Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genesis

+4
karlypants
boltonbonce
Norpig
Angry Dad
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Genesis Empty Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The we cant walk tour it's on, cant wait to get ripped off by ticketmaster on friday.

2Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely they can't all be skint again? Expect tickets to be well over £100 for this. Not one i'll be going to anyway.

3Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unless Gabriel is on board count me out.

4Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 09:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not, he's on holiday with Dale Vince when the tour starts  Very Happy

5Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 10:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He's not, he's on holiday with Dale Vince when the tour starts  Very Happy
Very Happy They might be planning an album!

6Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 16:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Tickets already on sale early from £200.00 and up, well up.

7Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 17:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arguments are spreading on social media between Peter Gabriel and post Peter Gabriel fans. I'm firmly in the Gabriel camp.
There's also an argument about who were the better band, Genesis or YES.
YES every time for me.

8Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 18:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bonce it's 45 years since PG left a failing unliked Genesis he was domineering and lazy and too bizarre for most (selling england by the pound ) apart they didn't sell well and it was ending. PC as front man was brilliant the fans loved the change ( A Trick of the Tail) was better than anything PG had done and PG went with his wife to see their first show and said they are a better band now they don't need me. They took off big time  as opposed to being finished. Collins vocals are better suited to Genesis, Gabriel changed totaly. I prefer PG solo to PC solo i love his work. As for Yes it just sounds like an orchestra tuning up with a castrated singer in my view an awful racket. I thought the Buggles joining them was a big improvement.

9Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 18:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Bonce it's 45 years since PG left a failing unliked Genesis he was domineering and lazy and too bizarre for most (selling england by the pound ) apart they didn't sell well and it was ending. PC as front man was brilliant the fans loved the change ( A Trick of the Tail) was better than anything PG had done and PG went with his wife to see their first show and said they are a better band now they don't need me. They took off big time  as opposed to being finished. Collins vocals are better suited to Genesis, Gabriel changed totaly. I prefer PG solo to PC solo i love his work. As for Yes it just sounds like an orchestra tuning up with a castrated singer in my view an awful racket. I thought the Buggles joining them was a big improvement.
No.

10Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 18:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do like Peter Gabriel’s own stuff

11Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 19:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I do like Peter Gabriel’s own stuff
Good grief! I'm seeing you in a new light KP.  Very Happy

12Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 19:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Genesis, Mike and the Mechanics (with Paul Carrack), Yes, Rick Wakeman, Peter Gabriel.....seen them all a few times...all brilliant and so talented, musically and lyrically.

Just as special was Joni Mitchell in London....amazing, as was Tori Amos....and Santana.

Best harmonies? The Hollies!! Very under-rated local lads...better without Graham Nash imo....

Honourable mentions:- Suzanne Vega, Janice Ian, Whitesnake, The Nice, E.L.P. Stevie Winwood with Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters

13Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two days ago we came across a street busker who was on a par with some of the superstars: -Rob Berry, playing the blues on a slide guitar, and last year a group called Darren Verne's Blues Band playing purely for enjoyment in a local tavern: if you closed your eyes, you would have sworn you were listening to Cream or Blind Faith.
Joni has a beautiful song about this type of music....called For Free. 

14Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah yes,For Free. Beautiful.

15Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I do like Peter Gabriel’s own stuff
Good grief! I'm seeing you in a new light KP.  Very Happy
How can you not like this song? Very Happy 

16Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:like:

17Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote::like:
Peter Gabriel. He's another one on the Gary Winston Lineker files as I remember. I wonder where the Winston came from.

18Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Wed Mar 04 2020, 20:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Genesis Giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b9c8f7f77e63acde471e65d14240ad8de79cb12b&rid=giphy

19Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Thu Mar 05 2020, 10:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steve Hackett's missus Jo is my neighbour's daughter so I occasionally run into him when they visit and would be surprised if he rejoined given the work he's done over the last 10 years and his thoughts on the band. That said he is doing a "Genesis Revisited" tour this year so he will at least remember what he's supposed to do. Great and very versatile guitarist and a nice bloke BTW.

20Genesis Empty Re: Genesis Fri Mar 06 2020, 16:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum