Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+15
MartinBWFC
karlypants
T.R.O.Y.
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
sunlight
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 34]

511Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jan 21 2021, 09:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:My direct debit to SKY went through last week reduced from £81 per month to £27 after ditching SKY Sports. The coverage continues for 31 days after cancellation so Lady Bobsworth and I ended up watching ten minutes of the Scum V Scouse match t'other day before getting bored to tears.

Such a shame I missed the taking of the knee at the start. Its another of my favourite things. I'm really going to miss it.
Some people don't like taking a knee. I used to piss people off at the Free Trade Hall by not standing for the National Anthem, which was played before the start of every concert by The Halle Orchestra.

512Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jan 21 2021, 22:14

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.  Could chav wear be going out of fashion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55739401

513Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jan 22 2021, 07:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Oh dear, how sad, never mind.  Could chav wear be going out of fashion?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55739401
Who cares? Not me. I look good in anything.

514Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jan 23 2021, 09:48

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Who cares? Not me. I look good in anything.
Beauty's only skin deep, Boncey.

But what do you think of Auntie Beeb saying physics teachers are 'grumpy, scary and smell of cabbage'?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9177205/Scientist-blasts-BBC-presenter-said-physics-teachers-grumpy-scary-smell-cabbage.html#newcomment

515Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jan 23 2021, 10:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Beauty's only skin deep, Boncey.

But what do you think of Auntie Beeb saying physics teachers are 'grumpy, scary and smell of cabbage'?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9177205/Scientist-blasts-BBC-presenter-said-physics-teachers-grumpy-scary-smell-cabbage.html#newcomment
All my teachers were like that. As usual, The Mail getting its knickers in a twist over nothing.

516Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jan 23 2021, 10:30

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
All my teachers were like that. As usual, The Mail getting its knickers in a twist over nothing.
Your teachers were like The Temptations in their white dancing suits? Still it didn't do you any harm, did it Boncey?

517Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jan 23 2021, 10:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Your teachers were like The Temptations in their white dancing suits? Still it didn't do you any harm, did it Boncey?
Our headmaster, Otis Redding, was quite liberal compared to most.

518Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jan 23 2021, 11:00

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Our headmaster, Otis Redding, was quite liberal compared to most.
That explains a lot, Boncey. Liberal headmaster? Headmasters need to be made of sterner stuff.

519Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 09:06

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
The gang of Guardianista's  that dominate Nuts remind me of the Gulag. They'd have you in forced labour camps in an instant for presenting facts that don't fit in with their prejudices. 

Chris Whitty better watch his step. There are more of them than there are on Nuts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9180103/Chris-Whittys-fury-Guardian-total-nonsense-claim-Pfizer-vaccine-33-effective.html

520Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 11:52

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Heaven only knows why Vivienne Westwood would be trying to sell these to me but I do know a couple of coves who might go for them.

Vince Watch - Page 18 9000W38_0086_1

521Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 12:34

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:The gang of Guardianista's  that dominate Nuts remind me of the Gulag. They'd have you in forced labour camps in an instant for presenting facts that don't fit in with their prejudices. 

Chris Whitty better watch his step. There are more of them than there are on Nuts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9180103/Chris-Whittys-fury-Guardian-total-nonsense-claim-Pfizer-vaccine-33-effective.html

The Guardian reported an Israeli physician’s comments on the efficacy of the vaccine - so it’s not their claim. Not that you’d know that from just reading the Mail’s headline, i would have thought someone who claims to have an eye for detail would pick up on that Bob? 

Its important to look beyond headlines and check facts, especially if your source is the Mail.

522Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 12:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:

The Guardian reported an Israeli physician’s comments on the efficacy of the vaccine - so it’s not their claim. Not that you’d know that from just reading the Mail’s headline, i would have thought someone who claims to have an eye for detail would pick up on that Bob? 

Its important to look beyond headlines and check facts, especially if your source is the Mail.
The Mail is passable, although I use Andrex when available.

523Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 12:51

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
The Mail is passable, although I use Andrex when available.
How about the pirate boots, Boncey? Doncha think you'd look great in them? They are a snip at £460 or would you rather watch BWFC on iFollow for a season?

I expect DV might get a pair at mates rates as he seems quite pally with Ms. Westwood.

524Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 12:53

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
How about the pirate boots, Boncey? Doncha think you'd look great in them? They are a snip at £460 or would you rather watch BWFC on iFollow for a season?

I expect DV might get a pair at mates rates as he seems quite pally with Ms. Westwood.

Laughing

Desperate to move the conversation on, never change Bob.

525Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 12:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Wycombe boss might like them too.

526Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 13:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:The gang of Guardianista's  that dominate Nuts remind me of the Gulag. They'd have you in forced labour camps in an instant for presenting facts that don't fit in with their prejudices. 

To throw it back to you, perhaps YOU should look behind headlines and check facts even if your source is the Guardian.

Seems you are having a pop at Bob for not fact checking when you've not done any yourself.

The mail did report the story as coming from Dr Ash, the Mail DIDN'T claim it was their exclusive findings.  I'm sure the Guardian could quite easily have found the article below and included its comments for balance it to 'their' article if they had wanted to.

This was published two days BEFORE the Guardian article,

JANUARY 20, 2021
Expert reaction to media reports of study results from Israel and comments made by Prof Nachman Ash, Israel’s coronavirus tsar, about the efficacy of a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

There have been media reports of results from a serological study conducted at Israel’s Sheba Medical Centre suggesting Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may prevent COVID-19 transmission, and comments made by Prof Nachman Ash suggesting a single dose of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine appeared “less effective than we had thought”.

Prof Stephen Evans, Professor of Pharmacoepidemiology, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said:

“It is vital that advice and policy take into account the latest available data. However the reports that have come from Israel are insufficient to provide any evidence that the current UK policy in regard to delaying the second dose of vaccines is in any way incorrect.

“The reported efficacy of one dose has not been compared using the same methods and patients with the efficacy of two doses at 84 days. The details of the different studies have only been released, it seems, at a press conference the reasons for which are unclear. There is a need for at least a preprint giving the detailed methods and data to understand and interpret these findings. This applies especially to the reported value of 33% efficacy from the Clalit-based study. This study seems to have been registered at Clinicaltrials.gov on 14th January, though it should be emphasised it is not a randomised trial.

“It is not sensible to compare efficacy derived from an observational study of this type which is subject to many biases, with the efficacy derived from randomised trials.

“It is also important to recognise that efficacy against detected COVID-19 may be less important in the UK context then efficacy against hospitalisation and death. It was suggested from the randomised trials that efficacy against hospitalisation was greater than that against detected COVID-19 cases.

“The UK will soon have its own data showing efficacy after the first dose for the different vaccines currently in use and any policy changes should await more robust data. If for example the efficacy after one dose was 33% but the efficacy after two doses was 60% the UK policy would still be justified. Similar arguments apply in relation to efficacy against serious disease.”

Declared interests

Prof Stephen Evans: “No conflicts of interest.  I am funded (one day per week) by LSHTM.  They get funding from various companies, including Astra Zeneca and GSK but I am not funded by them, I have no involvement in obtaining funding from them and I am not an investigator on any grants obtained from them.  I am the statistician to the ‘meta-Data Safety and Monitoring Board’ for CEPI.  I am paid for my attendance at those meetings and will be paid expenses for travel if that occurs.  I am a participant in the Oxford/Astra Zeneca trial, and on 13th January 2021 learnt I had received the active vaccine”

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-media-reports-of-study-results-from-israel-and-comments-made-by-prof-nachman-ash-israels-coronavirus-tsar-about-the-efficacy-of-a-single-dose-of-the-pfizer-vaccine/

527Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Laughing

Desperate to move the conversation on, never change Bob.

If I recall correctly I think he has previously mentioned that he had 'blocked' you so may well not have seen your posts for him to respond to.

528Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 13:56

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Oh god here he is. 

The Mail’s headline is the issue Sluffy, as you’d know if you read my post. It attributes the claim to the Guardian - all Bob had to do is read the full article to understand it is not the Guardian’s claim at all.

And Bob can see my posts fine, he responds to the ones he wants to. Why you’re speaking for him is another matter.

529Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 14:29

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

If I recall correctly I think he has previously mentioned that he had 'blocked' you so may well not have seen your posts for him to respond to.

No, Sluffy, I've blocked no-one but T.R.O.Y. is ALWAYS simply a waste of time and effort. Life's too short.

530Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 22:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Oh god here he is. 

The Mail’s headline is the issue Sluffy, as you’d know if you read my post. It attributes the claim to the Guardian - all Bob had to do is read the full article to understand it is not the Guardian’s claim at all.

And Bob can see my posts fine, he responds to the ones he wants to. Why you’re speaking for him is another matter.

Bob's big enough to speak for himself.

I had thought wrongly he had blocked you and as I'm in the queue for getting the jab I do have a personal interest in the story.

I thought by quoting you in my reply it would allow Bob to see your comments particularly as you had started to take the piss out of him for not replying.

For what it is worth, and reading the story a second time, I again believe the Daily Mail was correct in it's headline and that you didn't read the article but instead jumped to your own conclusion as to what you thought it was saying/going to say.

If you actually read the article the story is about the newspaper industry having an agreed 'press standard' whose body is to stop 'fake' news being published in the papers.  The Guardian has NOT signed up to the agreement unlike most other news agencies.

That's why a story from one particular professor - which was instantly backpaddled by his own government - was NOT carried in any other UK paper and why Whitty was furious at the Guardian for publishing, at best, a non peer tested report that isn't even supported by the professors own country!

The story isn't about the Professor per se as you clearly thought but about the Guardian posting in effect 'fake'/inaccurate news, which is potentially dangerous to anyone believing the story and refusing the jab because of it.

Fwiw Whitty and Van-Tam are the two people who I do trust what they say in respect of the pandemic.

531Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jan 24 2021, 23:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

No, Sluffy, I've blocked no-one but T.R.O.Y. is ALWAYS simply a waste of time and effort. Life's too short.

Life is too short, I agree, I know only too well having had a close family member just returned home from hospital this week.

T.R.O.Y. can be an exceptionally good forum contributor if he wants to be but he chooses not to for much of the time he spends on here.

His choice but I can understand full well why you and probably others consider responding to him a waste of time and effort.

I can't blame you having that view either.

The forum seems to be getting back a little bit to its former self in the last week or two, so maybe if he decides to join in the recent goodwill then perhaps you could spare him a bit of time and your effort be not wasted towards him from now on.

The more jaw, jaw we do and the less war, war - then the better the forum becomes again and more enjoyable it is for all of us.

Worth a try by all of us surely?

532Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 09:59

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Fwiw Whitty and Van-Tam are the two people who I do trust what they say in respect of the pandemic.
They are also the two I'd trust most, Sluffy.

533Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:21

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

Bob's big enough to speak for himself.

I had thought wrongly he had blocked you and as I'm in the queue for getting the jab I do have a personal interest in the story.

I thought by quoting you in my reply it would allow Bob to see your comments particularly as you had started to take the piss out of him for not replying.

For what it is worth, and reading the story a second time, I again believe the Daily Mail was correct in it's headline and that you didn't read the article but instead jumped to your own conclusion as to what you thought it was saying/going to say.

If you actually read the article the story is about the newspaper industry having an agreed 'press standard' whose body is to stop 'fake' news being published in the papers.  The Guardian has NOT signed up to the agreement unlike most other news agencies.

That's why a story from one particular professor - which was instantly backpaddled by his own government - was NOT carried in any other UK paper and why Whitty was furious at the Guardian for publishing, at best, a non peer tested report that isn't even supported by the professors own country!

The story isn't about the Professor per se as you clearly thought but about the Guardian posting in effect 'fake'/inaccurate news, which is potentially dangerous to anyone believing the story and refusing the jab because of it.

The Mails headline attributed the claim to the Guardian. On reading both article's that's quickly clear it's not the case. So Bob's allegation based on the Mail's headline was flawed. 

It's been made abundantly clear by many posters on here that nobody wants to read your endless arguments. I am more than happy to break things down more for you again over PM if you like though.

534Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:23

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
When the Rags win

And the Whites lose

And its like a curse

I simply remember my favourite things

And then it all feels

Much  worse.

Despite the fact that the Wanderers have close to the worst team in my lifetime and the Rags could 
possibly win the double, there's always a silver lining. I got an email from the ST last night inviting 
questions for their AGM.

You could say that my cup runneth over but maybe it is time somebody else asked Terrence Rigby what made him think he was a better judge of 'credible business plans' than qualified accountants and successful businessmen like Eddie Davies and Trevor Birch and how he was able to figure it all out without knowing how much it costs to run BWFC or any football club.

Vince Watch - Page 18 Icon_user_profile  Vince Watch - Page 18 Icon_contact_pm

535Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 17:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Devil's Kitchen. Come on in Bob. Help yourself to a cucumber. 

https://blog.ocado.com/community/welcome-to-ocado-devils-kitchen/

536Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 17:39

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:The Devil's Kitchen. Come on in Bob. Help yourself to a cucumber. 

https://blog.ocado.com/community/welcome-to-ocado-devils-kitchen/
I'll have a million quid's worth and pay for it after Christmas. I'm bound to have the money by then because I buy a lottery ticket every week without fail.

537Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 18:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I'll have a million quid's worth and pay for it after Christmas. I'm bound to have the money by then because I buy a lottery ticket every week without fail.
Seems a tad over the top, Bob. Storage would surely be a problem.

I'm sure you could find room for one, but what about the rest of them. Hold on to your money.

538Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 22:33

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Seems a tad over the top, Bob. Storage would surely be a problem.

I'm sure you could find room for one, but what about the rest of them. Hold on to your money.
What money? I'm only going to pay for it when I win the lottery and if I don't Cousin Vinny can have it all back. I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it all in the meantime.

539Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jan 25 2021, 23:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
What money? I'm only going to pay for it when I win the lottery and if I don't Cousin Vinny can have it all back. I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it all in the meantime.
Nat will take them off your hands. They're versatile, and don't need batteries.

540Vince Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Jan 26 2021, 08:30

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Spare a thought today for 'once a blue always a blue', Wayne Rooney. If it wasn't bad enough his missus, Wagatha, spending their modest savings on lawyers bills he's now having to forgo, for the timebeing, some of the £90K per week Derby County have agreed to pay him. How is he going to manage?

Wayne was another keen investor in the film industry schemes so much admired by HMRC and has interests in a couple of property companies along with a former manager of BWFC. Neither seem  to have done awfully well, the property companes, I mean. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9185965/Wayne-Rooney-defers-portion-wages-help-Derby-cash-crisis.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum