Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Brexit Day!

+5
Sluffy
xmiles
sunlight
boltonbonce
karlypants
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy Brexit Day! Empty Happy Brexit Day! Fri Jan 31 2020, 18:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy Brexit day to all fellow Brexiteers!

If it wasn't for (Sir) Nigel Farage then this possibly would never have been a reality so he deserves the utmost respect.

Also the same applies for Mr. Johnson for getting Brexit on the right path. Just a shame that Remainer Theresa May could never have got this done.

Mr. Farage's goodbye in Brussels is worth a watch here...

And some great photos of people celebrating so far today in London...

brexit-1

brexit-2

brexit-3

So to the idiot who says that the Leave side wouldn't have won if the racists where stopped from voting, go and shove it up your fat arse because the first three pictures I saw today were of a black man, asian and people of the muslim religion as shown above.

The comment below by our favourite Remoaner poster below which looks a tad like racist baiting TBH...

brexit4

How pathetic! It is about time that the 3 hard core Remoaners on here got a grip and accepted that we are starting to leave TODAY!!! :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

2Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Fri Jan 31 2020, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"If Brexit is a disaster I'll go and live somewhere else". Nigel Farage.

Thanks Nigel, you contemptuous fuck.

3Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Fri Jan 31 2020, 18:51

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get ready for the Tories to start stealthily removing workers rights and also to stop further benefits. Obviously, amongst many other things against the poor.

4Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Fri Jan 31 2020, 20:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

"So to the idiot who says that the Leave side wouldn't have won if the racists where stopped from voting, go and shove it up your fat arse because the first three pictures I saw today were of a black man, asian and people of the muslim religion as shown above."

As you are clearly a moron karly I will try to explain this in very simple words.

Just because a few individuals who are not apparently racists voted to leave in no way disproves my point. I said if racists were not allowed to vote we would still be in the EU. That is because racists almost certainly voted to leave. After all racists don't like foreigners or people who are different from them.

Also you assume that just because someone is "a black man, asian and people of the muslim religion" that they are not racist. That is both patronising and inaccurate.

Enjoy it while you can you halfwit. Smile

5Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Fri Jan 31 2020, 20:53

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A quote from Gove today "All the evidence is, actually, that since we voted to leave the EU, that attitudes towards immigration have become more warmer and optimistic."

Prominent Leaver Michael Gove said Brexit had made the UK "warmer" to immigration.

The Tories love their immigration to keep the poor down.

All those imbeciles who though leaving the EU would stop immigration. Anyone who believes anything the privileged Tories ever say is an imbecile.

6Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 00:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 00:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I missed it - footie followed by a half decent band in the pub - although if yet another band plays Highway To Hell I'll kick off - so did they actually use the Countdown clock?

8Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 01:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:A quote from Gove today "All the evidence is, actually, that since we voted to leave the EU, that attitudes towards immigration have become more warmer and optimistic."

Prominent Leaver Michael Gove said Brexit had made the UK "warmer" to immigration.

The Tories love their immigration to keep the poor down.

All those imbeciles who though leaving the EU would stop immigration. Anyone who believes anything the privileged Tories ever say is an imbecile.
"more warmer" is not in the English language. It's either "more warm" or "warmer" - (which means more warm)

Gove should at least have the decency to learn English given that some idiot once made him Secretary of State for Education FFS.

9Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 01:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote: It is about time that the 3 hard core Remoaners on here got a grip and accepted that we are starting to leave TODAY!!! :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

Are you forgetting that us rejoiners are in the majority now KP?

That's because people who love Britain know rejoining is in Britain's interest.

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

10Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

KP, its no good trying to be nice to a bitter bunch of people who will not, indeed cannot, accept that the country has changed direction, and left them behind. They will moan, make stupid comments, and completely ignore anything even slightly positive, preferring instead to whinge, moan, and repeat inane, no longer relevant, comments. and live in a world of what was, and not what it can be.
On the other hand, us Brexiteers, are happy, optimistic, and looking forward to the future, because, as much as anything, we know that any changes will be made without us being overseen and dictated to by 27 foreign powers, which will allow us to be ourselves, in whatever way we like.

11Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 14:47

I don’t think it’s a case of anybody not accepting Brexit now Glos, it’s happened and there’s no going back any time soon. Now it’s going to be interesting to see what we make of it, and the trade deals we get.

One thing I do think is noticeable is the dilution in Brexiteers ambitions from leaving the EU. Talk of flourishing economically has been curtailed and now benefits seem more focussed on intangibles like freedom.

My issue with that has always been in relation to a future trade deal, most of which involve alignment of rules/regulations as we had in the EU. Will this ire leavers in the same way?

12Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 15:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t think it’s a case of anybody not accepting Brexit now Glos, it’s happened and there’s no going back any time soon. Now it’s going to be interesting to see what we make of it, and the trade deals we get.

One thing I do think is noticeable is the dilution in Brexiteers ambitions from leaving the EU. Talk of flourishing economically has been curtailed and now benefits seem more focussed on intangibles like freedom.

My issue with that has always been in relation to a future trade deal, most of which involve alignment of rules/regulations as we had in the EU. Will this ire leavers in the same way?
I don't think there's a dilution of expectations TROY, I rather think that its that we have accepted that things are about to change, indeed, are already changing. The 'debate' was bruising for everyone, so its good to know that an outcome is being considered, and the whole country is moving on, (except XM  Very Happy ). I also have concerns about what may or may not go right, but I'm happy to sit and wait, for now, and give the main players room to maneuver, because to my mind, this is a whole new situation for all of us, and a lot of the old rules and attitudes will no longer apply.
The country is now a lot more savvy as to what the politicians get up to, and the points you make will be scrutinized severely. As I've said in the past, I think were entering a new type of political era now.

13Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 15:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
On the other hand, us Brexiteers, are happy, optimistic, and looking forward to the future, because, as much as anything, we know that any changes will be made without us being overseen and dictated to by 27 foreign powers, which will allow us to be ourselves, in whatever way we like.
Not true Glos - only 21% of the electorate - including isolationalists - believe we'll be better off (56% believe we'll be worse off and 23% believe it will make no difference)
As for Leave voters, only 46% of them now believe the economy will be better off and there is NO evidence whatsoever that Brexiteers are particularly happy or optimistic or looking forward to the future.
Plus the vast majority of voters want to:
"keep close economic ties with the EU.
No fewer than 86% agree that after Brexit, companies based in the EU should be allowed "to sell goods and services freely in Britain in return for allowing British companies to sell goods and services freely in the EU".
To realise that ambition, it is likely that the regulations on what can be made and sold in the UK will have to remain fairly similar to those in the EU.
Voters are not always opposed to keeping to EU rules, particularly when those rules might be thought to favour consumers.
Even after Brexit, NatCen's research found nearly three-quarters (72%) want UK companies to follow EU rules limiting the cost of using a mobile phone abroad.
Similarly, almost four in five (78%), think UK airlines should still follow EU rules requiring them to compensate seriously-delayed passengers.
As the UK government seeks the freedom to do things differently, it might well consider that voters could want some things to remain the same - particularly when it comes to their rights as consumers."

And anyhoo we'll be "overseen and dictated to" by the likes of Rupert Murdoch and the other foreign puppeteers instead - and unlike the EU, we won't get representation with them, nor will we be protected from them.

But none of this will happen until we actually leave the EU which may take several years but when the reality kicks in it will be interesting to revisit Professor Curtice's research.

14Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're such a pessimistic sod Wander. Every comment or statistic you quote is negative. Whilst sifting through your information, did you deliberately ignore any positive points, as I cannot believe there weren't any, unless of course, they were penned by a Remainer ?
I have no doubt that should something actually go right, you will still denigrate it in some way.

15Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you see the BBC reporter remark that the Brexit celebration in parliament Square was "a very white crowd"

I'd like someone to point me in the direction of another gathering, celebration protest or otherwise where the racial make up of the crowd is commented on.

16Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Typical BBC bias. They don't have the stage to show their opposition to Brexit anymore, so are standing on the sidelines taking pot-shots where they can. Our national broadcasting company, disgraceful, as ever.

17Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 16:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am waiting for something positive Glos.
Lots of hot air about it but absolutely nothing tangible so far.
If something positive happens that is better than what we are giving up I'll be chuffed.

18Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:23

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t think it’s a case of anybody not accepting Brexit now Glos, it’s happened and there’s no going back any time soon. Now it’s going to be interesting to see what we make of it, and the trade deals we get.

I don't think there's a dilution of expectations TROY, I rather think that its that we have accepted that things are about to change, indeed, are already changing. The 'debate' was bruising for everyone, so its good to know that an outcome is being considered, and the whole country is moving on, (except XM  Very Happy ). I also have concerns about what may or may not go right, but I'm happy to sit and wait, for now, and give the main players room to maneuver, because to my mind, this is a whole new situation for all of us, and a lot of the old rules and attitudes will no longer apply.
The country is now a lot more savvy as to what the politicians get up to, and the points you make will be scrutinized severely. As I've said in the past, I think were entering a new type of political era now.

Fair enough Glos, don’t agree with you but maintaining positivity is admirable given the onslaught of negativity.

Out of interest though would you agree with me on the foreign interference point?

19Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think there are different points to this foreign intervention thing. Many didn't want foreigners allowed into the UK as they blamed many for losing jobs, etc, when it was a joint problem in that many unskilled people came into the UK, with the infrastructure incapable of such overloading. This was the fault of open doors, and bad planning, as well as the lack of resources from the Government. This situation will take some time to remedy itself with many twists and turns, but a change of the government can only be for the better.
My own interest in this is from the governing of the country by the EU. We had agreed a trade deal  47 years ago, but as time went on the EU was becoming a Federal state and the UK was included whether we wanted to or not.
In answer to your question, I think, for me at least, that the majority will realize that we just cannot abandon all the rules and regulations overnight. In fact we are in accord with many of them, and it is there that we will work well with the EU. Rather than seeing the EU as interfering, I believe that many will see it as tough negotiations and that any concessions on our part will be for a benefit of some sort, rather than viewing it as an interference. In theory, they cannot 'interfere' now, just negotiate or request.

20Happy Brexit Day! Empty Re: Happy Brexit Day! Sat Feb 01 2020, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been to the corner shop for my Pepsi 8 pack and multipack of Twirls.

The same price as they were on Friday afternoon when I bought my last stash.

I thought the world was going to end?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum