Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » ebay fever

ebay fever

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ebay fever Empty ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:12 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Being stuck inside means I'm drifting into old ebay habits. Namely, buying watches. I don't mean your high end watches that can cost more than a car, but reasonably priced jobs. I think the most I've ever paid is £600.
I've not bought a watch for a couple of years because, after all, you can only really wear one at a time, and it seemed a pointless expense.
However, the fever is upon me, and I've been looking at a couple of Russian Sturmanskie watches, and hovering over the keyboard. I've resisted so far, but can I last the weekend.
Any of you lot have an ebay habit?

2ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:08 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Get an Apple Watch, customise the face, you can have a new one every day

3ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:16 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Get an Apple Watch, customise the face, you can have a new one every day
Hate Apple watches. They have no soul. Smile

4ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:21 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Don't look at the slippers...don't look at the slippers...don't look at the slippers.

Wonder what Nat buys?

5ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:25 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
4XL pants due to her huge addiction to Pepsi and twirls.

6ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:4XL pants due to her huge addiction to Pepsi and twirls.

You massive gobshite, I've been a size 8 all my life.

People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I achieved this body.

7ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:57 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@karlypants wrote:4XL pants due to her huge addiction to Pepsi and twirls.

You massive gobshite, I've been a size 8 all my life.

People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I achieved this body.
They're usually morticians.

8ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:04 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

9ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
£600 for a watch?

No wonder you have been banished to the garden shed.

I recently bought a £65 Citizen watch that doesn't need batteries, just works from natural light.

Thus saving the hastle  and cost of replacing batteries.

10ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well I saved even £65 as I don’t have a watch.

I just use the clock on my phone! Razz

11ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:Well I saved even £65 as I don’t have a watch.

I just use the clock on my phone! Razz
SMARTYPANTS!!!!

12ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:09 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Well I saved even £65 as I don’t have a watch.

I just use the clock on my phone! Razz
SMARTYPANTS!!!!

Very Happy

13ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:£600 for a watch?

No wonder you have been banished to the garden shed.

I recently bought a £65 Citizen watch that doesn't need batteries, just works from natural light.

Thus saving the hastle  and cost of replacing batteries.
I've got two of them. Very good watches. As I say, £600 was a rare expense. My brother won't wear a watch, and certainly wouldn't pay more than ten quid for one.

14ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i always look for old Bolton shirts and New order/Factory records memorabilia. Bought an old New Order poster years ago and got it framed recently. I was looking online and the same poster i have is now going for £600-£800!
Also bought an original matchwinner Normid third kit (pale blue one) years ago that is still my pride and joy and comes out for matches occasionally.

ebay fever 20190710

15ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:i always look for old Bolton shirts and New order/Factory records memorabilia. Bought an old New Order poster years ago and got it framed recently. I was looking online and the same poster i have is now going for £600-£800!
Also bought an original matchwinner Normid third kit (pale blue one) years ago that is still my pride and joy and comes out for matches occasionally.

ebay fever 20190710
I'm a bit of a shirt collector too. Did collect movie posters for a while but gave them away. Probably worth a few bob now.

16ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:09 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Around 13-14 years ago I got a bit carried away collecting BWFC badges. The majority of them were purchased on ebay so I spent way too much time on there. I even bought a ceramic pig trotter with the a Bolton crest on it. I'll post some pictures of my badge collection on here one day but they're currently in storage somewhere in New Jersey since our move back to New York.

Bonce, I have a Sturmanskie watch which is probably in storage too. I haven't worn a watch in years though.

Here's a pic of the trotter:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/crested-china-pigs-trotter-bolton-245821331

17ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:44 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice trotter Fin. It's probably breakable, so of no use to a clumsy clot like me. I've got quite a few Wanderers badges, although it was never my intention to search them out for collection.
I did decide to collect the pin badge of every league club for my niece's two lads, but I'm sorry I've started. Got half way there so far, and it's costing me a bloody fortune.

18ebay fever Empty Re: ebay fever on Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@finlaymcdanger wrote:Around 13-14 years ago I got a bit carried away collecting BWFC badges. The majority of them were purchased on ebay so I spent way too much time on there. I even bought a ceramic pig trotter with the a Bolton crest on it. I'll post some pictures of my badge collection on here one day but they're currently in storage somewhere in New Jersey since our move back to New York.

Bonce, I have a Sturmanskie watch which is probably in storage too. I haven't worn a watch in years though.

Here's a pic of the trotter:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/crested-china-pigs-trotter-bolton-245821331
I remember happy times in J Reads the book shop in Newport Street, spending my book tokens back in the fifties.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum