Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Lives Matter

+13
sunlight
Boggersbelief
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
karlypants
RangersDave
Cajunboy
okocha
gloswhite
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

281Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Tue Feb 23 2021, 09:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
By absolute coincidence, I've just rewatched Oscar-winning Shakespeare in Love. It does back up what you say about the collaboration and friendship between the two playwrights.They learned from each other, it appears.

Such a cleverly-scripted, witty film with wonderful ensemble acting, deserving all its multiple Oscar wins. Anybody who doubts the acting ability of Gwynneth Paltrow will be disabused of their doubts when they (re)watch. No deep knowledge of Shakespeare required to enjoy the greatest(?) love story ever told, from a highly original angle.
There is a theory that they co-wrote some of the works attributed to Shakespeare but no definitive proof.

282Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Fri May 28 2021, 02:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting...

Patrisse Cullors: Black Lives Matter co-founder resigns

The foundation said it ended 2020 with a balance of more than $60m, after operating expenses, grants to black-led organisations and other expenses.

Last month the New York Post reported that Ms Cullors - a self-described Marxist - had bought a $1.4m luxury home in Topanga Canyon, near Malibu, and owned three other homes, including a custom ranch in Georgia.

Facebook banned users from sharing the story, citing privacy concerns, and a black journalist said he was locked out of his Twitter account after he posted the article.

Conservative critics - but also some black activists - called for an investigation into whether Ms Cullors had used the organisation's funds to enrich herself.

The Black Lives Matter Foundation said in a statement: "As a registered 501c3 non-profit organization, [the foundation] cannot and did not commit any organizational resources toward the purchase of personal property by any employee or volunteer.

"Any insinuation or assertion to the contrary is categorically false."

Ms Cullors appeared to hold back tears as she told the Black News Channel last month that suggestions of financial impropriety against her were "categorically untrue and incredibly dangerous".

The grieving parents of Michael Brown and Breonna Taylor - two African Americans whose deaths at the hands of white police officers became rallying cries for Black Lives Matter - last month reportedly complained that the organisation had done nothing to help them.

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57277777

Also -

'Communist' BLM founder Patrisse Cullors defends her $3MILLION property portfolio - including private jet hangar in garden - and claims she's not been paid since 2019 and questions about it are a 'tactic of terror to silence her'

Cullors is facing criticism over how a Marxist can have a large property portfolio
Tuesday the BLM co-founder, 37, said questions about her four homes were racist and said that it was 'a tactic of terror' to discredit and silence her
BLM said questions were part of 'a tradition of terror by white supremacists'. The organization confirmed that Cullors had not been paid by them since 2019
She has been paid a total of $120,000 from 2013-19 for her work with BLM
Cullors is a best-selling author and recently signed a deal with Warner Bros
She is believed to own four homes in Los Angeles and Georgia; the most recent purchase is a $1.4m home in Topanga Canyon, LA
The district in which the BLM founder will now live is 88% white and 1.8% black
Critics accused her of abandoning her social justice and activist roots

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9468847/BLM-founder-defends-3MILLION-property-portfolio-claims-questions-tactic-terror.html

283Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Fri May 28 2021, 11:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As a best-selling author with substantial wealth and property retained for her personal use, Cullors is obviously neither a communist nor a marxist - she's a discontented capitalist.

Not sure that the $20k a year she got from BLM is relevant, so the question has to be did she claim to be a Marxist/Communist herself or was she labelled that by e.g. the media? Because if she didn't personally claim to be that where is the hypocrisy? She didn't.

Bottom line is she's a campaigner for societal change which is what has to happen if BLM objectives are to be achieved. She has studied Marxism but that doesn't make her a Marxist any more than Boris studying classics makes him an ancient Greek.

284Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Fri May 28 2021, 13:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you watch Fox News, everyone who leans to the left is a Marxist. Biden is a puppet, controlled by 'the squad', and schools are teaching revolution.
This is quite funny.

286Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 10:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Black Lives Matter - Page 15 _122592296_whatsappimage2022-01-05at4.13.13pm-1
Sage Willoughby took the knee as he left court following his acquittal

287Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 10:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, let’s just consider criminal damage acceptable as long as you’re one of the woke lefty mob. To the sane and law abiding in the community it’s just another example of the erosion of standards in society by dysfunctional organisations like BLM. There are legal and democratic ways to achieve aims but you wouldn’t expect the numpty fraternity to follow those. These four idiots should have been made an example of to discourage others doing the same.

288Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 11:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't have an issue with the statue being removed but we can't just erase these people or the slave trade from history. Future generations need to know what happened in the past so that these kind of things can't and wont happen again.

289Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 12:14

Whitesince63 wrote:

Yes, let’s just consider criminal damage acceptable as long as you’re one of the woke lefty mob. To the sane and law abiding in the community it’s just another example of the erosion of standards in society by dysfunctional organisations like BLM. There are legal and democratic ways to achieve aims but you wouldn’t expect the numpty fraternity to follow those. These four idiots should have been made an example of to discourage others doing the same.

Did you say the same when the Berlin wall came down?

290Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 12:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Did you say the same when the Berlin wall came down?

???

It's still there!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=berlin+wall+tour&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiwla3tkp31AhXPfMAKHbEHAV8Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1366&bih=657&dpr=1

I'd be quite interested to go and see it myself actually.

The point of my post being that 'erasing' statues and history is not the right way to learn lessons from the past.

Which seems to be the point you are deliberately turning a deaf ear to just to yank 63's chain.

Whitesince63 wrote:There are legal and democratic ways to achieve aims but you wouldn’t expect the numpty fraternity to follow those.

Norpig wrote:Don't have an issue with the statue being removed but we can't just erase these people or the slave trade from history. Future generations need to know what happened in the past so that these kind of things can't and wont happen again.

Well said Norpig.

291Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:00

'It's still there' Laughing Laughing even you don't need my point explaining to you i'm sure. Why are you always so keen to answer for WS63 though? He's old enough to speak for himself.

On 'erasing history' are there actually any quotes from sensible people saying history should be erased?

Or is that just a lazy response aimed at undermining the very relevant discussion of whether we should still have statues glorifying people who committed atrocities.

Colston's in a museum now - which is the correct outcome, i don't see BLM protesting that - do you?

292Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Don't have an issue with the statue being removed but we can't just erase these people or the slave trade from history. Future generations need to know what happened in the past so that these kind of things can't and wont happen again.
I agree but slavery probably precedes prostitution as the oldest business so it does irk me slightly that a particular period of history is targeted for demonisation.

Should we tear down Rome, Athens, the Pyramids, Luxor and all the ancient African cities for example?

There'd be a bit of a ruckus if they tore down Mecca.

293Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

I completely agree with you.

TROY only posted this to get a reaction.

294Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:12

Suspect if this had been Lawrence Fox pulling down a statue of Theresa May you'd have creamed your little pantys karly.

295Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:'It's still there' Laughing Laughing even you don't need my point explaining to you i'm sure. Why are you always so keen to answer for WS63 though? He's old enough to speak for himself.

On 'erasing history' are there actually any quotes from sensible people saying history should be erased?

Or is that just a lazy response aimed at undermining the very relevant discussion of whether we should still have statues glorifying people who committed atrocities.

Colston's in a museum now - which is the correct outcome, i don't see BLM protesting that - do you?
Not a lazy response at all, i don't like the phrase cancel culture but that is what seems to be happening these days. I consider myself a liberal and left wing but there are groups and people taking things too far.

As for the statue, yes that is the correct outcome and was kind of what i was trying to get across, education and looking back at history are key for the future generations.

296Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:20

I agree with you Norpig. I more directed the ‘erasing history’ comment at the right wing media/commentators who use it to effectively discredit any calls to remove statues like this from public view. 

I haven’t read any sensible voices saying we should destroy them and wipe their crimes from our memory - the consensus I’ve read is to use them for education - which seems perfectly sensible to me we don’t need to glorify these people.

297Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:'It's still there' Laughing Laughing even you don't need my point explaining to you i'm sure. Why are you always so keen to answer for WS63 though? He's old enough to speak for himself.

Do you think the BLM mob who chucked it in the harbour thought the museum would be "the correct outcome" for it?

I don't.

Did those two of the four on trial who went down with ropes to topple the statue just happened to be wearing them as some fashion accessary or was there predetermined and deliberate intent to do damage, destroy and obliterate?

Seems to me you are suggesting the end justifies the means - the BLM mob that day clearly thought it was going to stay at the bottom of the harbour - don't you?

I didn't see any of the BLM mob saying - 'hold up, we need to take this to the museum because that will be "the correct outcome" for it to be.

Did you?

Seems to me the BLM mob simply wanted to erase history that day.

You know just like this...

Black Lives Matter - Page 15 5durcg5vbzytqj3d_1633760150

298Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:26

No I think they wanted to make a statement, kind of the point of a protest.

If they cared so much about it being removed from history why is nobody protesting the museum?

299Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:No I think they wanted to make a statement, kind of the point of a protest.

If they cared so much about it being removed from history why is nobody protesting the museum?

No the point of any protest is NOT to damage or destroy or even to chuck a statue in the harbour...

Rioters do those sorts of things...!

And who's to say that BLM won't be protesting at the museum sooner or later - nobody thought they'd deliberately topple a statue and throw it in the harbour - until they did so?

300Black Lives Matter - Page 15 Empty Re: Black Lives Matter Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:52

The point of a protest is to raise awareness of an issue.

Yes criminal damage is wrong, but do you think more or less people are now aware of who Colston was and what his crimes were?

If they were planning to 'erase him from history' they've done a fucking shite job of it wouldn't you say?

You're last point is a bit desperate, you think they might at some point possibly protest the museum and that proves they want to erase history?! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum