Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 29]

571Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:20

@gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Literally the point of a forum.
No it isn't. Look up the meaning of forum. I dont see bitching or childish behaviour mentioned.

What's childish about discussing the government response to a public health crisis?

572Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:21

@gloswhite wrote:Bugger !
I've just got an email from the NHS telling me I'm at risk, and confining me to the house for 12 weeks.
I'm supposed to be working from 1830 to midnight and I can't get hold of anyone, and 3 contractors are supposed to be turning up.

Sorry to read that, good luck - im sure boredom will prove to be the worst part!

573Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:
I've just got an email from the NHS telling me I'm at risk, and confining me to the house for 12 weeks.
I'm supposed to be working from 1830 to midnight and I can't get hold of anyone, and 3 contractors are supposed to be turning up.

Sorry to read that, good luck - im sure boredom will prove to be the worst part!
Make sure you have footwear suited to long spells in the house.

574Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My Dad's just phoned as happy as I've heard him in years.

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70 season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

And McGinlay was happy to chat, he spent 20 minutes talking about the great times in the 90s.

Say what you want about the club and John McGinlay, but they both deserve a massive amount of credit for making a few peoples day a whole lot better.

575Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:My Dad's just phoned as happy as I've heard him in years.

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70s season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

And McGinlay was happy to chat, he spent 20 minutes talking about the great times in the 90s.

Say what you want about the club and John McGinlay, but they both deserve a massive amount of credit for making a few peoples day a whole lot better.
Hang on - didn't Stuffy inform us that he was a very bad man for saying nasty things about King Ken? Tell your dad to stop hobnobbing with undesirables or he risks being inundated with lengthy irrelevant diatribes and personal abuse.

576Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:42

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:My Dad's just phoned as happy as I've heard him in years.

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70 season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

Nice to hear some good news and well done John McGinlay.

577Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done SJM and the Mighty Whites.

578Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 15:43

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Obviously your decision glos and you are in the high risk category but suppose you hadn't checked your email until after 1830.

579Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:

He's just received a phone call from John McGinlay asking if he's ok and does he need any help. Apparently he's ringing around all the over 70s season ticket holders on behalf of the club.

Hang on - didn't Stuffy inform us that he was a very bad man for saying nasty things about King Ken? Tell your dad to stop hobnobbing with undesirables or he risks being inundated with lengthy irrelevant diatribes and personal abuse.

How utterly pathetic are you???

We are talking about someone's dad in real life who is in the at risk category for his health and wellbeing, being delighted that he's received an unexpected call from one of his footballing idols and you've turned it into an Anderson issue and personal point scoring against me???

For fuck's sake try thinking of others rather than yourself ALL the time.

Natasha I'm happy for your dad and respect the club to be doing such a thing.  

I'm sure we all are apart from this looney who clearly cares for no one other than himself.

Fair play to McGinlay making people's days right now.

580Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:37

What’s that you said about bitching Glos?  Very Happy

581Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 16:42

Great to hear, rare the club actually do something so right. As always got to love SJM for the passion he has for the club and town.

582Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Was thinking how many would commit suicide because of what is currently going on in the world and just read that one Chinese person has jumped off the top of an apartment block in Thailand.

So sad.

583Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 21:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well there we go! As predicted, lockdown is upon us and it's no bad thing - although I think it will be extended beyond 3 weeks.

Since Germany locked down, there seems to have been a fairly positive effect to the extent that they are now apparently working with their EU partners and flying in critically ill patients from Italy for treatment.

Good luck to everyone and your families - even the poster who uses the full version of the USAF acronym for the A7 Attack Bomber as his username Smile

584Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Think I might grow a beard.

585Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:14

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
You will have to grow your hair as there aren't any barbers open.

586Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

587Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:48

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@karlypants wrote:I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

What more do you think is required?

588Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 22:54

And what more could be done?

589Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@karlypants wrote:I'm not sure the measures are drastic enough TBH.

What more do you think is required?

One form of exercise per day - I can't see how they will control this is someone goes out jogging round the block twice a day for example.

Parks - They should just be shut completely for the time being (Some confusion as Bolton Council has closed all parks anyway)

What will happen to the reduced London underground tube service that has ended up being rammed full of people?

To provide care or help a vulnerable person - How will they know if I am genuinely helping a disabled relative for example? I would think this would be abused to do other stuff.

590Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How will this stop the panic buying? I still don't think every supermaket chain has an item limit?

I just feel that this will be abused and needs a heftier punishment perhaps.

591Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

592Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm a little concerned about public transport for when i go back to work next Wednesday, will there still be buses running to get me work and my boy to school?

Will i have to work at home? Work haven't even contacted me since i had to self isolate so no idea if i class as a key worker? (I and the wife probably will be)

It is about time the lockdown was enforced, too many people were ignoring the guidelines and being pricks.

593Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

To provide care or help a vulnerable person - How will they know if I am genuinely helping a disabled relative for example? I would think this would be abused to do other stuff.
Weirdly we were just discussing that as I am registered as a carer for my son with mental health problems and the County Council provided me with a card to that effect. Son lives in a flat 200 yards away but I am desperately concerned that his loneliness will push him over the edge if I don't keep up daily contact - but I did consider using the card if I happened to be going elsewhere to help other folk in need as I often do being retired. Decided I wouldn't be helping them or us if they or I contracted the virus, but will definitely be using it to see my son as he has been self-isolating for the last two years.

594Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:It is about time the lockdown was enforced, too many people were ignoring the guidelines and being pricks.

This is what concerns me. Everyone i've spoken to act as i'm alright Jack. They say they are fit and healthy if they get it blah blah blah or they are simply not bothered because it's 2% of deaths etc..

The problem is that there are still people out there who just don't get the fact that it can be passed on to someone that could kill them.

Selfish fuckers the lot of them.

I don't know why work can't sort out a VPN for you to be able to connect to the network and work from home.

All schools should be closed. End of!

595Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My manager did mention it last week but apparently it costs £200 per VPN and there weren't enough tokens whatever that means?

596Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I'm a little concerned about public transport for when i go back to work next Wednesday, will there still be buses running to get me work and my boy to school?
There's a case for keeping a lot of services open - heating oil deliveries for example. We have been encouraged to order food online, but how long will those deliveries continue?

597Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@Norpig wrote:I'm a little concerned about public transport for when i go back to work next Wednesday, will there still be buses running to get me work and my boy to school?
There's a case for keeping a lot of services open - heating oil deliveries for example. We have been encouraged to order food online, but how long will those deliveries continue?

I would have thought that McDonald's and the like would have been ok if they just used the drive thru service or if they continued to use the uber eats service.

They obviously don't think they would have been a big demand for it and is now a moot point now with this watered down lockdown.

598Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:My manager did mention it last week but apparently it costs £200 per VPN and there weren't enough tokens whatever that means?

The token is the authentication between PC and server whether it be via software or like one of those keyfobs or you may use a smart card at work to access it.

599Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I just hope that all staff at the NHS are now able to get the correct protective gear for this situation as a couple of junior doctors were in intensive care I believe.

600Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
ah thanks KP as you know IT is not my strong suit  Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum