Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music thread

+12
y2johnny
Hip Priest
sunlight
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
Cajunboy
okocha
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

271Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 03 2020, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I defy anyone to dislike this. Beautiful.

272Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Sep 04 2020, 11:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

273Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Sun Sep 06 2020, 15:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

274Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 13:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

275Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 13:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a massive New Order fan and this is their new single, it's not one of their best to be honest but still love them

276Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 13:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I can see why this appeals Boncey, great slide guitar and great norks   Twisted Evil

277Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 13:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I can see why this appeals Boncey, great slide guitar and great norks   Twisted Evil
Yep I noticed the guitar tits too.

278Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 15:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

279Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 19:28

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

280Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Sep 08 2020, 22:10

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

281Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Sep 09 2020, 08:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this a new genre of music? What can we call it? How about Fit Rock? Nork Rock?

282Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Sep 09 2020, 09:20

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Is this a new genre of music? What can we call it? How about Fit Rock? Nork Rock?

I dont know what you are referring to. These Ladies are exceptionally talented. Their technique is sublime. Although they didnt write the songs they have a great tone and represent us superbly on the Worlds stage.

The first Lady, Juliette,  is using a Gibson melody maker with a customised bridge. Her tech has adapted an item from a computer to simulate vibrato. Not the first, but it is done well.
If you check out the equipment the second Lady is using you will get a good idea for a basis of your own guitar system. No doubt she has a great rack, of effects pedals.

283Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Sep 09 2020, 09:52

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For this Van Halen classic she has chosen not to use the humbuckers and has gone for some single pick-ups in the neck position. Eddie, of course, used humbuckers, as she is here, in the bridge position. Again this is all about technique.

284Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Wed Sep 09 2020, 10:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can think of a few techniques i'd like her to try on me.

285Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 10 2020, 13:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

286Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 10 2020, 23:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:

I dont know what you are referring to. These Ladies are exceptionally talented. Their technique is sublime. Although they didnt write the songs they have a great tone and represent us superbly on the Worlds stage.

The first Lady, Juliette,  is using a Gibson melody maker with a customised bridge. Her tech has adapted an item from a computer to simulate vibrato. Not the first, but it is done well.
If you check out the equipment the second Lady is using you will get a good idea for a basis of your own guitar system. No doubt she has a great rack, of effects pedals.
It must come from a lifetime of learning and practicing their fingering although it’s beyond me how the do it with such long nails?
I guess it’s all about practice and technique.

287Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Sep 11 2020, 00:56

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
It must come from a lifetime of learning and practicing their fingering although it’s beyond me how the do it with such long nails?
I guess it’s all about practice and technique.

Those Ladies are playing those songs. There is no trickery. The action will be very low on the guitars, as it ought to be, to accomodate faster playing.
You will most likely find that they come from well off families who have put them through years of lessons. Also all their equipment has been bought for them.

288Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Sep 11 2020, 04:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sunlight wrote:

For this Van Halen classic she has chosen not to use the humbuckers and has gone for some single pick-ups in the neck position. Eddie, of course, used humbuckers, as she is here, in the bridge position. Again this is all about technique.

Very talented but I had to pause before my ears bled

289Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Sep 11 2020, 08:00

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The first two videos are genuine in that they are playing the songs. In this third one the Lady is miming to it here and there. Though she is using the correct chords in most places.
If one must be critical it is that they didnt write the songs. Many people can play covers, but they cannot write a decent song ever.

290Music thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Sep 11 2020, 08:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
If one must be critical it is that they didnt write the songs. Many people can play covers, but they cannot write a decent song ever.
I’m a bang average blues guitarist and have been playing for 50 years during which time I’ve written a grand total of 2 tunes on the guitar. There must be 50 more lying in the bin because I get self critical so I know it ain’t easy (although I’ve had far more writing success on the keyboard)
At the end of the day there are only 12 notes so it’s inevitable that stuff sounds derivative and that makes it difficult to feel confident about writing something truly new where the differentiation is in instrumentation and feel.
Millions of people write but very few get recorded although modern home studios and sites like bandcamp are changing that. But usually it’s the writer themselves that are the biggest barrier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum