Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit Watch

+14
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Norpig
Sluffy
sunlight
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 27]

41Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 16:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It doesn't "bang on", but it is "bang on"!....because it does not say that leavers are "all" stupid but that the campaign was meant to appeal to those who might be swayed by it. 

I would hope that you yourself, for example, would not be amongst the gullible.

42Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 16:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brexit Watch - Page 3 Epntcp10
Cheers !!!

43Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 16:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tick tock. Were leaving tonight!

44Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 17:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Brexit Watch - Page 3 Epntcp10
Cheers !!!
Nigel Farage goes into his pub and asks for a pint.....
The barman pulls it & throws it into his face.
“Why did you do that?” Nigel asks.
“'You asked for a pint,” the barman says. “But you didn't say how you wanted it delivered.”
Farage replies: “Okay, I’ll have a pint in a pint glass”
“No. You can't ask again.,” the barman says.
“Why not?” Farage asks.
“Democracy,” the barman replies.

45Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 19:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

Anyone know how to clear this annoying what do you want shit??
So the problem is that 

What do you want to do ?
New mail
Copy

Appears every time you write a response and you can't delete it?

What do you want to do ?
New mail
Copy

Yes it just appeared but i may have inadvertantly pressed on something maybe.

46Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri Jan 31 2020, 19:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

47Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 00:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:123
That's an improvement. Getting there....

48Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 08:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not being funny but can we rejoin?

I've just been down to Tesco to get my breakfast pack and the shelves are empty.

I asked wtf was going on and they said because we are now out of the EU there is no food.

49Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 09:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not being funny but can we rejoin?

I've just been down to Tesco to get my breakfast pack and the shelves are empty.

I asked wtf was going on and they said because we are now out of the EU there is no food.
Very Happy

50Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 09:25

Good watch this -

https://twitter.com/bydonkeys/status/1223384182170275846?s=21

Anyway, what a feeling waking up this morning to freedom hey! That’s the end of it, I’m sure we won’t hear a thing about Brexit now.

51Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 13:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Brexit in itself is over. We have exited. We now have negotiations to look forward to, but I, like everyone else, will still refer to it as Brexit, probably. 
I also believe that we have a stronger hand in the trade talks than a lot of people believe. With a surplus of £66 billion, the EU has a lot to lose, and the government has shown that they are quite happy to walk away if pushed too hard, or unfairly. I also believe that many things will be left to as late as possible, as this is the usual way the EU works.

52Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 15:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Brexit in itself is over. We have exited. We now have negotiations to look forward to, but I, like everyone else, will still refer to it as Brexit, probably. 
I also believe that we have a stronger hand in the trade talks than a lot of people believe. With a surplus of £66 billion, the EU has a lot to lose, and the government has shown that they are quite happy to walk away if pushed too hard, or unfairly. I also believe that many things will be left to as late as possible, as this is the usual way the EU works.

And how optimistic do you feel about the trade talks with the USA given that the Americans insist we take their chlorinated chicken and pay a lot more for the drugs the NHS uses?

53Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 15:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Brexit in itself is over. We have exited. We now have negotiations to look forward to, but I, like everyone else, will still refer to it as Brexit, probably. 

And how optimistic do you feel about the trade talks with the USA given that the Americans  insist we take their chlorinated chicken and pay a lot more for the drugs the NHS uses?
Don't know yet, but I think that Trump and his bully-boy tactics won't be as successful as he seems to think. I'm sure he has the attitude that he's flying in to save the UK, and we'll do just as he says. Its not the case, and I think he'll be surprised, as evidenced by our insistence on the Jacoolis  case and the pushing on with the tax on the American tech firms.
There was a scientist on TV a few weeks ago who stated that chlorinated chicken was perfectly OK for consumption, but I have to admit it doesn't sound very appetizing. Agree with you about the drugs, but they are pursuing the same tactics that they have with every other country they have dealt with. I believe we get, or did, most of our drugs from Europe, so I suppose that the prices in that market will also rise. One to watch.

54Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have tried to go to the GP today but they requested payment?

Asked why and they said the NHS was sold "because of a grubby deal with Donald trump"

Good gosh I'm very unhappy.

55Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:

And how optimistic do you feel about the trade talks with the USA given that the Americans  insist we take their chlorinated chicken and pay a lot more for the drugs the NHS uses?
Don't know yet, but I think that Trump and his bully-boy tactics won't be as successful as he seems to think. I'm sure he has the attitude that he's flying in to save the UK, and we'll do just as he says. Its not the case, and I think he'll be surprised, as evidenced by our insistence on the Jacoolis  case and the pushing on with the tax on the American tech firms.
There was a scientist on TV a few weeks ago who stated that chlorinated chicken was perfectly OK for consumption, but I have to admit it doesn't sound very appetizing. Agree with you about the drugs, but they are pursuing the same tactics that they have with every other country they have dealt with. I believe we get, or did, most of our drugs from Europe, so I suppose that the prices in that market will also rise. One to watch.

We will just have to wait and see.

Incidentally the point about the chicken is that the Americans use chlorine because they have much lower animal welfare and food safety standards than the EU (and us at the moment). Here is a link giving the full background:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjO5dq65LDnAhVColwKHeDkBkgQFjAAegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rspcaassured.org.uk%2Fnews%2Fwhat-is-chlorinated-chicken%2F&usg=AOvVaw0sqBLEPNybOuoorZf5687S

56Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And how optimistic do you feel about the trade talks with the USA given that the Americans  insist we take their chlorinated chicken and pay a lot more for the drugs the NHS uses?

You're obsessed with chicken.

At least our bananas will stay bendy though.

57Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 20:09

This sort of thing does worry me, where have these lies come from and why do they both believe them so vehemently?

https://twitter.com/katarinawbureau/status/1223579044022771715?s=21

58Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 20:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:This sort of thing does worry me, where have these lies come from and why do they both believe them so vehemently?

https://twitter.com/katarinawbureau/status/1223579044022771715?s=21
What I saw were two ladies who had the gist of one aspect of what is happening but were not articulate enough to voice it. 
Reading some of the arrogant bastards who commented on the interview, below the video, sums up, to me, the view the vast majority of Remainers have of all those who wanted to leave the EU.  Remarkably similar to those views expressed on here, in fact.

59Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 21:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've enough for one day, so its bye for now. (at least we won 2-0 today)  Very Happy

60Brexit Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 01 2020, 21:25

Agree with you on the sneering, it has to stop.

But these women have been lied to and if what they’re saying is the basis of their decision that’s worrying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum