Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Do You Miss The Pub?

Do You Miss The Pub?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jun 28 2020, 14:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't want to go out in Bolton anymore. My best mate got jumped by a gang of Asian lads and they gave him a good kicking. One lad was goading him and his wife in a takeaway on Bradshawgate and when my mate reacted after the lad pushed his wife and smacked him then all his mates appeared and you can guess the rest.

32Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jun 28 2020, 17:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

It seems that everywhere you go people are hostile towards you.

Do you easily upset folk?

Actually I've never personally had any problems in town or pubs in general, it's more an observation of how other people get.

Most people seem to be out looking for a fight - especially when boxing has been on - and is it any wonder when there's two obnoxious pricks stood on the door at most places winding folk up before they've even sat down with a drink.

33Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pubs in my town preparing for tomorrow and had a chat with a couple of the landlords this pm (me and the missus were supposed to be having a bike ride but as i was passing anyway....) 
They've gone for a one way system with serving zones and are banking on decent weather so folk can sit outside. 
With nobody around it looks brilliant. Add our locals to the situation tomorrow and I'll give it 5 minutes before chaos descends. I'd like to go to check it so the missus and I will be using our safe sex PPE
Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Article-0-19918BE200000578-544_634x382

34Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can just see you now Wander...

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 2Q==

Very Happy

35Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@karlypants wrote:I can just see you now Wander...

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 2Q==

Very Happy

Surely you aren't suggesting that he's a dickhead are you?






(only joking!)

36Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 18:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Surely you aren't suggesting that he's a dickhead are you?
Spot on. I totally am a dickhead. And Tibetan.

37Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 19:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I'm not surprised you've chosen tha t name Wander. You're a long way from home.   Very Happy

38Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 22:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:I'm not surprised you've chosen tha t name Wander. You're a long way from home.   Very Happy
I feel quite at home here. Norfolk is full of mountains.

39Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 23:09

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Anyone going to the Pub tomorrow is going to have to tell people that they are his best mate from a metre away ( I think its a metre now ).

40Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 23:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
I feel quite at home here. Norfolk is full of mountains.
I fell off Cromer pier once.

41Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Fri Jul 03 2020, 23:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 _113228829_shefftweet

Shocked

42Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 00:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
I fell off Cromer pier once.
Was the tide in?

43Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 13:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Was it a bad head wound Bonce ?  Very Happy

44Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 13:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Was it a bad head wound Bonce ?  Very Happy
Not a scratch. I fell off the breakwater in Whitby too. Luckily there were a lot of people fishing near the end of it, and they pulled me out. I've never learned to swim, which is probably surprising to most people who know me.

45Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 15:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just back from the pub. Technically it was a bike ride. but we happened to pass the pub on the way home so we thought we'd check it out. Thoughts are:
* I'd forgotten how good a nicely pulled pint of Ghost Ship is
* The young 'uns tried to hug me and I had to tell them to back off
* They hugged each other
* The layout was sensible but it's obvious that the rules aren't being followed.
* Missus asked if we had to sign in - as per guidance - and landlord told me someone would be round with a form but it didn't arrive
* Had some brief conversations with folk that involved shouting and sign language
* This is lunchtime. F*** knows what it will be like tonight but the missus isn't keen on me going

Conclusion: FFS take care folks. A couple of pints in and already common sense was going out of the window.

46Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 16:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin



:drinks:

47Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 17:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@wanderlust wrote:Just back from the pub. Technically it was a bike ride. but we happened to pass the pub on the way home so we thought we'd check it out. Thoughts are:
* I'd forgotten how good a nicely pulled pint of Ghost Ship is
* The young 'uns tried to hug me and I had to tell them to back off
* They hugged each other
* The layout was sensible but it's obvious that the rules aren't being followed.
* Missus asked if we had to sign in - as per guidance - and landlord told me someone would be round with a form but it didn't arrive
* Had some brief conversations with folk that involved shouting and sign language
* This is lunchtime. F*** knows what it will be like tonight but the missus isn't keen on me going

Conclusion: FFS take care folks. A couple of pints in and already common sense was going out of the window.
Was that you cycling through Brancaster?

48Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sat Jul 04 2020, 20:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
Was that you cycling through Brancaster?
No mate - too far away for me and the missus as it's on the north coast and we're near the east coast. We did a bit of the Weavers Way up to Blickling.

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Blickling09

49Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jul 05 2020, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Disgraceful scenes last night near me.

I really do dislike people.

50Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jul 05 2020, 15:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@wanderlust wrote:
No mate - too far away for me and the missus as it's on the north coast and we're near the east coast. We did a bit of the Weavers Way up to Blickling.

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Blickling09
Your are in a lovely part of the country there. I particularly love that North Coast area from Hunstanton to Overstrand. We have stayed at Titchwell Manor a couple of times, there are some really good country pubs and that coastline is so accessible and interesting.

51Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jul 05 2020, 21:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
Your are in a lovely part of the country there. I particularly love that North Coast area from Hunstanton to Overstrand. We have stayed at Titchwell Manor a couple of times, there are some really good country pubs and that coastline is so accessible and interesting.
I'd like to say the Queen is practically a neighbour but I can't as I live 40 minutes from Sandringham but know the coast well - it's 9 miles away. Nice here for an old bugger.

52Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jul 05 2020, 21:20

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Disgraceful scenes last night near me.

I really do dislike people.
What happened?

53Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Sun Jul 05 2020, 21:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

I really do dislike people.

That explains a lot. Smile

But seriously I know what you mean.

54Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? on Tue Jul 07 2020, 11:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
3 pubs have now had to shut do to spreading the virus.

It was pretty obvious this was going to happed TBF.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum