Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Twat of the week.

Twat of the week.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Twat of the week. Empty Twat of the week. on Fri Feb 07 2020, 22:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Nancy Pelosi and runner up Scofield.

2Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Fri Feb 07 2020, 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has to be Trump. Only he could go to a 'prayer breakfast' and spew bile.

3Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 09:31

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Marc Iles for his typically inept Per Frandsen article but I must avoid becoming a Pelosi.
A Pelosi is someone who makes an innocent victim of someone who isn't exactly an innocent victim.

4Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 10:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Marc Iles for his typically inept Per Frandsen article but I must avoid becoming a Pelosi.
A Pelosi is someone who makes an innocent victim of someone who isn't exactly an innocent victim.

Very Happy 

(On both accounts!)

5Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 10:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Haven't read the article. What was the problem with it?

6Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 11:51

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@boltonbonce wrote:Haven't read the article. What was the problem with it?
Without going into a lengthy tome, let me ask whether you think that the re-signing of Per Frandsen was all down to the brilliance, energy and foresight of Sam Allardyce, as Marc Iles would have BN readers believe. Or do you think it might have had something to do with the Chairman or Eddie Davies who, as supporters, recognised the contribution Frandsen had made to the club's previous success, and who, in typical Iles style, get no mention in his article?


It was the board that made the gamble and the commitment and I'd need persuading that it wasn't members of the board that inititiated the process of re-signing Frandsen, who incidentally had never previously played under Allardyce but had under Phil Brown whilst assistant to Colin Todd.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat Feb 08 2020, 12:09; edited 1 time in total

7Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Without going into a lengthy tome, let me ask whether you think that the re-signing of Per Frandsen was all down to the brilliance, energy and foresight of Sam Allardyce, as Marc Iles would have BN readers believe. Or do you think it might have had something to do with the Chairman or Eddie Davies who, as supporters, recognised the contribution Frandsen had made to the club's previous success, and who, in typical Iles style, get no mention in his article?

I'm sure I'm right in saying that, despite the financial commitments of Eddie Davies and David Speakman, the club was in more debt when the board agreed to re-sign Frandsen than it was when the previous board decided they had to sell him to help balance the books.

It was the board that made the gamble and the commitment and I'd need persuading that it wasn't members of the board that inititiated the process of re-signing Frandsen, who incidentally had never previously played under Allardyce but had under Phil Brown whilst assistant to Colin Todd.

So in other words, you think the article is "inept" because Iles doesn't have the same opinion as you?

8Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 12:18

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Without going into a lengthy tome, let me ask whether you think that the re-signing of Per Frandsen was all down to the brilliance, energy and foresight of Sam Allardyce, as Marc Iles would have BN readers believe. Or do you think it might have had something to do with the Chairman or Eddie Davies who, as supporters, recognised the contribution Frandsen had made to the club's previous success, and who, in typical Iles style, get no mention in his article?

I'm sure I'm right in saying that, despite the financial commitments of Eddie Davies and David Speakman, the club was in more debt when the board agreed to re-sign Frandsen than it was when the previous board decided they had to sell him to help balance the books.

It was the board that made the gamble and the commitment and I'd need persuading that it wasn't members of the board that inititiated the process of re-signing Frandsen, who incidentally had never previously played under Allardyce but had under Phil Brown whilst assistant to Colin Todd.

So in other words, you think the article is "inept" because Iles doesn't have the same opinion as you?

Iles is inept because he ignores facts that contradict his prejudices and he does it over and over again. Some folk don't mind that at all, especially when it suits their own prejudices.

Why don't you try explaining to me why, when Ken Anderson was trying to get Eddie Davies to stump up another £5m to pay off Blumarble, Marc Iles falsely claimed that Gordon Hargreaves funded the building of the Reebok?

9Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 15:43

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Iles is inept because he ignores facts that contradict his prejudices and he does it over and over again. Some folk don't mind that at all, especially when it suits their own prejudices.

Do you have facts to support your theory the Frandsen re-signing was driven by the board?

10Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 16:15

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Iles is inept because he ignores facts that contradict his prejudices and he does it over and over again. Some folk don't mind that at all, especially when it suits their own prejudices.

Do you have facts to support your theory the Frandsen re-signing was driven by the board?
The fact that I'm alleging is that it was the board that made the gamble and the commitment not Sam Allardyce which Iles typically fails to mention.

Who actually initiated it has not been published so far as I'm aware. What we do know is that the chairman of the board that took the decision to sell Frandsen was very soon afterwards replaced as chairman by Phil Gartside with two new directors (who were also supporters) putting money into the club and it was not long after that Frandsen was back at BWFC.

What I am suggesting is that Iles is misleading the readership of BN in inferring that it was all down to Allardyce when Allardyce was not paying the bill and there were others more influential than Allardyce who had reason to want to see Frandsen back at BWFC and actually made it happen.

11Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 16:20

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
You said he’s ignored facts, but which facts are you referring to?

I think you’re probably right by the way, but without being there I think it’s difficult to say anything is 100% certain either way.

12Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 17:09

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You said he’s ignored facts, but which facts are you referring to?

I think you’re probably right by the way, but without being there I think it’s difficult to say anything is 100% certain either way.
In this  particular case the fact Iles ignored was who it was that actually re-signed Per Frandsen.

It seems unlikely that Frandsen would have been re-signed without Allardyce being consulted but the idea that Allardyce had the authority to spend £1.6m (plus wages) of the club's money without board approval is naive but sadly all too typical of Marc Iles reporting.

13Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 17:32

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Just read the article, you’ve gone way over the top on this one I’m afraid - this is all Iles says regarding the transfer:

‘ Just a year later, Sam Allardyce managed to resign him for £1.6m and he became the fulcrum of a team which not only got back into the top flight, but also stayed there.’

From that sentence you’ve decided Iles is claiming Allardyce had the authority to spend without board approval?

Sorry but you’ve lost all credibility on this point, you’ve obviously got an issue with Iles and it’s clouding your judgement.

14Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 19:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Just read the article, you’ve gone way over the top on this one I’m afraid - this is all Iles says regarding the transfer:

‘ Just a year later, Sam Allardyce managed to resign him for £1.6m and he became the fulcrum of a team which not only got back into the top flight, but also stayed there.’

From that sentence you’ve decided Iles is claiming Allardyce had the authority to spend without board approval?

Sorry but you’ve lost all credibility on this point, you’ve obviously got an issue with Iles and it’s clouding your judgement.
At least the ST couldn't get dragged in this time. Very Happy

15Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 22:03

Ten Bobsworth


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
If one is to be at all objective, it might be possible to consider Marc Iles comments  in the context of his other comments and the comments of the BN over the last twenty years.

An alternative to Marc Iles observations might be that: 'Under the direction of the new chairman, Phil Gartside, and with the financial support of Eddie Davies and David Speakman it wouldn't be long before the excellent and highly respected Frandsen was welcomed back into the fold to help the club secure and sustain its place in the Premiership'.

No Bonce, nowt to do with the ST on this occasion. That's another story.

16Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sat Feb 08 2020, 22:47

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
You’re really clutching at straws here. Theres plenty to criticise Iles about, but you have nothing on that specific point.

You have also failed to point out what facts you have to contradict him.

Much like Sluffy, you seem to be confusing your opinions and theories with fact.

17Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 00:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You’re really clutching at straws here. Theres plenty to criticise Iles about, but you have nothing on that specific point.

You have also failed to point out what facts you have to contradict him.

Much like Sluffy, you seem to be confusing your opinions and theories with fact.

Hahaha, somebody is fishing for a bite!

Bob, TROY only posts on this site to engineer arguments for presumably his own amusement.

I guess he thinks he is smarter than anyone else as he will continue arguing ad nauseum until people think 'what's the point replying to him any more'.

I don't know what he seeks to get out of the exercise in what he does, maybe he just likes to get under the skin of people?

He's tried hard to do it with me over the years but as I simply just care what people say on the internet, he's simply wasting his time and effort as far as I'm concerned - his problem, not mine.

If he thinks what I say is only opinions and theories, then good for him, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I've told people, based on my professional knowledge and expertise, numerous explanations as to the 'why's and wherefores' of why various things happened/did not happen, and if people want to believe me, then it's entirely up to them - many didn't - plenty still don't.

Suffice to say that all the regulatory bodies that now must have gone through the Anderson era of ownership leaving no stone unturned have all yet to commence any actions against him, which considering how so many people viewed him as the Devil's spawn and the hatred, threats and abuse against him and the multitude of things he was alleged to have done to benefit himself and his family, that it seems quite extraordinary now in retrospect that no charges whatsoever have yet to be brought against him.

Seems I did know what I was talking about after all!

Not bad for someone who only deals in 'opinions' and 'theories' apparently, eh?

Cool

18Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 08:48

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy you spent 3 years praising Anderson as a savvy business man, even likening him to Jeff Bezos at one point. All most of us tried to do was explain to you why failing to pay players and staff would annoy fans and drive the club into the ground - which it nearly did, and you wouldn’t accept that.

19Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 10:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Sluffy you spent 3 years praising Anderson as a savvy business man, even likening him to Jeff Bezos at one point. All most of us tried to do was explain to you why failing to pay players and staff would annoy fans and drive the club into the ground - which it nearly did, and you wouldn’t accept that.

Once again someone who can't understand the fact that BWFC and Ken Anderson are two separate legal entities.

The company that is BWFC employs and pays the players wages not KA the person.

BWFC has year after year spent more than it brought in.

Eddie Davies chose to fund the difference from his own pocket - FV are doing the same now.

Anderson did not wish to lose his personal wealth to do the same - and why should he?

BWFC's been insolvent for decades and once Eddie died the well inevitably ran dry.

It's as simple as that.

If people don't want to accept or understand that, well it's their problem, they are in denial of reality and the legal facts of Company Law.

As for likening Ken (or anyone else for that matter) to Jeff Bezos that is an outright lie as I've never done that on here or even in real life!

No point bothering with you any more.

Go and play your silly games with someone other than me.

20Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy, since day one you seem to have implied that company owners have no moral responsibility to their employees. Your argument seems to be that as long as they don't break the law they can do what they want.

Is that your thinking?

21Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:05

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

The company that is BWFC employs and pays the players wages not KA the person.

BWFC has year after year spent more than it brought in.

Eddie Davies chose to fund the difference from his own pocket - FV are doing the same now.

Anderson did not wish to lose his personal wealth to do the same - and why should he?

BWFC's been insolvent for decades and once Eddie died the well inevitably ran dry.

It's as simple as that.

If people don't want to accept or understand that, well it's their problem, they are in denial of reality and the legal facts of Company Law.


Nobody is arguiing with this, so I have no idea what you're rattling on about.

@Sluffy wrote:

As for likening Ken (or anyone else for that matter) to Jeff Bezos that is an outright lie as I've never done that on here or even in real life!


Twat of the week. Screenshot-2020-02-09-at-11-59-00

22Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Sluffy, since day one you seem to have implied that company owners have no moral responsibility to their employees. Your argument seems to be that as long as they don't break the law they can do what they want.

Is that your thinking?

It's not my thinking - the law, not morals, is what companies and individuals work to and are judged upon in terms of legal requirements.

Some owners go above and beyond what is required of them, others keep just the right side of the law by doing just their statutory requirements.

Anderson seems to be an example of the latter.

Bolton Wanderers FC paid out more than it got in, year after year after year.

If Eddie Davis didn't choose to prop it up with his own wealth it would have fallen into Administration years ago.

Was he moralistic and benevolent to do such and altruistic thing as a person, or did he simply have sufficient wealth to do so as a hobby?  Whatever the reason he had no legal requirement to do what he did - and his family are £200m less well off from him doing so.

Anderson didn't choose to do the same.

He's not committed any crime by doing so and probably 99.99% of those shouting for his head would also not put in their own personal wealth into the club knowing full well that they would lose it, and need to keep on feeding the beast until they bankrupt themselves.

I certainly wouldn't and would offer my professional advise to others not to do so either in such circumstances.

FV have taken over the club and have spent millions so far presumably with the intention to recoup it further down the line - the ten year plan we hear about I guess?

Anderson clearly did not have the personal wealth or inclination to do the same - and again why should he?

A great number of high street stores have shut down or closed branches in the last few years putting ten of thousands of people out of a job, should the owners of those companies put their hands into their pockets and spent their person wealth propping the stores up knowing the inevitability that particular business model of large multi store town centre shopping is no longer working and they will lose all they put in?  

Do these owners not also have moral responsibilities to their staff and suppliers also?

People can't seem to grasp, or even want to try to understand that Anderson has no requirement either in law or morally to bankrupt himself to pay the wages of employees and suppliers to the company he owned - BWFC.

It's as simple as that.

Anybody who doesn't wish to accept that is simply in denial of the how businesses work.

23Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

As for likening Ken (or anyone else for that matter) to Jeff Bezos that is an outright lie as I've never done that on here or even in real life!


Twat of the week. Screenshot-2020-02-09-at-11-59-00


My apologies, I had no recollection that I simply used him as an example based on a news article the previous day, some two years ago.

It could have been anybody, he obviously just happened to be in the news at the time.

24Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 12:57

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm just trying to highlight how much you've changed your tune, claiming you merely pointed out the facts of what were going on (which nobody has ever disputed) is not entirely true, you also consistently lectured on how fans and media should have far more respect for Anderson and his actions - so this recently found smugness around being proved right is without basis in my opinion.

We all had theories around the ownership of the club and we'll probably never know what happened behind closed doors. But frankly i don't care anymore, he's gone, we still have a club (for now at least) and we move on.

Shall we draw a line under it?

25Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.

I bet you were tossing off to it once you found it.

Well it's very fitting that you have posted in the twat of the week thread as you clearly top it for this week!

26Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.


:facepalm:

27Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:23

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:You really are a sad wanker bringing up an 18 month old post to try and get one over a mod on here.

I bet you were tossing off to it once you found it.

Well it's very fitting that you have posted in the twat of the week thread as you clearly top it for this week!

Ye really sad being able to use Google to search for something isn't it?

Get back in your box little man.

28Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I'm just trying to highlight how much you've changed your tune, claiming you merely pointed out the facts of what were going on (which nobody has ever disputed) is not entirely true, you also consistently lectured on how fans and media should have far more respect for Anderson and his actions - so this recently found smugness around being proved right is without basis in my opinion.

We all had theories around the ownership of the club and we'll probably never know what happened behind closed doors. But frankly i don't care anymore, he's gone, we still have a club (for now at least) and we move on.

Shall we draw a line under it?

I do believe authority should be respected, whether people liked Anderson or not he was the owner and largely sole Director for most of the time and as such those positions should not be undermined no matter how much you may despise those that hold them.

I believe reporters should report fairly and without bias, clearly Iles hasn't and has had an agenda with others which led directly to the toxicity to all that subsequently happened because of it.

I've been constant throughout on both of these points.

Good of you to acknowledge that I was proved right all along, there's plenty who still are unable to understand/accept that, many never will.

I'm more than happy to draw a line and move on from what has been a toxic and abusive time on here as well as the club.

The club now seems to be in the process of healing, it would be good if Nuts could too, although I fear the die has been cast for us.

Hope I'm proved wrong on this.

29Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:45

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Weird post, if your takeaway from mine is that I was praising you for being proved right then you’ve missed the point (on purpose id imagine).

30Twat of the week. Empty Re: Twat of the week. on Sun Feb 09 2020, 13:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Weird post, if your takeaway from mine is that I was praising you for being proved right then you’ve missed the point (on purpose id imagine).

You drawing a line under it didn't last long then!

Fwiw I wrote 'acknowledge' I don't know how you transformed that somehow it into praise?

And you're free to imagine whatever you want - that of course is what the vast majority did over Anderson - they were wrong as well.





Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum