Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MK Dons 1-0 Bolton

+7
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
karlypants
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Feb 20 2020, 15:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keith Hill thinks this will be a hard game (no shit sherlock) so how are we going to get on?

MK 2 V 1 Bolton

2MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Feb 20 2020, 16:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hill looks looks Martin Mucklowe!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Feb 20 2020, 16:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Hill looks looks Martin Mucklowe!
Uncanny resemblance, great programme by the way.

4MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Feb 20 2020, 16:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Easter eggs have arrived early!

5MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Thu Feb 20 2020, 16:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Fri Feb 21 2020, 11:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MK Dons v Bolton likely line-ups, odds, all you need to know

Bolton head to MK Dons searching for a much-needed return to form and hoping to complete the double over their hosts.

From likely line-ups to key men, the referee and odds, find out all you need to know about the game below.

LIKELY LINE-UPS

MK Dons (4-3-3): Nicholls, Poole, Williams, Moore-Taylor, Lewington, Gilbey, McGrandles, Houghton, Nombe, Morris, Healey

Wanderers (4-3-3): Matthews, Emmanuel, Hobbs, Nsiala, Fleming, Lowe, Crawford, L Murphy, Politic, D Murphy, Dodoo

OPPOSITION MANAGER

Russell Martin: Former Norwich City and Scotland defender who took over the reins from Paul Tisdale in November, roughly a year after joining the club as a player. Martin has imprinted a new style of play on the Dons – one based largely on playing out from the back – and it has reaped dividends in recent weeks as the club edged away from trouble.

HEADLINE NEWS

Joe Mason could return to action for MK Dons against Wanderers – a club he played for on three occasions on loan from Cardiff City (MK Citizen)

Goalkeeper Lee Nicholls admits the new style of play brought in by manager Russell Martin at the end of last year felt “alien” (MK Citizen)

Russell Martin has thanked Norwich City for lending him Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson as he attempts to keep his side in League One (The Pink ‘Un)

WHO MAKES THEM TICK?

At the back: Lee Nicholls – Ever-present this season, the keeper has had to adapt to a new style of play and does well with the ball at his feet.

In the middle: Jordan Houghton – Former Chelsea trainee who tends to play on the left side of midfield and can chip in with the goals.

Up front: Rhys Healy – Ex-Cardiff man who has been a goalscoring success at MK Dons so far, scoring nine in 15 games.

THEY SAID IT

“We’re in charge of our own destiny. It helps us, of course, when results go your way but we are focusing on us and taking care of our own business.

“I told the players that this month could define the season and can make it easier for everyone come next month.

“We have to be aware of the threat, of course, because we’re not safe and I won’t be comfortable until it’s mathematically done, but our aim has to be on the team directly above us and chasing them down” – Russell Martin is much happier with his side’s form in the last few weeks

HEAD-TO-HEAD HISTORY

Played – 5

Wanderers wins – 2

Draws – 2

MK Dons wins – 1

BOOKIES ODDS

Bolton win – 9/2, draw – 3/1, MK Dons win – 8/13

REFEREE

Ollie Yates – Staffordshire referee who has given out 98 yellow cards and seven reds in his 28 games this season. His last encounter with Wanderers came on September 21 last year as Keith Hill’s side drew 1-1 at home against Sunderland.

FIXTURE TRENDS

Wanderers have lost just one of their five meetings with MK Dons – and that was the first one, as Daniel Powell’s goal settled a Championship game at Stadium MK.

MK Dons striker Joe Mason is the last person to score a senior league hat-trick for Wanderers. He did it against Rotherham in a 3-2 victory on September 16, 2014.

Wanderers have not won a game at Stadium MK – their previous visit in February 2017 ending in a 1-1 draw with Jay Spearing on the scoresheet for the Whites.

TRIVIA

There are currently 130 roundabouts in Milton Keynes. When the town was built it was decided that no building would be taller than the nearest tree – although that rule has now been relaxed. The town has been used on various film shoots, including Withnail and I and Monty Python’s Meaning of Life.

TICKETS

Adults – £22, Over-65s – £17, Under-18s – £7, Under-12s – Free (with a paying adult and not available online)

FIXTURES

Accrington v Rotherham, AFC Wimbledon v Blackpool, Fleetwood v Portsmouth, Ipswich v Oxford, Lincoln v Gillingham, MK Dons v Wanderers, Rochdale v Coventry, Shrewsbury v Doncaster, Southend v Burton, Sunderland v Bristol Rovers, Wycombe v Tranmere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Fri Feb 21 2020, 17:02

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we know how this ends, we are just not sure about the score.

8MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 10:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-3 D.Murphy hat trick

9MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 14:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 14:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

11MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 14:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see Crawford back!

12MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 16:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Been taking a look at MK Dons accounts whilst half-listening to a match as dull as dishwater.

The figures are not remotely like the claims made by Marc Iles in yesterday's BN. He's no idea about profit, loss or balance sheets but spouts out as if he's some kind of financial authority.

He's so clueless that he's no idea how clueless he is, yet there are members of the House of Lords who think he's 'esteemed'.

So much for the House of Lords. If they are going to move it, can't they move it somewhere suitable to its uselessness.

It really does seem sad to compare a club like BWFC with all its history to MK Dons but there are interesting comparisons to be made on the financial front. I'll save them for later if I can get round to it.

13MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 17:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Been taking a look at MK Dons accounts whilst half-listening to a match as dull as dishwater.

The figures are not remotely like the claims made by Marc Iles in yesterday's BN. He's no idea about profit, loss or balance sheets but spouts out as if he's some kind of financial authority.

He's so clueless that he's no idea how clueless he is, yet there are members of the House of Lords who think he's 'esteemed'.

So much for the House of Lords. If they are going to move it, can't they move it somewhere suitable to its uselessness.

It really does seem sad to compare a club like BWFC with all its history to MK Dons but there are interesting comparisons to be made on the financial front. I'll save them for later if I can get round to it.
Only a weapon like you could turn a matchday topic into financials, it's a football forum not the financial times index.

14MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 17:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Watched it on ifollow…..
Same as always ….we lack basic ball control and can't string three passes together. Politic had his worst game in a Bolton shirt IMO.
We shall see what the summer brings but this lot are mid-table League Two at best.
And again I still blame the EFL not the current owners & Staff.

15MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 19:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listened on the radio and wished i hadn't bothered. Two bad sides with little quantity. 

Can we end the season now please?

16MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 20:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Listened on the radio and wished i hadn't bothered. Two bad sides with little quantity. 

Can we end the season now please?
You're lucky you only had sound, I watched on a stream and it was worse than dire, no shape, no desire, no plan, nothing that inspires me to think that KH can manage to turn this around next season, I truly fear we could end up in the National league with Hill at the helm.

17MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 22 2020, 22:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its obvious to all now that we are in a holding role for next season, when we will be in League 2. The only problem is that we may well be in the same mindset that we are now, when the season starts. I get the distinct feeling that we have completely switched off regards ambition, team shape, tactics, and any on-the-pitch ambition. Nothing seems to be being asked of the players, and personal pride is for other teams, not ours. Gathering our resources, and planning for the future is one thing, sitting on our hands waiting for the season to end is another.
For the first time in over 50 years I expect us to lose every week, and, regrettably, I don't really care.

18MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 23 2020, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Its obvious to all now that we are in a holding role for next season, when we will be in League 2. The only problem is that we may well be in the same mindset that we are now, when the season starts. I get the distinct feeling that we have completely switched off regards ambition, team shape, tactics, and any on-the-pitch ambition. Nothing seems to be being asked of the players, and personal pride is for other teams, not ours. Gathering our resources, and planning for the future is one thing, sitting on our hands waiting for the season to end is another.
For the first time in over 50 years I expect us to lose every week, and, regrettably, I don't really care.

Good summary Glos.

As I've been saying I don't 'get' what is going on.

We have a 'team' of players (most brought in by Hill remember) who all know there is nothing to play for (we are relegated in all but name and have been so since early January when Hill let go our two on loan centre backs and a left back he'd signed - and failed to replace them until the end of the window by which the damage had been done.

I would guess 80% or more of the team won't be with us next year, the better ones will want to play for better paying teams than ours, the worse ones we don't want, leaving us with just a few ok ones - and then it is up to them if they want to stick with us or try their luck elsewhere.

So what have we achieved this season?

Certainly not the basis of a side for next season.

A God awful manger who hasn't impressed me both on and off the pitch.

Kenyon, Phoenix and plenty other big chiefs at the reservation and no Indians (well five I think) who are contracted to be here next season and are over the age of twelve.

Already hard core Wanderers fans of many years who actually go to games, openly talking already of not attending and not feeling guilty about not going, simply because there's nothing to play for, for the remainder of the season.

So in summary, the players and fans aren't bothered and both groups wish the season to be over - with still 16 games (I think, even I can't be bothered to check!) left to play.

Really what was the point to it all?

What has Sharon got out of it other to watch her money fly out the window and continue to do so?

I can't fathom it?

Can you?

19MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 23 2020, 00:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Only a weapon like you could turn a matchday topic into financials, it's a football forum not the financial times index.

No need for that Martin.

We all have our own pet topics, yours is abusing whichever current manager we have at the time.

Bobs beef is with Iles who once again spouted financial stuff - this time about 'the Don's' - which once again is wrong - yet people who follow him believe every word of his it seems.

If we all shut up about our pet footballing related peeve's then we'd only have slipper talk left on here!

And we don't want that at all do we!

Very Happy

20MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: MK Dons 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 23 2020, 08:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It escapes me, Sluffy, how anyone, vaguely the right side of sanity, can think that it makes sense to spend a Saturday afternoon glued exclusively to the latest miserable performance of possibly the worst Bolton Wanderers team in over a century whilst it slides ignominiously into the promised land of the fourth tier of English football.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Feb 23 2020, 09:34; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum