Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The referee's a wanker!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The referee's a wanker! Empty The referee's a wanker! Fri Feb 07 2020, 23:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A new series of Inside No.9 has just started and the first tale is about football - The Referee's A Wanker.

A brilliant programme for those who may not have seen them before, each a 30 minute tale, with a twist at the end.

All of the five series are currently free to watch on BBC iplayer, the link to the latest one about the ref below.

If you have 30 minutes to spare then I would highly recommend watching this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000f1t9/inside-no-9-series-5-1-the-referees-a

2The referee's a wanker! Empty Re: The referee's a wanker! Sat Feb 08 2020, 09:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed that. Thanks for drawing it to my attention Sluffy.

3The referee's a wanker! Empty Re: The referee's a wanker! Sat Feb 08 2020, 09:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Not one of their best in my opinion but still good.

There are some truly great ones in the previous series and I am looking forward to the rest of the current series.

4The referee's a wanker! Empty Re: The referee's a wanker! Tue Feb 11 2020, 00:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched this tonight - not my usual cup of tea, but it was amusing in a sort of Tales of the Unexpected way. Is that the main thrust of the programme? Stories with a twist?

5The referee's a wanker! Empty Re: The referee's a wanker! Tue Feb 11 2020, 11:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:I watched this tonight - not my usual cup of tea, but it was amusing in a sort of Tales of the Unexpected way. Is that the main thrust of the programme? Stories with a twist?

Yes there is normally a twist but they vary enormously in how much humour they have. At one extreme is The 12 Days Of Christine which has no jokes and is very powerful and moving. On the other hand there is the very funny A Quiet Night In, but there is a lot of different styles used. If you are interested you might try googling "best episodes of No. 9".

6The referee's a wanker! Empty Re: The referee's a wanker! Tue Feb 11 2020, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I watched this tonight - not my usual cup of tea, but it was amusing in a sort of Tales of the Unexpected way. Is that the main thrust of the programme? Stories with a twist?

Yes there is normally a twist but they vary enormously in how much humour they have. At one extreme is The 12 Days Of Christine which has no jokes and is very powerful and moving. On the other hand there is the very funny A Quiet Night In, but there is a lot of different styles used. If you are interested you might try googling "best episodes of No. 9".
Cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum