Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Dale Vince appreciation thread

Dale Vince appreciation thread

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
At last i hear you all cry, the thread we have all been waiting for!

Do you have a love for an eccentric football club owner who is a staunch vegan and has questionable fashion sense? Do you love to hear endless tales of his alleged tax dodges - what a cheeky scamp he is.

Well that thread is finally here so knock yourselves out chaps, although i suspect Ten bob is knocking one out to his pictures right about now anyway.

Dale Vince appreciation thread Dale-sat-on-wall

2Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
An award-winning environmentalist and green entrepreneur for more than 25 years, former traveller Dale Vince founded Ecotricity – the world’s first renewable energy company in 1995. From simple beginnings with a single windmill – Ecotricity now powers around 200,000 homes and businesses across Great Britain with 100% green energy from the wind and the sun. In 2010, Dale saved his local football club Forest Green Rovers from bankruptcy – and quickly set about ensuring the club was compatible with his life-long mission, making key changes to the club on and off the pitch. It was the club’s switch to a plant-based menu for players and fans that first generated global media attention for Forest Green Rovers – who reached the English Football League for the first time in 2017. Today, Forest Green Rovers is recognised as the “world’s greenest football club” by the sport’s governing body, and was described at COP23 as the “de-facto standard for sustainability in sport” after winning a UN Momentum for Change award for its environmental work. Dale is now a Climate Champion of the UN’s “Sports for Climate Action” initiative – which aims to bring sporting clubs around the world together with their fans to fight climate change.

3Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No Bruce Forsyth of course, but who is?

4Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
In honour of the great man i suggest we all change our avatars to a picture of the mighty Dale, who's with me?

5Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Come on Ten bob you don't even have an avatar so a pic of your hero is a must. Just pick the one you normally finish over and use that one.

6Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't know who is who on here now with all these Dale Vince avatars. Very Happy

7Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:I don't know who is who on here now with all these Dale Vince avatars. Very Happy
We need a Dale Vince banner. Very Happy

8Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Come on KP change yours, i'm sick of seeing BoJo now!

9Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How's that?

I was tempted to change it to Priti Patel. Very Happy

10Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good man KP  Very Happy

11Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@karlypants wrote:How's that?

If you'd done that you would have have half of this board moaning at you.

12Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 14:50

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@gloswhite wrote:

Only half?

Anyway down yonder in Glos have they not cottoned to the fact that Zerocarbonista is also a zero interesta and a precious little taxista? In other words his company borrows millions and he borrows millions from the company at zero interest.

So what's wrong with that?

13Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Wed Mar 04 2020, 16:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:

Only half?

Anyway down yonder in Glos have they not cottoned to the fact that Zerocarbonista is also a zero interesta and a precious little taxista? In other words his company borrows millions and he borrows millions from the company at zero interest.

So what's wrong with that?
Nothing, apparently.

14Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Thu Mar 05 2020, 12:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I must say i am disappointed with Ten Bob not contributing more to this thread, i thought it would be almost equaling Bonceys personal thread for the number of posts by now.

15Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Thu Mar 05 2020, 12:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I must say i am disappointed with Ten Bob not contributing more to this thread, i thought it would be almost equaling Bonceys personal thread for the number of posts by now.
Maybe Bob needs a personal thread. We could then lock him in it. You never heard me droning on and on about the same person, day after day. Razz

16Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Thu Mar 05 2020, 12:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Norpig wrote:I must say i am disappointed with Ten Bob not contributing more to this thread, i thought it would be almost equaling Bonceys personal thread for the number of posts by now.
Maybe Bob needs a personal thread. We could then lock him in it. You never heard me droning on and on about the same person, day after day. Razz

No but you don't half bang on about your slippers! Laughing

17Dale Vince appreciation thread Empty Re: Dale Vince appreciation thread on Thu Mar 05 2020, 12:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:

No but you don't half bang on about your slippers! Laughing
I'm arranging them in a display case at the moment. I've got some old Brucie pairs that I keep in a vault, but most are suitable for viewing.
I never throw slippers away of course, so when they wear out, they're transferred to the display cases and tagged with date of purchase, duration of wear, and date of retirement.
So many memories.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum