Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

871Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 12:27

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Undermines your valid questions around tax avoidance by blindly criticising everything Vince does Bob. Running an eco friendly football club is to be applauded really.

872Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 12:59

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Thank you, Boncey. Zaha Hadid would obviously take every precaution to try to reduce the combustibility of a combustible material that a client insisted was used in any structure. There would be a cost to that and its unlikely to be insignificant.

The point about Vince is that its not his money. He owns a business that loses loadsamoney, a football club that looses loadsamoney and he takes out loadsamoney for himself, seemingly avoiding loadsatax in the process.

All that may be fine with lefties but it doesn't impress me, I'm afraid.

Still no news on Tom Cowling's departure from Vincetopia, I see

873Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 14:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not his money. I'm with you.

Whose money did the government use to bail out the banks?

874Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 14:44

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Not his money. I'm with you.

Whose money did the government use to bail out the banks?
The taxpayers, Boncey. I trust you're not implying that the government should use taxpayers money to bail out Forest Green Rovers and Ecotricity.

875Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 16:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
The taxpayers, Boncey. I trust you're not implying that the government should use taxpayers money to bail out Forest Green Rovers and Ecotricity.
No. If his business fails it goes under. Same should happen to banks.

876Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 22:07

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
No. If his business fails it goes under. Same should happen to banks.
I'm no spokesperson for the banks, Boncey, but there are businesses that struggle, despite their owners best efforts. I'm not in favour of bailing out charlatans or lame ducks but it seems to me to be in the public interest that viable businesses are helped through difficult periods. e.g. COVID.

Would I include Ecotricity or FGR in that category? I don't think so.

877Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Apr 06 2021, 22:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If banks are too big to fail, they're too big to exist.

I might need a bigger mattress.

878Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 07:51

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Apparently this lady, who appeared before Cheltenham Magistrates yesterday charged with criminal damage, was one of Ecotricity's special guests at WOMAD 2019. Who also were Vince's special guests? Some person from the Beeb called Sheila Dillon and Channel 4's Jon Snow.

Vince Watch - Page 30 12480868

Say no more!!!!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

P.S. Snow's just become a father at the age of  73  No No No No No

879Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 08:57

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Vince Watch - Page 30 167472350_2958225957757210_8463529982257057945_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2DgXjDiddaYAX8blwb2&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-3

880Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 09:07

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Interesting signpost for food lovers at the excellent Bay Horse Inn. Sorry, Boncey, not much use to vegans but cheese as far as the eye can see.

Vince Watch - Page 30 Ex-VLh5XIAEIQvp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

881Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 09:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I used to work with a bloke who liked that cheese in a tube. Tried it once, and it was disgusting.

However, my battle against cheese continues. I'm winning, but I fear it will be a pyrrhic victory. Vince Watch - Page 30 1f615

882Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 10:48

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I used to work with a bloke who liked that cheese in a tube. Tried it once, and it was disgusting.

However, my battle against cheese continues. I'm winning, but I fear it will be a pyrrhic victory. Vince Watch - Page 30 1f615
Each to their own, Boncey.

The signpost suggests that Craig, at the Bay Horse Inn, gets his veggies from Oliver Kay in Bolton. It doesn't look like he will be doing that when he re-opens next week (beer garden only). 

I wonder if the picture of Stanley Matthews and the '53 Cup Final will still be in the bar. Craig's dad was a Blackpool supporter, I learned on my first visit many moons ago.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/wholesalers/bidfood-sheds-500-jobs-and-closes-five-depots-as-result-of-coronavirus/649153.article

883Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 07 2021, 14:39

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Interesting little video for rail buffs.

884Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 08:34

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
"Not many people have asked if I'm OK", said Ms Markle, eyelashes all of a flutter.

Not many people can turn it on like Ms Markle but there seem to be no shortage of dopes that will fall for it hook, line and sinker. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9444869/Prince-William-ends-20-year-friendship-ITVs-Tom-Bradby.html

No names no pack drill but its always worth remembering that those who seem quick at 'turning it on' are, more often than not, just as quick at 'turning it off'.

885Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 09:09

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Don't know why dipshits like you care so much Bob, seems Daily Mail dictates everything you think.

886Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 09:54

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
My Sainsbury's delivery man yesterday was wearing a Citeh hat.

"Do you come from Manchester?" I asked.

"No, I've always supported City because my dad supported United", he said.

Two sides of the same coin I began to think as he continued on in much the same fashion any greedy glory-hunting Rag would.

Still no sign of MUCS Enterprises 2020 accounts at Companies House. Saint Marcus seems to be taking full advantage of the extended filing time limits provided to assist companies hit by COVID.

COVID doesn't seem to have stopped PNE getting their accounts audited and filed though. Their 2020 accounts, made up to a later date than MUCS, were filed last month. Interesting to compare their financials and the support they receive from billionaire, Trevor Hemmings, with Andy Gartside's 'pragmatic ambition'.

It costs quite a bit to finance a mid-table Championship club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/14563811/grand-national-cloth-cap-owner-trevor-hemmings/
Vince Watch - Page 30 NINTCHDBPICT000486272045

887Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 11:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Don't know why dipshits like you care so much Bob, seems Daily Mail dictates everything you think.

Well the Daily Mail seems to dictate how the Daily Mirror and its 'dipshit' readers and the Times and their 'dipshit' readers, The Sun and all its 'dipshit' readers, etc, etc, think too...

It's in all the papers for goodness sake!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tom+bradby&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi96v-RsO7vAhUpURUIHbeqANAQt8YBKAJ6BAgCEAM&biw=1366&bih=657

888Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 11:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Say what you like about the French, but they knew how to deal with royalty.

Vince Watch - Page 30 Louis%20XVI%205

889Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 11:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
About time we got rid of ours.

890Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 11:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Interesting little video for rail buffs.
Interesting that. One of the joys of youtube is finding little snippets like this. Some good pieces on historic Bolton too, if you can put up with some of the shaky camera work.

891Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:04

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Interesting that. One of the joys of youtube is finding little snippets like this. Some good pieces on historic Bolton too, if you can put up with some of the shaky camera work.
Pleased you liked it, Boncey. I only discovered it myself yesterday.

Another lost railway is the one from Glasson Dock to Lancaster with halts at Conder Green and Ashton Hall.

The opening of Glasson Dock in 1787 had killed off Sunderland Point as a port. It became known as Cape Famine as a consequence but it was the birthplace in 1780 of Robert Gardner who, along with his partner Thomas Bazley, played an important role in industrial development in Bolton in the first half of the 19th century, most notably the development of Barrow Bridge as an early industrial village.

An account of the history of Barrow Bridge can be obtained from the Halliwell Local History Society. Its well worth a read.

892Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Say what you like about the French, but they knew how to deal with royalty.

Vince Watch - Page 30 Louis%20XVI%205

What would you replace it with?

All country's have a 'head of state' so would we be better off with a Trump, Putin, China's boss, the Saudi Prince who killed Khashoggi, Saddam Hussein, the Brazil bloke who won't lockdown over Covid, the Venezuelan president who ruined his country wealth, even the likes of Italy's Berlusconi, or France's Macron?

I'll stick with Liz and Phil and I even think Charles (and William if Charles stands aside) will be good for the country - certainly better than all I've mentioned above!

Going off at a tangent slightly I found this very interesting, particularly how Macron is viewed!

893Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:24

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

Well the Daily Mail seems to dictate how the Daily Mirror and its 'dipshit' readers and the Times and their 'dipshit' readers, The Sun and all its 'dipshit' readers, etc, etc, think too...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tom+bradby&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi96v-RsO7vAhUpURUIHbeqANAQt8YBKAJ6BAgCEAM&biw=1366&bih=657

The question is why do you and dipshit bob care about celebrity gossip? Who really gives a shit.

894Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What harm is Bob really doing?

895Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:37

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I got another email from Tax Insider this morning.

Seven ways to reduce your income tax bill in 2021, it said.

I'm not a gambling man but I wouldn't mind betting that the seven ways didn't include the Vince method.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu May 13 2021, 07:52; edited 2 times in total

896Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 12:38

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@karlypants wrote:What harm is Bob really doing?

Who said he’s doing any harm? I’m one of the only posters who’s said he should be allowed to post what he wants.

Doesn’t stop him being an idiot though.

897Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 13:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

The question is why do you and dipshit bob care about celebrity gossip? Who really gives a shit.

I don't.

What makes you think I did?

Bob's big enough to speak for himself although I doubt very much he cares about gossip, let alone celebrity gossip, anymore than I do.

Besides aren't you the one that thrives on 'gossip' from the likes of Maugham et al, all of which seldom if ever is backed up with facts, just because it feeds into your existing preconceived predjudices and bias?

What's that saying, 'judge not lest ye be judged the same'.

I guess that being the case then you're a dipshit too.

898Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 13:32

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
There's a little bit about the development of Barrow Bridge here.

https://www.bolton.org.uk/barrowbridge.html

The mill was closed in 1877 not 1847 (as stated at one point) but its also worth noting that the workers co-operative was formed eight years before the Rochdale Pioneers. It also included a savings bank and a funeral society.

Gardner and Bazley were abstainers and progressive employers for the time, Bazley being Chairman of the Manchester Chamber of Commerce when working hours were reduced to five and a half days per week.

Its interesting that there's a Bazley Street but no Gardner Street at Barrow Bridge

899Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 13:52

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

I don't.

Bob's big enough to speak for himself although I doubt very much he cares about gossip, let alone celebrity gossip, anymore than I do.

Besides aren't you the one that thrives on 'gossip' from the likes of Maugham et al, all of which seldom if ever is backed up with facts, just because it feeds into your existing preconceived predjudices and bias?

No that’s just one of your lies you like to repeat ad nauseum long after events occur.

A bit like:

Wanderlust abused you daily, 
Anti-Ken Anderson posters abused you daily,
Xmiles was a fake account, 
Okocha is a fake account,
breadman abused you,
the owner of burnden aces was drunk with power and banned you, 
the owners of wanderers ways banned you because you defended a poster from violent threats.

And so it goes on.. and on. A never ending internet drama.

900Vince Watch - Page 30 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 08 2021, 14:19

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

I don't.

I had hoped to keep Vince Watch as a TWE*P-free zone, Sluffy. Most TWE*Ps seem to have got the message - which is nice - but T.R.O.Y. is the TWE*P that just keeps on giving.

Meanwhile Cousin Vinny's trying to distance himself a bit from his special friend, Gail Bradbrook, the XR TWE*P with the hammer and chisel up before the Cheltenham Magistrates this week.

It looks like somebody's going to have to persuade HSBC to renew his £90m bank loan facilities and persuade the Eco-bond holders to leave their money in. I wonder who is going to be given that job now that Tom Cowling seems to have departed. I  suspect the Grauniad hasn't cottoned on to any of it yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum