Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+14
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
sunlight
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

81Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:25

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When they do a good bowl they always shout " good wood! ", which I thought vulgar.

82Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:24

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Much obliged Bob. It stands as a grotesque condemnation of a wasted life. Very Happy  

Has to be better than bowls though. Shoot me if I ever start rolling a cannonball so that I can mince along after it
shouting 'Stop,Stop'.
You could be missing out on a lot of fun, Bonsey
http://www.valebowlingclub.co.uk/bowling_club_humour.htm
And don't forget the Chic Murray link

83Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You could be missing out on a lot of fun, Bonsey
http://www.valebowlingclub.co.uk/bowling_club_humour.htm
And don't forget the Chic Murray link
Ah, the wonderful Chic Murray.

Anyone looking for a funny read will love this. It's hilarious.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nags-Numbnuts-Daddys-Horses-People/dp/1916431704/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=from+nags+to+numbnuts&qid=1603809014&s=books&sr=1-1

84Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 14:57

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Ah, the wonderful Chic Murray.

Anyone looking for a funny read will love this. It's hilarious.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nags-Numbnuts-Daddys-Horses-People/dp/1916431704/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=from+nags+to+numbnuts&qid=1603809014&s=books&sr=1-1
How did Bob know you liked Chic Murray? One of the great mysteries of our time.

85Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

86Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed. Very Happy

87Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Oct 27 2020, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
How did Bob know you liked Chic Murray? One of the great mysteries of our time.
I suppose some people have the gift.

88Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 00:47

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:There was this from the Guardian's Conn character the other day:

Rashford came from a poor background, became a successful footballer and is now trying to help kids who grew up like him Rashford has never forgotten his roots and he the example he is setting is priceless..

So Rashford comes from a poor background and thinks that school meals provision should be extended and improved. I agree with him but I'm not quite seeing what selflessness he's shown, what sacrifices he's made or what exactly is priceless.

He may have done more than I know but there does seem to me to be a monumental appetite for media hype with government and MPs expected to dance to its tune or face a backlash.

If Saint Marcus had donated some of the money he'd saved by paying minimal tax on his image rights, it would set him apart but there's a price on that. About £250K p.a. would do it and he'd still be left with £millions.

Btw Franny Lee gave quite a bit of cash to Bolton Lads and Girls Club iirc.

Jesus wept !!
 Are you really trying to say that Rashford is doing all this just to get an extra 5k per week on his image rights. Give your head a wobble man, what's an extra 250k a year mean to a premier league MUFC & England striker.

89Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 07:37

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:

Jesus wept !!
 Are you really trying to say that Rashford is doing all this just to get an extra 5k per week on his image rights. Give your head a wobble man, what's an extra 250k a year mean to a premier league MUFC & England striker.
Can you really not grasp it?

Don't you think that Rashford has PR people behind him whose role is to promote his image and cash in on it or do you think he does it all on his own? They've been really good at it raising the best part of £1.5m p.a. and creating a cash mountain in MUCS Enterprises with the company paying only 19% in tax.

Now if Saint Marcus was as generous and public-spirited as a gullible or prejudiced media would like us to believe he is, he could have used some of that money to support Manchester foodbanks or other local charities. It doesn't look like he has done that and that accumulating wealth is the big priority.

As for the Guardian's Conn who 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account', do us all a favour, pal.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu May 13 2021, 08:54; edited 1 time in total

90Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You've Been Conned.

The Guardian's David Conn 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account'. Does he really? I've just been doing a bit of delving of my own and had a quick look at the accounts of the nearest foodbank to Wythenshawe.

Only took a couple of minutes but its the Burnage Foodbank, is supported by the Trussell Trust and had total income in its last financial year of, wait for it,  £15,121.

I couldn't find any mention of Marcus Rashford surprisingly.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu May 13 2021, 08:55; edited 1 time in total

91Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 08:59

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't get me started again on the amount of tax Cousin Vinny's doidged.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu May 13 2021, 08:58; edited 1 time in total

92Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 09:26

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Can you really not grasp it?

Don't you think that Rashford has PR people behind him whose role is to promote his image and cash in on it or do you think he does it all on his own? They've been really good at it raising the best part of £1.5m p.a. and creating a cash mountain in MUCS Enterprises with the company paying only 19% in tax.

Now if Saint Marcus was as generous and public-spirited as a gullible or prejudiced media would like us to believe he is, he could have used some of that money to support Manchester foodbanks or other local charities. It doesn't look like he has done and that dodging tax on the money he has taken out, whilst accumulating wealth, are a bigger priority.

As for the Guardian's Conn who 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account', do us all a favour, pal.

Welcome back Bob, just so I fully understand.

You say ‘Rashford pays ‘only 19%’ but that’s the rate of corporation tax set by the gov no? 

So is your issue here that you don’t think individuals should be allowed to earn their money through a limited company and avoid personal tax thresholds?

93Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 10:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:You've Been Conned.

The Guardian's David Conn 'delves beyond the glitzy veneer of modern football to hold the games gilded elite to account'. Does he really? I've just been doing a bit of delving of my own and had a quick look at the accounts of the nearest foodbank to Wythenshawe.

Only took a couple of minutes but its the Burnage Foodbank, is supported by the Trussell Trust and had total income in its last financial year of, wait for it,  £15,121.

I couldn't find any mention of Marcus Rashford surprisingly.

Next I think a bit of delving into the interest-free loan in MUCS  Enterprises  wouldn't go amiss. Lets see how much tax has been dodged so far on that. At least twenty-five times £15K at a quick guess.
Do some proper research nine bob eh? 

https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/

94Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 10:13

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

March 2020? A bit late on the scene if you ask me but defo a 'not to be missed' PR opportunity.

'the system was not built for families like mine to succeed, regardless of how hard my mum worked, says multi-millionaire Marcus.'

He wouldn't be frustrated because he wants to be Prime Minister, would he?

95Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why does Bob always avoid TROY's questions?

96Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 11:31

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fareshare's  been going for ten years with no mention, so far as I know, of Marcus Rashford as a supporter, donor or anything else so it was a bit of a smart move and PR coup for both when they got him signed up as a  sleb supporter in March 2020. Not much to do with Saint Marcus's long-standing commitment and reputation for helping the hungry of Wythenshawe, if you ask me?

Anyway it looks like the poor under-privileged kid's got a new string to his bow, just in case like:

MUCS Developments Ltd hasn't filed any accounts yet but watch this space when it does.

97Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 11:42

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why does Bob always avoid TROY's questions?

Ignorance is bliss.

98Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 12:01

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why does Bob always avoid TROY's questions?
In case you hadn't noticed Natasha, T.R.O.Y. goes round and round in circles. I have actually answered his most recent circular effort before but, as you admit that you haven't learned anything, you possibly didn't grasp it.

99Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 12:25

You haven’t answered it, you’ve made vague accusations about how much tax you think he should pay but given no justification for why you think that. My question is there to help you get to the point and end this constant dancing around the topic where you waste post after post and don’t say anything new.

100Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Oct 28 2020, 13:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think Bob's point is that Rashford could have quietly supported free school meals in his area without any cost to himself as such from the difference between what his 'image rights' company is 'loaning' to him (based on 19% corporation tax) and the personal tax rate he would (morally should maybe?) of 40% (might even be 45% on his earnings).

All this could have been him giving something back without the need to be publicised or for him seen by many/most even, to be some morally decent human being.

I'm not saying he's not, nor that his intentions aren't noble, I'm sure they are but he's been made out to be some moral crusader against the government whilst all Bob is doing is pointing out that at the same time he is being put on a pedestal he is actively avoiding paying tax - in a not dissimilar fashion that companies like Google, Starbucks, Amazon, Apple, etc, have been doing and although being entirely legal is seen as distasteful and immoral by many such as Hip Priest tried to take me to task over on post 60 of this very thread.

I don't doubt it is more Rashford's 'advisors' than the youngster himself, who are behind his tax 'schemes' and his nationally high profile image over free school meals but it certainly won't hurt them or Rashford in a lucrative financial way in him becoming a national hero will it?

Sounds to me Rashford is a decent bloke and if so then fair play to him.

Maybe though until the the likes of himself, Vince, Linaker, etc are without 'sin' (maybe by not actively avoiding paying their full tax when they are well able to pay it in the first place?) than perhaps they shouldn't be casting stones at others?

And that is why I believe Bob has issues with these 'celebs' as he calls them.

Fwiw I can see his point.

Can't others?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum