Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit Watch

Brexit Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

91Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch on Tue Feb 04 2020, 17:20

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@okocha wrote:
 You are Boris Johnson facing tricky questions. Do you:
a. refuse to do the interview
b. ban the journalists
c. shut down parliament
d. jet off on holiday
e. hide in a fridge
f. all of the above

A & B.

Do I win a prize?
Of course....as long as I can choose what prize it should be

92Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch on Wed Feb 05 2020, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@okocha wrote:Woah!! This is a serious and sinister move, threatening democracy and reminiscent of similar moves by countries which are grotesquely state-controlled:

"Today's "i" newspaper leads on the banning yesterday of its political editor and journalists from a number of other news organisations  from a Downing Street briefing.
[size=13]The paper says shutting out certain publications damages the bedrock of a free media, which exists to help hold the government to account.
The Mirror  - another excluded newspaper - describes the move as tin-pot tyranny.Downing Street must never be allowed to dictate what you read, hear and see, it says, or democracy is undermined."[/size]

Ha ha, your anti-government posts are becoming more desperate by the day.

And by the way, will you please learn to cut and paste.
I wouldn't be anti-government if they would act in ways which are beneficial to our country and to you yourself, Nat, but to ban the i and the Independent, for example, is seriously worrying.
 I presume that your unpleasant rants suggest you believe in freedom of speech? 

What I wrote is cut and pasted exactly as it is written in the BBC online summary of today's news headlines, but I'll learn to adapt the way it translates onto the Nuts pages if you will learn to be a bit more discerning and sensiblly grown-up about threats to our way of life, rather than play to the crowd so inanely.
The Independent should be safe as it's still owned by Murdoch who is starting to get his payoff for Brexit - consolidated yesterday by the Tory Government undermining the BBC's licence fee income.

The "i" however is owned by Lord Rothermere who also owns the Mail - a group which is now being punished since they stopped their more extreme pro-Brexit rantings and lies when Paul Dacre was replaced as editor 18 months ago.

Presumably these measures to undermine Murdoch's competition are amongst the things Boris was told to do when he sent Odey round to Downing St - but I doubt we'll ever be able to confirm it. 

It will be interesting to see how far the commercial payoffs will go.

93Brexit Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit Watch on Thu Feb 06 2020, 10:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
You lot are going round and round in circles so fast and so often, that I'm just waiting for you all to disappear up your own rhetoric  Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum