Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

331Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 12:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If this helps anyone a chemist i know told me and he's never been wrong before that if you have had the Flu shot and more importantly the Pneumonia shot you have a better chance of getting a mild dose of the virus. Also Vit D is very important to top up on.

332Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:If this helps anyone a chemist i know told me and he's never been wrong before that if you have had the Flu shot and more importantly the Pneumonia shot you have a better chance of getting a mild dose of the virus. Also Vit D is very important to top up on.
Neurologists in France and UK say Ibuprofen  makes coronavirus worse so steer clear of it - but those tossers at PHE say there is no conclusive evidence - but why take the risk?

333Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 15:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig, are you showing any symptoms yet?

334Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 15:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm fine thanks KP. I am at home today because my Daughter isn't well but it's NOT coronavirus.

335Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I may have to work from home at some stage so they are sorting out how they will get the bedpans to my house  Very Happy

336Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 15:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm fine thanks KP. I am at home today because my Daughter isn't well but it's NOT coronavirus.

Good stuff. Smile

337Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 15:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I may have to work from home at some stage so they are sorting out how they will get the bedpans to my house  Very Happy

Fair play to you mate because as far as I know you are the only one of us from Nuts, on the frontline combating this thing and you and all the rest of your colleagues all around the world have our respect and thanks.

Hers a virtual round of applause from me!

:clap:

(Well ok, from what you have told us I know you aren't at the sharp end of things but you are part of a team that most definitely are).

We might have had our differences in the past and probably will do in the future but that's about nothing more than over a game of footy (and in particular the finance behind it) and also who your mates are on a random footy forum but in real life we'd be in a real mess without you and all the rest of your colleagues, now more than ever.

Real life comes first every time.

338Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't blame Norpig if he was on the frontline and did a runner to protect his family.

It must be worrying for those who are on the frontline from what can be seen from the situation in Italy.

339Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Finally after the scientific community rounded on the Government's coronavirus strategy and their lack of honesty about it, the virus modelling from Imperial College that the Government is using has been published - and it predicts 250,000+ deaths* in the UK - so now it's out there and the scientific community critical of the the Government has got it's wish.

Meanwhile on the business front it's become clear that only days after Sunak's budget, his proposed measures of £12 billion support for businesses is looking completely inadequate - especially when compared to Macron's pledge that "no French business will be allowed to fail - even if it takes hundreds of billions" (which it probably will IMO)

Moreover, the whole Government strategy has been amended as they have realised the key problem with the old one - that there is no exit strategy (as I tried to explain to my troll the other day) - starting with yesterday's announcement from Boris. New, more realistic financial measures to keep businesses afloat expected soon.

I'll stop short of saying our Government lies to us, but it has to be noted that their "experts" have been very selective in the information they have released to date and partisan in their interpretation of the modelling.

* see p16 of the report. Note also that this figure assumes "even if everyone could be treated"
US deaths expected to exceed 1.1 million.

Cranky
/ˈkraŋki/

adjective
adjective: cranky; comparative adjective: crankier; superlative adjective: crankiest

informal•British
Eccentric or strange.

Why do you always believe there is a conspiracy when the real truth is as simple as this -

"In the last 24 hours, Downing Street's instructions to the public to protect everyone's health changed at breakneck speed as new scientific data emerged".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51931734

From Laura Kuenssberg the BBC's Political editor.

You do know who the BBC is don't you, that organisation that the Conservatives hate and Boris seemed so intent on dismantling just days before coronavirus took over everything, by scraping it's funding?

Do you think she's part of the conspiracy 'spin' too?

You probably do!

340Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I wouldn't blame Norpig if he was on the frontline and did a runner to protect his family.
Are you suggesting that Norpig, a hero of the NHS, a stalwart of the ULTRAS, would run away from the battle?

Outrageous.  Smile

341Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I wouldn't blame Norpig if he was on the frontline and did a runner to protect his family.

It must be worrying for those who are on the frontline from what can be seen from the situation in Italy.

That's the point though, very few if any put themselves before the sick.

Thank God they do.

Whilst they are saving lives you get the pig ignorant, selfish bastards panic buying and plundering the supermarkets for toilet rolls, hand sanitisers, etc and fuck everyone else!

Hope they all get piles!

Karma.

342Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Hope they all get piles'.

Don't know why I find that so funny Sluffy, but it's set me off on a fit of the giggles. I'll have to make a brew.

343Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Finally after the scientific community rounded on the Government's coronavirus strategy and their lack of honesty about it, the virus modelling from Imperial College that the Government is using has been published - and it predicts 250,000+ deaths* in the UK - so now it's out there and the scientific community critical of the the Government has got it's wish.

Meanwhile on the business front it's become clear that only days after Sunak's budget, his proposed measures of £12 billion support for businesses is looking completely inadequate - especially when compared to Macron's pledge that "no French business will be allowed to fail - even if it takes hundreds of billions" (which it probably will IMO)

Moreover, the whole Government strategy has been amended as they have realised the key problem with the old one - that there is no exit strategy (as I tried to explain to my troll the other day) - starting with yesterday's announcement from Boris. New, more realistic financial measures to keep businesses afloat expected soon.

I'll stop short of saying our Government lies to us, but it has to be noted that their "experts" have been very selective in the information they have released to date and partisan in their interpretation of the modelling.

* see p16 of the report. Note also that this figure assumes "even if everyone could be treated"

Cranky
/ˈkraŋki/

adjective
adjective: cranky; comparative adjective: crankier; superlative adjective: crankiest

informal•British
Eccentric or strange.

Why do you always believe there is a conspiracy when the real truth is as simple as this -

"In the last 24 hours, Downing Street's instructions to the public to protect everyone's health changed at breakneck speed as new scientific data emerged".

Data was already there and has been for weeks as it came from China via Imperial. It emerging was new - although they did update it yesterday before release.

And I was telling you days ago that the Government's strategy was flawed, but to their credit they have changed tack now - even though it took the cat crawling out of the bag for them to do it.

So to paraphrase you, hopefully you will finally accept the view that I originally put forward and retract your insults - or do you think you know better than the Government's own "experts" ?

Smile

344Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:'Hope they all get piles'.

Don't know why I find that so funny Sluffy, but it's set me off on a fit of the giggles. I'll have to make a brew.
It's no joke. I bought the last two packets of Anusol suppositories this morning.

345Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:'Hope they all get piles'.

It's no joke. I bought the last two packets of Anusol suppositories this morning.
If Sluffy gets his wish there's going to be more trouble then? Punch ups in Boots over pile suppositories will be a degrading spectacle. Shocked

346Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Cranky
/ˈkraŋki/

adjective

informal•British
Eccentric or strange.

Data was already there and has been for weeks as it came from China via Imperial. It emerging was new - although they did update it yesterday before release.

And I was telling you days ago that the Government's strategy was flawed, but to their credit they have changed tack now - even though it took the cat crawling out of the bag for them to do it.

So to paraphrase you, hopefully you will finally accept the view that I originally put forward and retract your insults - or do you think you know better than the Government's own "experts" ?

Smile

Wrong.

The MODEL was there, the actual DATA is new.

Don't you know the difference between the two - apparently not?

It's not a hard concept to understand.

Putting the actual DATA from the last few days into the MODEL has resulted in moving much more quickly into the next stage in fighting this than was predicted.

Do you get it now?

I certainly don't know better than the Government's experts, or any other proven expert come to that - clearly you do.

You know better than anyone apparently about everything.

Or at least you think you do.

Would not surprise me at all if you were an expert on piles too, considering all the shite that come out of your hole!

Very Happy

347Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

EDIT - just seen your post, seems you are!

Quelle surprise.

348Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 16:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piles is no laughing matter. Or so a friend tells me.

349Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 17:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Cranky
/ˈkraŋki/

adjective

informal•British
Eccentric or strange.

Smile

Wrong.

The MODEL was there, the actual DATA is new.

Don't you know the difference between the two - apparently not?

It's not a hard concept to understand.

Putting the actual DATA from the last few days into the MODEL has resulted in moving much more quickly into the next stage in fighting this than was predicted.

Do you get it now?

I certainly don't know better than the Government's experts, or any other proven expert come to that - clearly you do.

You know better than anyone apparently about everything.

Or at least you think you do.

Would not surprise me at all if you were an expert on piles too, considering all the shite that come out of your hole!

Very Happy
No you're wrong. The data has been around since January and it was on that basis that the WHO declared the emergency. Obviously it has been added to.

Are you suggesting a) that the Government created their first strategy using data modelling without data? or b) that the small amount of data collected since Friday completely changed the whole picture when added to the huge amount of data collected over the last couple of months that was already in existence? If the latter you're an idiot because it clearly shows you don't understand data modelling - and you don't read things properly the report says that "this realisation has happened only in the past few days" i.e. they've only just cottoned on to what it really means.

Come on Sluffy...man up, accept that you are and were wrong, withdraw your incessant stream of insults and apologise for being a twat.
Actually, don't bother with the last one because it's not necessarily your fault.

350Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 18 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 17 2020, 17:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
New, more realistic financial measures to keep businesses afloat expected soon.
Sunak on telly now telling us what a great job he and the Government are doing.

As expected, he's upped his £12 billion - to £330 billion! Slight miscalculation first time around Rishi?

:rofl:

Ah the details....

It's a LOAN not a grant.

Business rates holiday for leisure industry.
Small grants totalling £20 billion to micro businesses.
OK it's a start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum