Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Lives Matter

+13
sunlight
Boggersbelief
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
karlypants
RangersDave
Cajunboy
okocha
gloswhite
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 17]

141Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:01 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

142Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:55 am

Sluffy, I asked you to justify your statement it was a fair comment, you then openly admit to not having the required experience or knowledge to make that statement. I’m not confused about anything, I’ve been perfectly clear while you reply with ‘Eh?’ And you’re usual talk around the houses when you don’t know where to go on a topic.

Last post on this this, please don’t drag this out even further.

143Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:08 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy Very good.

144Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:15 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wonder how many people have actually thought about his comments. its very good.

145Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Ye very good poem, gets you thinking.

146Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Why do you care, you don't even follow social media!

:bomb:

Being a little bit more seriously though, she clearly trolls deliberately to raise her profile from which she earns her living.

If people simply didn't react to her, she would have soon faded from view - the trouble is that social media allows everyone and their dog to have their say, and they do!

No doubt she'll turn up on Instagram or whatever it is people flock to these days.

I knew you'd flag that up but it was linked from a website so it's more a case of social media following me than the other way round Smile

Hopefully she'll disappear from view now.

147Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:22 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
I wonder how many people have actually thought about his comments. its very good.
...and a good performance too I thought. How he kept a straight face when delivering some of those lines I'll never know.

Well done CharlesTDale

148Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Sluffy, I asked you to justify your statement it was a fair comment, you then openly admit to not having the required experience or knowledge to make that statement. I’m not confused about anything, I’ve been perfectly clear while you reply with ‘Eh?’ And you’re usual talk around the houses when you don’t know where to go on a topic.

Last post on this this, please don’t drag this out even further.

I've been abundantly clear and consistent on what I've said.

The Secretary of State for Education stated the curriculum covers the British Empire and that children learn the good and bad of it.

I've not seen one comment from anyone in the history education profession, since his statement, disputing that.

The article Bonce linked to was an opinion from a black anti-racist activist who is a professor in sociology and has been actively campaigning on racism long before the George Floyd murder - and is taken from a national papers 'comment'/opinion section - being the very same section where you went off on one in respect of the Irish woman's 'learned' opinion about how the British government went wrong on dealing with the pandemic, when it turned out she actually knew nothing about it and was (iirc?) someone who had a history degree (or something like that) as the basis of her background knowledge - something not relevant at all!  (The Irish woman originally tweeted her comments but they were thereafter published in this papers opinion section.  I assume that you do nor have to specifically contact the paper for your opinion to be published and that they are sourced from all other media?).

Think if you like this 'opinion'/comment section being the forerunner of Twitter/Facebook, etc, where anyone with a bee in their bonnet can sound off and people taking what they say as 'fact' rather than what it is - their personal opinions and beliefs - particularly if the paper, as in the case of the Irish woman, is sourcing some of their opinions from social media in the first place!

Jason Arday - this is his previous cannon of work

https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/2146695246_Jason_Arday
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/author/jason-arday

The Irish woman was proved to be incorrect in what she claimed.

So far no professional educational body has rushed to back up Mr Arday's views on the curriculum yet and contradict the Secretary of State for Education's statement.

I stand completely by what I've said, The Secretary of State for Education made  fair comment, in which he states history teaches the good and bad and that I am happy for this to continue to be the case.

How on earth could you turn that in to yet another argument?

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

149Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:49 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dr Arday is a racist?

150Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Dr Arday is a racist?

Thank you for pointing out my slight typo mistake.

I have now corrected it.

151Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I have now corrected it.
No problem. Thought it didn't look right.

152Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Said all I need to Sluffy if you don’t get it, that’s not my problem. I’m not going to keep repeating myself when it’s clear to all.

153Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I have now corrected it.
No problem. Thought it didn't look right.

You knew it wasn't right and was clearly a mistake on my part - probably due once again to my word blindness / dyslexia I have.

I often miss the word 'not' out of a sentence for some inexplicable reason unknown to even myself - which completely changes the meaning to the opposite of what I intended to say - similarly in this case I missed out the prefix word 'anti'.

It was abundantly clear from the links I posted to the gentleman that he is clearly an active anti-racist.

154Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, it was a mistake, which I pointed out to allow you to correct it. My bad.

155Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Said all I need to Sluffy if you don’t get it, that’s not my problem. I’m not going to keep repeating myself when it’s clear to all.

There's only you who who seems to have had a problem with what I said???

I even asked you to clarify what I'd said that you had some issue with so I could explain things more clearly but you chose to argue on instead.

So it clearly is YOUR issue and your continued choice to manufacture arguments with me over such is YOUR problem.

This really needs to stop.

156Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Yes, it was a mistake, which I pointed out to allow you to correct it. My bad.

I thanked you for pointing it out and have explained how and why it happened - why has that seemed to have upset you?

I apologise if that is the case as there was clearly no intent on my part to do so.

157Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:49 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I thanked you for pointing it out and have explained how and why it happened - why has that seemed to have upset you?

I apologise if that is the case as there was clearly no intent on my part to do so.
I'm not upset. It seems we've misinterpreted each others posts. Probably my fault. Apologies.

158Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 am

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Fb_img10
An equal opportunity looter being arrested.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

159Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always thought Tony Livesey was a bit of a twat but he got my respect after I listened to this.

160Black Lives Matter - Page 8 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Always thought Tony Livesey was a bit of a twat but he got my respect after I listened to this.
Very impressive, I didn't know he had that in him.

I don't think it could have been put better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum