Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 37]

1051Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m not going to the pub anytime soon that’s for sure. 

They will inevitably be a breeding ground for the coronavirus.

No social distancing and they will be rammed with pissed up people. 

One pub pubs has already opened up not too far from me and another will on Saturday.

Not sure if they are getting away with it or not due to serving food.

1052Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
One of the things people need to keep in mind is going to the toilet at work, shops or public venues.

I went for a pleasant stroll around Virginia Water with my daughter on Fathers Day but wasn't too happy about the crowds there but it was just about within reason for me (bearing in mind my age and condition into account) but I wouldn't have wanted to share the toilets with so many others - statistically I'm going to be around someone with the virus - and on more than one occasion - sooner or later and probably have been already.

Got me thinking about how I would need to think ahead if I were to be out in the public in future.

Certainly can't imagine wanting to have a session in a pub until all this is resolved.

1053Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
People keep telling me to stay locked in the house. I'm quite touched by their concern.

1054Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 18:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:People keep telling me to stay locked in the house. I'm quite touched by their concern.
Protecting the NHS.  Don’t want to see you taking up their valuable time with one of your many accidents

1055Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Protecting the NHS.  Don’t want to see you taking up their valuable time with one of your many accidents
Never thought of that. I assumed they didn't like me.

1056Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 18:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Images21
@boltonbonce wrote:
It could be the slippers and the tea cosy you wear on your head.

1057Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 18:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Images21
@boltonbonce wrote:
It could be the slippers and the tea cosy you wear on your head.
I always knew Bonce had a thing for Nora Batty!

1058Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 19:47

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 OyVWYVl

1059Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Jun 23 2020, 19:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Is this a Nuts board meeting I wonder?

1060Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Jun 24 2020, 00:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not sure if I dreamt this or not, but didn't Boris suggest that we should sign in when we go to the pub?
You know - for contact tracing if half the village dies.
That said, "I'm going to walk the dog", "I'm still at the office", "I've been helping MI6 with a matter of national importance which unfortunately, due to the Official Secrets Act, I can't explain to you....since Friday" and other creative reasons for being in the pub will now be subject to scrutiny as an official record will be kept. 

Questions, questions....

I will definitely be going to check out how folk handle it and if anyone breaks the rules I'm off.

1061Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Jun 24 2020, 07:08

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Johnson has said that in order to social distance in the Pub, that people should have a Catheter fitted, but with a heavy duty bin-liner instead of those little plastic bags they usually have, that wont need emptying until you get home. And to fill your table with pints so as not to have to keep ordering.

1062Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Jun 24 2020, 10:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
With the recognition that meat processing factories are showing as the sources for recent outbreaks, wouldn't it be ironic if the only way to be sure of safe meat was to chlorinate it?  
XM, your biggest fear may yet become reality, so have you thought of becoming a vegetarian ?  Very Happy

1063Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Jun 24 2020, 10:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:With the recognition that meat processing factories are showing as the sources for recent outbreaks, wouldn't it be ironic if the only way to be sure of safe meat was to chlorinate it?  
XM, your biggest fear may yet become reality, so have you thought of becoming a vegetarian ?  Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1064Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@gloswhite wrote:With the recognition that meat processing factories are showing as the sources for recent outbreaks, wouldn't it be ironic if the only way to be sure of safe meat was to chlorinate it?  

No chance! Smile

1065Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 15:20

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Will we survive? Driving to the Shops earlier I got the impression that Traffic Lights are optional now.

1066Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 15:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
i hope that's not going to be your defence when you get the summons  Very Happy

1067Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:00

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I will tell them it was Prince Philip driving.

1068Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
No say it was Dominic Cummings.

1069Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:22

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@xmiles wrote:No say it was Dominic Cummings.
Aye, I will tell them I lent my car to Dominick Cummings so he could go Dogging up at Barnard Castle. Id better not mention the eye test as that got him on a sticky wicket.

1070Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What's dogging? Can you bet on it?

1071Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:37

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@boltonbonce wrote:What's dogging? Can you bet on it?
Its 3 to 1 that it was what he was doing up at Barnards Castle, and is why you often see him on Downing street early in the morning wearing a flat cap, and with a copy of the Sporting Times.

Edit. Allegedly.

1072Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I sometimes wear a flat cap. Should I get a whippet?

1073Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've got a few flat caps. Is that the dogging uniform? Can you leave your cap off, or is it required kit.

1074Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:44

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@gloswhite wrote:I sometimes wear a flat cap. Should I get a whippet?
Get one of those tartan covered shopping carts with little wheels on it. Unless you are going for the Peaky Blinders look.

1075Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My Niece says people play this dogging up Rivington Pike. I might have a look.

1076Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:49

sunlight

sunlight
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@boltonbonce wrote:I've got a few flat caps. Is that the dogging uniform? Can you leave your cap off, or is it required kit.

You can go for the Last of the Summer Wine look to do it also.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 JzWVhvK

1077Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I like the Compo look. Sluffy would be a dead cert for Foggy.

1078Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@sunlight wrote:
Get one of those tartan covered shopping carts with little wheels on it. Unless you are going for the Peaky Blinders look.
Might take a 'Sholley', I can take other things I might need, such as 'toys', and of course, dog food  Very Happy

1079Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 16:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is Keith Lard involved?

1080Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 36 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sat Jun 27 2020, 17:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Depends on the weather. I use it when I swim the channel and find it very effective.  Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum