Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sustainability in Sport

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sustainability in Sport Empty Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 04 2020, 10:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nuts readers might be aware that two of my favourite people are Dale Vince and Gary Neville.

So imagine how thrilled I was to discover that the two of them had joined together to form the Sustainability in Sport Foundation in 2012.

It hasn't managed to do very much yet but at least, in their own separate ways, they have both been trying. Forest Green Rovers has only lost £13.5m so far and Salford City £5.6m.

In fairness, Salford hasn't been going as long and FGR wouldn't have lost quite so much if Ken Anderson had come up with that million quid when he said he would. 'You just can't trust some people', said Dale.

2Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sun Apr 05 2020, 15:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just having a bit of a browse this afty and came across this:

Top and bottom of the ratings

Citizens Advice's energy star ratings test firms on a range of customer service factors, rather than price. The idea is to test whether customers get accurate bills, and swift resolution if something goes wrong.
The charity argues that the results should be considered alongside any deals being offered when customers search for a supplier via a price comparison website.
The top five in the ratings for June to September were:

• Breeze Energy
  • So Energy
  • EDF Energy
  • Octopus Energy
  • SSE

The bottom five (listed below from the worst upwards) were:

• Nabuh Energy
  • Utilita
  • Green Star Energy
  • Outfox the Market
  • Ecotricity

3Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 09:04

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone interested can find more recent Citizens Advice ratings here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/supplier-performance/energy-supplier-performance/compare-domestic-energy-suppliers-customer-service/

Mrs Dale's beloved was on't Beeb the other day. Anyone see it?

Was he asked about Ecotricity's losses, lousy ratings or whose money was actually funding his 'vanity projects', like Forest Green Rovers?

4Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 09:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're with Octopus. How they get British Gas on the same rating is beyond me. We used to be with BG, and they're diabolical.

5Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 09:45

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:We're with Octopus. How they get British Gas on the same rating is beyond me. We used to be with BG, and they're diabolical.
They give equal weight to each of their five criteria but ease or difficulty of contact will, I suspect, be the most frustrating factor for the largest number of people.

Big players, British Gas and SSE score poorly on that whilst Octopus scores quite well.

6Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 09:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone recognise where this place is and why it was necessary for these people to travel to it and meet up on Wednesday?

Does ''Good to chat to the BBC about what’s going on at
@FGRFC_Official and @ecotricity ''

trump every other consideration during the COVID -19 crisis?

Sustainability in Sport EVFnLa8UEAMjEQj?format=jpg&name=small

7Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 11:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about time he bought himself a decent pair of pants.

8Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 11:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were with BG and I am sure they actually owe me money due to a descrepency between 2 bills.

We have been with Bulb for about 12 months now who have been fantastic so far.

9Sustainability in Sport Empty Re: Sustainability in Sport Sat Apr 11 2020, 12:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:It's about time he bought himself a decent pair of pants.
Be fair, Boncey. When did you get by on a measly million quid a year?

I blame No Ken Do but don't you think the new ST board should show a bit of gratitude and

see if they can't club together and buy Dale a nice suit like this young man in Tiggis?

Sustainability in Sport 4743067?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

I'm getting rather worried about Mrs Dale. She seems to have become almost as invisible as Mrs Mainwaring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum