Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lowe: Wanderers players will stay "ready as they can" for football's return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jason Lowe says the Wanderers squad is doing what it can to keep fitness and spirits up during the lockdown.

Now 25 days since the club’s last competitive match at Burton Albion and three weeks since the last training session at Lostock, the Whites squad have had to maintain a level of preparedness whilst working from home ever since.

Lowe admits he has found the lack of structure difficult but says there is an incentive to stay professional, even with the EFL announcing yesterday they would not bring football back until it is safe to do so.

“It’s been the case that they could snap their fingers and have us back in the next day, so we have had to be as ready as we can be,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think any sportsman knows you have got to look after your body because it’s your earner. It wouldn’t be wise to switch off and though there are a lot more important things happening in the world than football, it will start up again some time and there will be a career you have to continue.

“But the lads know what is required of them and we’ve been doing running sessions, circuits, leg sessions, bikes, bit of weights. All that gets fired into the group and we’re keeping each other motivated that way.” More than a dozen Wanderers players, including Lowe, are out of contract in the summer.

The midfielder says any uncertainty over his own future has now been put on the backburner.

“Nobody knows,” he said. “There’s no use banging the drum and asking questions because we don’t know how long this scenario will continue.

“I think right now you accept the situation for what it is and follow the guidelines, stay safe. After that we can get back to football and talking about football matters.”

Lowe says manager Keith Hill and David Flitcroft have also been trying to keep the squad upbeat in trying times.

“I have had a few chats with the manager and Flicker and they have given us updates whenever they can,” he said. “Like I say, there’s only so much anyone knows. It is about keeping up communication and making sure everyone is okay more than anything.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum