Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 50]

571Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:20

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Literally the point of a forum.
No it isn't. Look up the meaning of forum. I dont see bitching or childish behaviour mentioned.

What's childish about discussing the government response to a public health crisis?

572Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:21

gloswhite wrote:Bugger !
I've just got an email from the NHS telling me I'm at risk, and confining me to the house for 12 weeks.
I'm supposed to be working from 1830 to midnight and I can't get hold of anyone, and 3 contractors are supposed to be turning up.

Sorry to read that, good luck - im sure boredom will prove to be the worst part!

573Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
I've just got an email from the NHS telling me I'm at risk, and confining me to the house for 12 weeks.
I'm supposed to be working from 1830 to midnight and I can't get hold of anyone, and 3 contractors are supposed to be turning up.

Sorry to read that, good luck - im sure boredom will prove to be the worst part!
Make sure you have footwear suited to long spells in the house.

574Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Dad's just phoned as happy as I've heard him in years.

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70 season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

And McGinlay was happy to chat, he spent 20 minutes talking about the great times in the 90s.

Say what you want about the club and John McGinlay, but they both deserve a massive amount of credit for making a few peoples day a whole lot better.

575Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My Dad's just phoned as happy as I've heard him in years.

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70s season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

And McGinlay was happy to chat, he spent 20 minutes talking about the great times in the 90s.

Say what you want about the club and John McGinlay, but they both deserve a massive amount of credit for making a few peoples day a whole lot better.
Hang on - didn't Stuffy inform us that he was a very bad man for saying nasty things about King Ken? Tell your dad to stop hobnobbing with undesirables or he risks being inundated with lengthy irrelevant diatribes and personal abuse.

576Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70 season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

Nice to hear some good news and well done John McGinlay.

577Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done SJM and the Mighty Whites.

578Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Obviously your decision glos and you are in the high risk category but suppose you hadn't checked your email until after 1830.

579Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70s season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

Hang on - didn't Stuffy inform us that he was a very bad man for saying nasty things about King Ken? Tell your dad to stop hobnobbing with undesirables or he risks being inundated with lengthy irrelevant diatribes and personal abuse.

How utterly pathetic are you???

We are talking about someone's dad in real life who is in the at risk category for his health and wellbeing, being delighted that he's received an unexpected call from one of his footballing idols and you've turned it into an Anderson issue and personal point scoring against me???

For fuck's sake try thinking of others rather than yourself ALL the time.

Natasha I'm happy for your dad and respect the club to be doing such a thing.  

I'm sure we all are apart from this looney who clearly cares for no one other than himself.

Fair play to McGinlay making people's days right now.

580Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:37

What’s that you said about bitching Glos?  Very Happy

581Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:42

Great to hear, rare the club actually do something so right. As always got to love SJM for the passion he has for the club and town.

582Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was thinking how many would commit suicide because of what is currently going on in the world and just read that one Chinese person has jumped off the top of an apartment block in Thailand.

So sad.

583Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 21:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well there we go! As predicted, lockdown is upon us and it's no bad thing - although I think it will be extended beyond 3 weeks.

Since Germany locked down, there seems to have been a fairly positive effect to the extent that they are now apparently working with their EU partners and flying in critically ill patients from Italy for treatment.

Good luck to everyone and your families - even the poster who uses the full version of the USAF acronym for the A7 Attack Bomber as his username Smile

584Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think I might grow a beard.

585Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You will have to grow your hair as there aren't any barbers open.

586Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

587Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

What more do you think is required?

588Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:54

And what more could be done?

589Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
karlypants wrote:I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

What more do you think is required?

One form of exercise per day - I can't see how they will control this is someone goes out jogging round the block twice a day for example.

Parks - They should just be shut completely for the time being (Some confusion as Bolton Council has closed all parks anyway)

What will happen to the reduced London underground tube service that has ended up being rammed full of people?

To provide care or help a vulnerable person - How will they know if I am genuinely helping a disabled relative for example? I would think this would be abused to do other stuff.

590Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 30 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How will this stop the panic buying? I still don't think every supermaket chain has an item limit?

I just feel that this will be abused and needs a heftier punishment perhaps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum