Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit Watch

Brexit Watch

+14
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Norpig
Sluffy
sunlight
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 27]

61Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 02 2020, 02:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:This sort of thing does worry me, where have these lies come from and why do they both believe them so vehemently?

https://twitter.com/katarinawbureau/status/1223579044022771715?s=21
What I saw were two ladies who had the gist of one aspect of what is happening but were not articulate enough to voice it. 
Reading some of the arrogant bastards who commented on the interview, below the video, sums up, to me, the view the vast majority of Remainers have of all those who wanted to leave the EU.  Remarkably similar to those views expressed on here, in fact.
What I saw was two ladies who had no idea what the EU does, what our Government does, who decides what or which bits of EU legislation everybody needs, appreciates and takes for granted. Really sad, but the fact is that our role in the EU is/was complex and the video demonstrates the difference between selling a complex argument with pros and cons and selling a catchphrase - a difference that has been fully exploited by populists globally and Cummings in the UK in particular.

62Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 02 2020, 15:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:This sort of thing does worry me, where have these lies come from and why do they both believe them so vehemently?

https://twitter.com/katarinawbureau/status/1223579044022771715?s=21
What I saw were two ladies who had the gist of one aspect of what is happening but were not articulate enough to voice it. 
Reading some of the arrogant bastards who commented on the interview, below the video, sums up, to me, the view the vast majority of Remainers have of all those who wanted to leave the EU.  Remarkably similar to those views expressed on here, in fact.
What I saw was two ladies who had no idea what the EU does, what our Government does, who decides what or which bits of EU legislation everybody needs, appreciates and takes for granted. Really sad, but the fact is that our role in the EU is/was complex and the video demonstrates the difference between selling a complex argument with pros and cons and selling a catchphrase - a difference that has been fully exploited by populists globally and Cummings in the UK in particular.
I have no doubt if you had the time and patience to speak to either of these ladies, they would probably know more than they are able to say in a small soundbite, and lets be honest, do all of us know all that's been going on, and if we did, could we tell the world in a couple of minutes or less?

63Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 02 2020, 23:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:This sort of thing does worry me, where have these lies come from and why do they both believe them so vehemently?

https://twitter.com/katarinawbureau/status/1223579044022771715?s=21
What I saw were two ladies who had the gist of one aspect of what is happening but were not articulate enough to voice it. 
Reading some of the arrogant bastards who commented on the interview, below the video, sums up, to me, the view the vast majority of Remainers have of all those who wanted to leave the EU.  Remarkably similar to those views expressed on here, in fact.
What I saw was two ladies who had no idea what the EU does, what our Government does, who decides what or which bits of EU legislation everybody needs, appreciates and takes for granted. Really sad, but the fact is that our role in the EU is/was complex and the video demonstrates the difference between selling a complex argument with pros and cons and selling a catchphrase - a difference that has been fully exploited by populists globally and Cummings in the UK in particular.
I have no doubt if you had the time and patience to speak to either of these ladies, they would probably know more than they are able to say in a small soundbite, and lets be honest, do all of us know all that's been going on, and if we did, could we tell the world in a couple of minutes or less?
They misquoted soundbites which were false statements in the first place Glos. How much more misguided could they be?
But they got to vote and that is exactly why we're leaving.

64Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 02 2020, 23:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a month to go before negotiating a deal with the EU begins and they've fallen out already with Raab saying we won't be meeting the EU (minimum) standards or complying with state aid regulation.

The latter is particularly interesting as the Tories have a track record of throwing public money at their mates in big business and Raab wants to be free of the restrictions put on that by the EU.

65Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 07:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would we wish to meet low EU standards on anything.

We're out now and can set our own standards.

66Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 10:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can never understand why people think we should negotiate from a position of weakness. The EU have bullied us for over 3 years and will no doubt try to do it again. Barnier has already tried it by saying we should have full alignment when it was agreed previously that we wouldn't. And so it will go on.

67Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 10:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would we wish to meet low EU standards on anything.

Were out now and can set our own standards.
Problem is HN, very few, if any, ex Remainers have any faith in this country's ability to run itself.

68Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 10:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We won't let the Yanks bully us of course.

69Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 10:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its looking that way at the moment, but they bully everyone. I think the impeachment process currently playing itself out demonstrates that perfectly.

70Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 11:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Its looking that way at the moment, but they bully everyone. I think the impeachment process currently playing itself out demonstrates that perfectly.
Trouble ahead for Trump. His problems are just beginning.

71Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 12:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would we wish to meet low EU standards on anything.

We're out now and can set our own standards.
Why would we not wish to meet minimum standards?

Presumably the Tory thinking is if we lower standards there is more profitability for their mates.

72Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 19:40

Guest


Guest

Government tried to block the free press today. Unbelievable that so many people have looked over at the state of Trump’s US and thought - ye we could do with a bit of that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journalists-walk-out-no-10-briefing-a9314996.html

73Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 20:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does anyone remember Sajid Javid saying before the election, "No department will be cut next year. Every single department has had its budget for day to day spending increased at least in line with inflation. That's what I mean by the end of austerity."


Is everyone aware that since then he announced a 5% cut in all departments?
Don't believe Tory lies; they only ever win by lying; don't be a mug.

74Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 20:26

Guest


Guest

I don’t think it matters to their voters be honest. The lies are well documented, it’s gone the way of Trump in the US - policies/credibility don’t matter. It’s all about a vague ‘destination’ ie Get Brexit Done - how and you what gain aren’t important anymore just so long as the other side don’t gain control.

Unfortunately that blind support essentially gives this government a blank cheque to behave as they please, so long as the ‘destination’ and the country’s polarisation over that issue is maintained.

75Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 21:05

Guest


Guest

Just read this on Twitter in response to Boris’s speech today, can’t argue with it.

“I am here to warn you that free trade is being choked,” says @BorisJohnson, who has taken his country out of the world’s biggest free trade zone, and put up non tariff barriers for all businesses”

76Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this the future, you posting the same material post after post?

77Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon Feb 03 2020, 21:27

Guest


Guest

Might be, doesn’t seem to be much going on here. Talking to myself is probably the best we can hope for.

78Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 00:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Brexit Watch" is like having a thread about personal jet pack traffic - worth discussing when it happens.

79Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 08:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would we wish to meet low EU standards on anything.

We're out now and can set our own standards.
Why would we not wish to meet minimum standards?

Presumably the Tory thinking is if we lower standards there is more profitability for their mates.

As Boris laid out yesterday in his wonderful speech.

We already have higher standards in almost every area.

I repeat we will not be forced to accept their low standards.

80Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue Feb 04 2020, 08:55

Guest


Guest

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would we wish to meet low EU standards on anything.

We're out now and can set our own standards.
Why would we not wish to meet minimum standards?

Presumably the Tory thinking is if we lower standards there is more profitability for their mates.

Essentially (despite what Hipsters falsely claiming) EU food standards are amongst the highest in the world - as are our own. 

In Feb last year, the US Trade Representative made clear we'd need to ditch these as a condition for a trade deal with them - essentially breaking down a barrier to trade and opening our market up to their manufacturers.

So despite Boris denying it will happen, we have seen him lie a few times in similar circumstances and as a result trust is low.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum