Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 34]

931Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 08:30

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Has the Daily Express been taking TWE*P pills? Ecotricity's losing £millions, is £millions in debt, is borrowing £millions in COVID loans yet th'Express, according to Cousin Vinny, is joining forces with him to buy land for the RSPB in the New Forest. This is what Vinny tweeted yesterday. I trust Mr Greenswill isn't involved.

Spent the day in the New Forest with the
@Daily_Express
checking out the land we are buying with
@EcotalkMobile
for the RSPB
@Natures_Voice
. Giving more land back to nature

Vince Watch - Page 32 1f49a

932Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 09:32

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Ecotalk Ltd hasn't published its 2020 accounts - at least not yet. But it does have a track record of running up loss after loss in previous years. It hasn't had a Finance Director since 2017 and its Legal Eagle, Tom Cowling, resigned last month. 

So Jonesy (th'Express Editor), "Whose money is it, Cousin Vinny's spending on this New Forest escapade?"

933Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 12:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Seems The Green Party is in love with 'Maverick' too!

Bob and anyone else, to copy a Twitter post like the one above is easy and you do it like this -

At the top right of the tweet you want to copy is three dots - click on these and you will get a drop down menu.

Click on the option that says Embed Tweet and a new screen will appear.

Simply click on the blue box that says copy code and a giant green arrow with 'Copied' underneath will appear.

Finally just return to your post, right click on your 'mouse' and simply press the paste option - job done!

Sounds harder than what it actually is!

Go on, give it a try next time!

934Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 13:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Bob and anyone else, to copy a Twitter post like the one above is easy and you do it like this -

At the top right of the tweet you want to copy is three dots - click on these and you will get a drop down menu.

Simply click on the blue box that says copy code and a giant green arrow with 'Copied' underneath will appear.

Finally just return to your post, right click on your 'mouse' and simply press the paste option - job done!

Don't think this option is available when using the Twitter app on a mobile, so you'd have to open the tweet within a web browser to make the embed option appear.

935Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 13:47

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:Seems The Green Party is in love with 'Maverick' too!

Bob and anyone else, to copy a Twitter post like the one above is easy and you do it like this -

Thanks Sluffy. I'll try to remember next time. Meanwhile here's a nice pile of codswallop from the Grauniad. Saint Marcus, we are informed, is learning how to peel a carrot and is making really good progress. Is there no limit to his talents?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/14/marcus-rashford-teams-up-with-chef-tom-kerridge-to-get-young-people-cooking.

P.S. I heard it on the grapevine that Boncey's looking for a carrot peeler. Look no further, Boncey.

936Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 15:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Thanks Sluffy. I'll try to remember next time. Meanwhile here's a nice pile of codswallop from the Grauniad. Saint Marcus, we are informed, is learning how to peel a carrot and is making really good progress. Is there no limit to his talents?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/apr/14/marcus-rashford-teams-up-with-chef-tom-kerridge-to-get-young-people-cooking.

P.S. I heard it on the grapevine that Boncey's looking for a carrot peeler. Look no further, Boncey.
I've got it covered.

937Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 17:29

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
I've got it covered.

Instrument of the Devil if you ask me, Boncey. Just think of the multitude of Saint Marcus admirers spending hours of practice trying to match their hero's carrot peeling skills only to find that their time's been wasted and that demand for carrot peelers has been extinguished by this simple tool.

938Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 18:02

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Here we go, Sluffy. Cousin Vinny's bin chatting to MOTDX. He loves chatting to TWE*Ps

What's the betting they didn't ask how much money FGR has spent or whose money it was?

What's the betting they didn't ask how much Vinny had taken out of Ecotricity for himself or whose money that was?

What's the betting they didn't ask how much income tax Vinny's paid on the amounts he's taken out.

What's the betting they didn't ask about whose money was funding the New Forest land?

What's the betting they didn't ask how much money Ecotricity's lost?

What's the betting they didn't ask about the COVID loans?

939Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 18:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned British Gas and their current fire and rehire policy.

940Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 19:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Instrument of the Devil if you ask me, Boncey. Just think of the multitude of Saint Marcus admirers spending hours of practice trying to match their hero's carrot peeling skills only to find that their time's been wasted and that demand for carrot peelers has been extinguished by this simple tool.
I don't think the lad has extinguished the demand. Surprised

941Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 20:51

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@karlypants wrote:I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned British Gas and their current fire and rehire policy.
Why?
I've never been a British Gas fan. Inefficient and usually overpriced but lets not divert attention from Cousin Vinny and assortment of media luvvies and tax dodgers.

942Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 21:02

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
I don't think the lad has extinguished the demand. Surprised
No milkmen, butchers, fishmongers, poulterers and cheesemakers then, Boncey? Blessed are the carrot peelers for they shall live in castles and pay no income tax. Its the future.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Apr 14 2021, 22:07; edited 1 time in total

943Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cows will be replaced by the pantomime variety, and, with two men to each cow, unemployment will be slashed.

Vince Watch - Page 32 BW77QLwB2kKGrHgoOKjQEjlLmQu1cBKZyprf13g_12

944Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 22:14

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Cows will be replaced by the pantomime variety, and, with two men to each cow, unemployment will be slashed.

Yes Boncey but where's the equality and diversity in that? Whose going to get the back end having to stick their head through the legs of some flatulent fathead? I've not got where I am today by sticking my head through the legs of some flatulent fathead.

945Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 22:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Cows will be replaced by the pantomime variety, and, with two men to each cow, unemployment will be slashed.

Pantomime cows for women!!!

Vince Watch - Page 32 Suffragette_glamour_1feb18_gettyimages-613458380_l

946Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Apr 14 2021, 22:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy
Ok, they can join in. Nat won't even need a costume.

947Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 15 2021, 08:17

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9471673/Tom-Bradby-helm-ITVs-coverage-Prince-Philips-funeral-despite-Prince-William-fall-out.html

Bradby's a TWE*P. Looks like it'll have to be the Broadcorping Castration after the match on Saturday.

948Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Apr 15 2021, 08:34

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sir Keir was sporting a slightly too short new haircut at the despatch box yesterday according to Henry Deedes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9472345/HENRY-DEEDES-God-strength-fella-Keir-Starmer-Line-Duty-devotee.html

I missed it but I know the feeling. I was having my own hair cut at the same time. My hairdressers a farmer's wife and she tackled the job like she was shearing a sheep. I went in looking like Robinson Crusoe and came out like Yul Brynner

949Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Apr 16 2021, 08:43

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
TWE*P of the Day award goes to Jeremy Vine today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9475465/Jeremy-Vine-blasted-turning-Prince-Philips-funeral-race-issue.html

Maybe he was thinking that Oprah should have got an invite if Meghan couldn't go.

950Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Apr 16 2021, 09:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wonder how many twe*ps will be wasting a good Saturday afternoon watching a funeral?

951Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Apr 16 2021, 10:32

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Wonder how many twe*ps will be wasting a good Saturday afternoon watching a funeral?
Hopefully not a complete waste, Boncey. There's a match to watch first. Lets hope there's no headbutting at that one.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/grimbsy-player-sent-headbutting-team-23890328

952Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Apr 17 2021, 08:07

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Its the time of year when there's usually loads of interesting stuff on the Companies House website but COVID's put the brakes on all that (or provided excuses for delayed disclosures).

MUCS Enterprises accounts - No go
Forest Green Rovers - No go
Ecotalk - No go
FV - No go

So I had a quick look round Mr Greenswill's UK empire. The media, in this case at least, does seem to have got the gist of what's been going on. Lets just say I was unimpressed with my, admittedly brief, tour of inspection.

953Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Apr 18 2021, 21:25

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Who can tell me what happened at Burnden Park on 8 April 1939 and on 16 September 1939? If you don't know maybe its because you're a TWE*P.

954Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Apr 18 2021, 21:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
At ease men. I know this, but I'm saying nowt.

955Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Apr 18 2021, 22:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Who can tell me what happened at Burnden Park on 8 April 1939 and on 16 September 1939? If you don't know maybe its because you're a TWE*P.

The year was a big clue but although I was in the right ball park so to speak my guesses at the questions were wrong.

In order to redeem myself though I found this link that I think both you and Bonce will find really interesting if you have not seen it before.

Vince Watch - Page 32 BOLTONlofthouse2

https://spartacus-educational.com/2WWfootball.htm

956Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 06:38

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Maybe you didn't pick up on the second clue, Sluffy. When the first wartime game took place at Burnden Park on 16 September 1939 it was against Manchester United with the Bolton Evening News pointedly running the headline 'Wanderers Soldiers to Oppose United's Munitions Workers'.

It was a stark comparison of the the response of the players and management of the two clubs to the war effort and an early indication of the self-interest that has characterised the Rags ever since evidenced, by its latest management, in all its self-serving noxiousness yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9484831/MARTIN-SAMUEL-European-Super-League-plastic-competition-threatens-English-football.html

957Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 07:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Maybe you didn't pick up on the second clue, Sluffy. When the first wartime game took place at Burnden Park on 16 September 1939 it was against Manchester United with the Bolton Evening News pointedly running the headline 'Wanderers Soldiers to Oppose United's Munitions Workers'.

It was a stark comparison of the the response of the players and management of the two clubs to the war effort and an early indication of the self-interest that has characterised the Rags ever since evidenced, by its latest management, in all its self-serving noxiousness yesterday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9484831/MARTIN-SAMUEL-European-Super-League-plastic-competition-threatens-English-football.html
Check out 'Wartime Wanderers' by Tim Purcell & Mark Gething. 
Not sure what happened to the proposed movie based on the book, but when it was first proposed, Bradley Walsh was down for a player role. When the idea resurfaced he was too old for one of the players, and was then allocated a dad role.
Got a feeling it'll never happen.

958Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 07:35

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Check out 'Wartime Wanderers' by Tim Purcell & Mark Gething. 
Not sure what happened to the proposed movie based on the book, but when it was first proposed, Bradley Walsh was down for a player role. When the idea resurfaced he was too old for one of the players, and was then allocated a dad role.
Got a feeling it'll never happen.
I have the book, Boncey, but I remember a lot of this from my Grandad's recollections too. He always seemed pleased with the BEN headline and, though I don't recall him saying it, I had the impression that he thought there was a bit of 'just deserts' about a bomb dropping on the Old Trafford football ground during the War.

I don't expect the film will ever happen either. Probably not enough money in it but I expect it would have been a different kettle of fish if Harry Goslin had played for the Rags.

Another story that's been too easily forgotten is how Harry's son, Bob, averted a potential tragedy at Hillsborough  when he was the senior officer in charge of policing a semi-final between Spurs and Wolves in 1981.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

959Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 07:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I have the book, Boncey, but I remember a lot of this from my Grandad's recollections too. He always seemed pleased with the BEN headline and, though I don't recall him saying it, I had the impression that he thought there was a bit of 'just deserts' about a bomb dropping on the Old Trafford football ground during the War.

I don't expect the film will ever happen either. Probably not enough money in it but I expect it would have been a different kettle of fish if Harry Goslin had played for the Rags.

Another story that's been too easily forgotten is how Harry's son, Bob, averted a potential tragedy at Hillsborough  when he was the senior officer in charge of policing a semi-final between Spurs and Wolves in 1981.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster
Agreed. 'Wartime United' would have been given the Hollywood treatment.

960Vince Watch - Page 32 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Apr 19 2021, 16:08

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Cousin Vinny has spoken and he's not convinced that the Greedy Barstewards League (GBL) is such a bad idea after all. Just look at what a great success the existing GBL is, he says.

I'm pleased I kicked SKY Sports into touch when I did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum