drivers £300 for entering Kent without the necessary export documentation.

I know the Brexit cliff edge is still a few months off, but today there were a few signs it might be starting to happen earlier - perhaps prompted by Johnson’s law breaking proposal.

Update:official government report warns the transport industry to expect queues of up to 7000 vehicles in Kent waiting to cross the channel by the end of January. They estimate it will take TWO DAYS to reach the front of the queue.

Ironic since they were warned of this 4 years ago but at least we’ll be taking back control of the queue.

1014How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Mon Sep 14 2020, 20:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Despite 5 former Prime Ministers and a bunch of former Attorneys General warning against approving the U.K. breaking international agreements and breaking international law, plus the USSenate threatening to block a trade deal with the U.K. it looks like the Internal Markets Bill will get the go ahead later tonight. After threats had been handed out by the party whip only 15 Tory MPs are likely to abstain and none are likely to vote against the government.

1015How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Mon Sep 14 2020, 20:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hip Priest wrote:
You've got the wrong end of the stick. The conclusion I am referring to is not whether or not Wander is or isn't a negative fucker. It is your totally unfounded conclusion that you know "what we all think."
He knew that. Obviously. Very Happy

1016How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Tue Sep 15 2020, 07:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So the lemmings in Parliament fell into line and passed the bill as expected and this will affect us all - especially the goods we buy and the food we eat.
The bill opens the door for the rigorous EU standards on food production, ethical sourcing, ingredients, treatment of animals in food production, manufacturing safety, treatment of employees, minimum wage etc to be dropped.
In effect, all British nations will now be forced to accept The standards set by any of the others whether it’s pig’s ringpieces in pork pies, unsafe children’s toys, sweat shop produced goods - and these will be sweatshops in the U.K. not in Asia - etc etc 
With tariffs being applied to imported European goods people on low incomes will be increasingly forced to buy British goods which will plummet in quality over the next years as market forces and internal competition will drive down standards to the lowest common denominator.

Exactly the type of economy they are striving for.
And a return to the Victorian world the nation voted for - but without an empire.

1017How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Tue Sep 15 2020, 09:27

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The governments law breaking Market Bill was passed this week. So British Law doesnt apply to any of us now if we dont want it to. We can live outside UK law with Bojo and Cummings.
I am chartering a Galleon, installing cannons onto it, and heading for Spanish waters.

1018How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Tue Sep 15 2020, 09:37

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 FvpoGvY

1019How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Tue Sep 15 2020, 09:38

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 SBtUBD6

1020How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Tue Sep 15 2020, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Government announces that almost 700 thousand jobs were lost in the last few months. Obviously it could have been a lot worse but for the furlough scheme, but that ends next month so we’ll get an idea of the true figure then.

Germany and a bunch of other countries have furlough schemes that last two years, some countries schemes are for a year - ours just 8 months and I’m questioning the wisdom of that especially with the Brexit cliff edge coming soon.

If the whole point of furlough is to retain trained staff until business picks up again, why stop it now?

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum