Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 50]

601Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Mar 23 2020, 23:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the on the spot fine is £30. Hardly a deterrent.

What about our borders? Are they going to stop the flights coming in from Italy, Iran and China now?

602Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 01:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:So the on the spot fine is £30. Hardly a deterrent.

What about our borders? Are they going to stop the flights coming in from Italy, Iran and China now?
Information from Heathrow suggests that incoming passengers are not being temperature checked, not being quarantined and the official advice for incoming passengers is for the passengers themselves to check the Government's website for instructions (which is still saying self-isolate for seven days FFS!)
Now I won't comment on why the Government aren't doing anything about it unlike the majority of countries, to save a certain someone from having to respond in the usual churlish manner, but I guess you can work it out for yourselves. They surely must act soon though?

603Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 08:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:So the on the spot fine is £30. Hardly a deterrent.

Information from Heathrow suggests that incoming passengers are not being temperature checked, not being quarantined and the official advice for incoming passengers is for the passengers themselves to check the Government's website for instructions (which is still saying self-isolate for seven days FFS!)
Now I won't comment on why the Government aren't doing anything about it unlike the majority of countries, to save a certain someone from having to respond in the usual churlish manner, but I guess you can work it out for yourselves. They surely must act soon though?

You really are pushing your luck now if you want to stay on here.

Karly there are no flights coming in from Italy, China, Iran, etc.

If know-it-all above had bothered to 'think rather than drink' and simply looked on flight arrivals he would see that almost exclusively all the arrivals are from the USA.

The reason for that is no one is traveling and most people on the flights are British nationals simply coming home.

There are a group of flights from Madrid but these will be the specials to bring fellow Brits out of Spain - and I'm sure they will be screened on arrival.

https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals

604Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 09:09

Sluffy wrote:You really are pushing your luck now if you want to stay on here.

If know-it-all above had bothered to 'think rather than drink' and simply looked on flight arrivals he would see that almost exclusively all the arrivals are from the USA.

:facepalm:

605Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 09:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy.

I never thought to check the arrivals online. Very Happy

606Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 09:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Early days yet with all this but as pointed out so far on the Jeremy Vine show it seems that places like Sports Direct, Holland & Barrets, Wickes, coffee shops (for take away only), Post Office's as well as supermarkets.

There still seems a bit of confusion with all this so far at the moment on what can open and what can't.

607Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, please would you leave Lusty to post, and agree a truce.

His comments are valuable even if they don't accord with yours. He is bright and worth reading.

His arguments are reasoned, as are yours. Baiting each other and responding in a hostile way is unnecessary and turns people off.

If both of you were to refrain from even mentioning each other in your posts, but confine yourselves to simply expressing your views for us all to read and absorb, it would be greatly appreciated.

Say it, but without mentioning each other or making thinly veiled references to each other. PLEASE!

This requires your co-operation too, Lusty! 

I hate any abuse on Nuts but enjoy reading most posts otherwise.

608Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A picture says a thousand words...

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 26331046-8145799-image-a-33_1585035296859

609Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Sluffy, please would you leave Lusty to post, and agree a truce.

His comments are valuable even if they don't accord with yours. He is bright and worth reading.

His arguments are reasoned, as are yours. Baiting each other and responding in a hostile way is unnecessary and turns people off.

If both of you were to refrain from even mentioning each other in your posts, but confine yourselves to simply expressing your views for us all to read and absorb, it would be greatly appreciated.

Say it, but without mentioning each other or making thinly veiled references to each other. PLEASE!

This requires your co-operation too, Lusty! 

I hate any abuse on Nuts but enjoy reading most posts otherwise.

No is the simple answer.

I've not founded this site and paid for it out of my own pocket to let someone deliberately bait me.

Would you?

If he doesn't care much for what I post then he can find himself someplace more to his liking.

It's hardly rocket science is it.

The balls in his court.

610Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:28

So he has to put up with your baiting and digs, but you don't? 

FFS grow up and rise above it if you're that bothered. Or carry on with your running battle, I don't mind reading it the odd row keeps things ticking over.

611Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
One form of exercise per day - I can't see how they will control this is someone goes out jogging round the block twice a day for example.

Parks - They should just be shut completely for the time being (Some confusion as Bolton Council has closed all parks anyway)

What will happen to the reduced London underground tube service that has ended up being rammed full of people?

To provide care or help a vulnerable person - How will they know if I am genuinely helping a disabled relative for example? I would think this would be abused to do other stuff.

KP, you can't keep people inside 24 hours a day 7 days a week, it's simply impossible. People have to shop for food, people have to go to the Post Office, pets need feeding etc.

I'm genuinely bothered about your mental health, I really think you should stay off the internet for a couple of weeks.

612Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 10:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:So he has to put up with your baiting and digs, but you don't? 

FFS grow up and rise above it if you're that bothered. Or carry on with your running battle, I don't mind reading it the odd row keeps things ticking over.

I don't go out of my way to start them.

He would have been potted years back on any other footy forum if he decided to take on its owner, probably my fault that I'm too laid back and easy going to be bothered with him (and Bread) that it was allowed to get to the stage it did.

Maybe I'm a bit more thin skinned at the moment with my deep concern about my brother but I've asked him numerous times to show respect and considers others on this thread - yet he simply can't stop himself because of his self-absorbed and utterly selfish attitude and his totally false believe that he's some sort of an expert and infallible about everything.  He's most certainly is not.

If he can't help himself from accepting several perfectly reasonable requests to show respect and understanding for those who have loved ones at risk (particularly on this very thread) - rather than him taking cheap shots at me all the time - then it's better that he leave - voluntary or not.

614Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 11:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wanderlust:
Judging from Sluffy's emotional responses above, it appears that you would have to be "the bigger man" here and continue to share your thought-provoking comments but without reference to the site's creator at any point.

Can you do that?

I hope so because I would miss your analysis of current events if you were to be banned or allow yourself to get banned. (He's evidently under some extra stress at the moment, so a bit of extra kindness from you wouldn't go amiss)

615Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 11:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Wanderlust:
Judging from Sluffy's emotional responses above, it appears that you would have to be "the bigger man" here and continue to share your thought-provoking comments but without reference to the site's creator at any point.

Can you do that?

I hope so because I would miss your analysis of current events if you were to be banned or allow yourself to get banned. (He's evidently under some extra stress at the moment, so a bit of extra kindness from you wouldn't go amiss)

'Bigger man', 'evidently under some extra stress' - are you having a laugh???

I've turned a bit of a blind eye to fake accounts over the years but any more of this type of shite and they'll be gone too.

Comprende?

616Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 12:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:What’s that you said about bitching Glos?  Very Happy
It was these two I was really referring to, to be honest.

617Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 12:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone with a sense of humour...

618Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 13:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just for info, after I went to work after getting my NHS text, but was there only about 10 minutes as they had someone standing in for me. Thats me now confined to the house for 12 weeksToday I received the well-publicised follow-up letter, and I've just had a phone call from the surgery checking on my medication and diabetes. A really impressive service all round.

619Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 13:16

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can I clarify something some think isn't happening. Aircraft are arriving from China, Iran and Italy not as regularly as previous but still a significant number. They may be repatriation flights but nonetheless are the national carriers.
 Similarly the US have restrictions but overnight I was seeing 50 plus aircraft crossing the Atlantic as a continuous stream including BA, Virgin, TUI, AA and quite a few others. As to airport checks, I can't comment.

620Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 31 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 24 2020, 13:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Just for info, after I went to work after getting my NHS text, but was there only about 10 minutes as they had someone standing in for me. Thats me now confined to the house for 12 weeksToday I received the well-publicised follow-up letter, and I've just had a phone call from the surgery checking on my medication and diabetes. A really impressive service all round.

Can't fault the NHS, anyone who keeps you locked up for 12 weeks is ok with me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum