Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Wigan in Administration

Wigan in Administration

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

451Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Tue Oct 06 2020, 21:32

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Yes all that's true Bob but I still come back to why play such an elaborate charade to the court, EFL, BM, etc when all Eddie needed to do was to engage Anderson in some mutually agreed capacity to turn the club around and sell it on for him?

That would negate all of Holdsworth involvement, ensure whoever it was he allowed security against the assets to for a loan delivered the loan directly to the club and at an interest rate agreed and stopped anything 'naughty' that Anderson may have been tempted to do.

It simply doesn't make any sense to me to go through all that, give away the club he clearly loves and keep paying for everything for what?  To stay popular with the fans - many of who (thanks to Iles ineptitude) already believed he was taking more out of the club than he was putting in and was fiddling the books or some such thing?

I just can see what Eddie's motive was in doing all this 'sham' that he supposedly did?

Was it to keep a promise to his wife he would sell the club?  He might have changed names on the ownership document but paying behind the scenes to keep it going isn't selling the club in anything other than name only is it?

Also it looks to me with how he  made his last loan to Ken directly secured on the ownership shares that he probably believed he'd made a massive mistake allowing Holdsworth and Anderson into the hen house in the first place and was on course to take ownership back until his untimely death.

All that charade for what - nothing - and probably hastening his end as well with all the added stress and worry too!

I simply can't find a motive for him doing everything he did unless he really thought it was some sort of genuine sale and I can't even see that as being the case either because he knew about the need for BWFC assets to act as security for penniless Dean's BM loan.

Maybe he was scammed after all?  Maybe Holdsworth through his actions fucked up everything? I don't know but nothing makes any sense does it - at least not to me?

The simplest and easiest thing to do was employ Anderson or someone like him directly - pay him a kings ransom (based on results of finding acceptable new owners) if need be but retain control and not give it away for free and needlessly, like history shows he did.
If you can't figure it out, Sluffy, you haven't tried hard enough. Eddie had had enough. He'd taken enough punishment and so had his wife and family. It was time (actually well past it) to let somebody else take the strain, suffer the stress and take the responsibility. He'd done everything he could and more. End of story. If you haven't understood it now, I don't think you ever will.

452Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Tue Oct 06 2020, 22:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:If you can't figure it out, Sluffy, you haven't tried hard enough. Eddie had had enough. He'd taken enough punishment and so had his wife and family. It was time (actually well past it) to let somebody else take the strain, suffer the stress and take the responsibility. He'd done everything he could and more. End of story. If you haven't understood it now, I don't think you ever will.

I can understand that but the simple fact is that he didn't step away.

It might have been his intention, it might have been his desire, he might have thought he actually would - but he didn't.

Might as well have sold to Anderson directly for £1 and cut out all the charade over Holdsworth.

What was all that about anyway?

Why was even consider at all?

I can only assume there was no one else Eddie thought better suited to take it on available - which is a frightening thought if true!

Did Eddie really contrive to to provide Dean with the wherewithal of the security to provide proof of funding to the EFL and judge to pass the the financial test - and how on Earth did he (or Holdsworth himself!) ever expect him to pay it back when it became due - as you kindly pointed out earlier as to the losses the club were incurring annually at the time? It tied Eddie TOO the club still did it not, not release him from it?

Clearly Holdsworth never had the nous to turn the club around so why on earth did he get a place on this 'gig'?  He was always going to be a liability wasn't he - as you yourself have pointed out above!!!

Might have been better just selling it to Michael James for £1 I'm sure Prescot Business Park could have put in the people to turn the club around and sell it on just as well as Anderson or anyone else could?

Maybe you are exactly right in what you say but however way you analyse it, it simply makes no sense does it?

Eddie couldn't step away because he was required to keep paying for the damn thing still by brining penniless Deano in.

The only way he could step away is to turn his back and let it all go - come what may, or give it to someone who he could trust to turn it around even if he had to keep writing the cheques until it happened.

Holdsworth hadn't the brains or skills to turn it around and I honestly don't believe he headhunted Anderson specifically to be the one he put all the eggs in his basket on doing so.

Do you really believe that was the plan all along?

Sorry but I don't.

There might have been a plan - but it clearly wasn't supposed to turn out like it did if that was really the case.

It's not a question of me overthinking it or haven't tried 'hard enough' to work it out, it's more to do that the outcome makes no sense to the object of Eddie walking away and becoming stress free - if anything it tied him in more and must have sent his blood pressure through the roof!

Now you're a clever man Bob, do you think Eddie achieved his objective of...

"Eddie had had enough. He'd taken enough punishment and so had his wife and family. It was time (actually well past it) to let somebody else take the strain, suffer the stress and take the responsibility. He'd done everything he could and more. End of story".

...because I certainly don't.

It probably ended up killing the poor bloke.

He certainly didn't deserve that.

Did he?

453Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 11:09

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Flipping eck, Sluffy, if you can’t grasp it, what chance has Walter?

454Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 11:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Flipping eck, Sluffy, if you can’t grasp it, what chance has Walter?

You are not doing yourself any favours with the patrionising and this arrogant bollocks that you have brought here.

Pack it in.

455Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 11:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Flipping eck, Sluffy, if you can’t grasp it, what chance has Walter?

It's not a case of me not grasping it really, it's a case that if that was the plan (and if you say it was then who am I do say otherwise?) then it clearly didn't work.

Nor can I see how it was ever envisaged to work with penniless Holdsworth being an integral part of it?

We aren't all smart about everything and it is unfair for you to demean Norpig for not understanding corporate business dealings if he's no background knowledge in them but you have both been uncivil to each other recently, so please leave me out of the 'digs' you aim at him.

Maybe with the recent settlement between EDT and the club, now is a good time to draw a line under the past and leave it behind us.  Eddie is part of the clubs history now with his last tie (that of his estate) now severed.

I thank Eddie for the ride he gave us during his time and lament at his passing but as the saying goes 'The moving finger writes and having writ moves on'.

Time we left it behind us and move on to.

Least I think so!

456Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm glad others are finally seeing what a nasty and arrogant person nine bob is.

Don't worry about me Sluffy i'm a big boy and can take it.

Nine bob - i refer you back to the last post on the football ventures share ownership thread. Sums up my feelings towards you perfectly.

457Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's almost time for the 'Most Annoying Poster Of The Year' poll.

Bob should clear a space on his mantelpiece.

458Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:05

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It was always an uphill battle for both of us to get Nuts regular posters to even think about the facts or the truth wasn't it, Sluffy, living, as they were and are in a state of ingrained indignance at the very idea of anyone challenging entrenched notions based on nothing other than ignorance and prejudice?

Maybe one or two might have learned something they didn't know but no more than a little learning, I expect.

459Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wigan in Administration - Page 16 B15f79795068815a0d5fa68c52e5b4a3

460Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:It was always an uphill battle for both of us to get Nuts regular posters to even think about the facts or the truth wasn't it, Sluffy, living, as they were and are in a state of ingrained indignance at the very idea of anyone challenging entrenched notions based on nothing other than ignorance and prejudice?

Maybe one or two might have learned something they didn't know but no more than a little learning, I expect.
Arrogant git!!!!

461Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:36

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Pleased you like the Beano, Boncey. Don't ever confuse it with the Beeno.

462Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:It was always an uphill battle for both of us to get Nuts regular posters to even think about the facts or the truth wasn't it, Sluffy, living, as they were and are in a state of ingrained indignance at the very idea of anyone challenging entrenched notions based on nothing other than ignorance and prejudice?

Maybe one or two might have learned something they didn't know but no more than a little learning, I expect.
1. I suspect I'm more qualified to analyse what happened than you and Sluffy put together.
2. The financial statements produced more questions than answers so the only conclusion possible was that a considerable amount of supporting information would be required in order to make a feasible interpretation.
3. In the absence of the requisite supporting information there is nothing to grasp - other than we can all surmise what actually happened to our heart's content - and on this site we ultimately agreed to disagree as a result.
4. For the benefit of those who didn't spend their careers in the world of business analysis and consultancy and are interested in what really happened it is highly inappropriate and misleading to peddle personal theories as if they were facts.

If you are to learn anything, let it be that people will put forward their own theories and apply their own prejudices regardless in the absence of facts and that is absolutely fine on a forum providing the poster makes it clear that it's an opinion, suspicion or concern - which you consistently fail to do.

463Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:43

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Unknow27

464Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:It was always an uphill battle for both of us to get Nuts regular posters to even think about the facts or the truth wasn't it, Sluffy, living, as they were and are in a state of ingrained indignance at the very idea of anyone challenging entrenched notions based on nothing other than ignorance and prejudice?

Maybe one or two might have learned something they didn't know but no more than a little learning, I expect.

You've taught me nothing Bob, sorry to disappoint.

Where will you go after Nuts?

465Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Calamity James is particularly good this week. They don't do enough giveaways these days. I always looked forward to a whizz bang, although the thrill of making a loud bang every ten seconds palled after a while.

466Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Wigan in Administration - Page 16 562d6a10

467Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good to see this thread back on track. :like:

468Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:27

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

You've taught me nothing Bob, sorry to disappoint.

Where will you go after Nuts?

I can't tell you what a huge disappointment that is to me, Natasha, when I had you down as a possibility for Student of the Year. Nevertheless, as you are clearly a great lover of literature I thought I might throw a G K Chesterton quote at you:

A man is angry at a libel because it is false, but at a satire because it is true.

469Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:It was always an uphill battle for both of us to get Nuts regular posters to even think about the facts or the truth wasn't it, Sluffy, living, as they were and are in a state of ingrained indignance at the very idea of anyone challenging entrenched notions based on nothing other than ignorance and prejudice?

Maybe one or two might have learned something they didn't know but no more than a little learning, I expect.

One thing I've noticed and learned from over the years is how surprisingly often my mind seems to find a quote or saying that seems appropriate to the circumstance I find myself in at the time, for instance the first thing that jumped into my head as I was reading your post referring to others not wishing to learn was of course 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

Now the reason I'm rambling on about this can be cover by yet another saying 'there's nothing new under the Sun', or in other words people have been in similar positions before and realised the same things - namely you can spell something out to someone but they don't have to believe it - even when you KNOW you are right and they are wrong.

As a youth/young man this used to bother me as I often wanted to help people if I could and I couldn't understand why they refused it - sometimes when I absolutely knew I was right and they were wrong.

But somewhere and at sometime in my dim and distant past I started to question myself as to why am I being bothered by people not listening to me, after all I've done the right thing by letting them know a different view to the one they have fixed in their minds and what do I care really if they carry on doing their own thing and it goes wrong for them?

I even do the same to my own daughter and reason it out that sometimes you have to make mistakes as the only way you can learn the lesson yourself.

I'm a cautious chap by nature and not prone to kneejerk reactions, I'm also placid and laid back, so adding that 'new' string to my bow, as to 'what do I care if they don't believe me, I tried, I did my bit, up to them now' type mentality, seemed somehow appropriate to me.

It really comes in handy on social media I find!  

Nobody loves a know it all but most people can generally accept well meaning ones (who don't rub their noses in it afterwards!), so all I do is offer up the best help, knowledge, advise I can and if they don't want to accept it - so what?

If people want to believe Anderson was the Devil, that Iles is really an esteemed journalist, or the ST have always had altruistic intentions in respect of the club (I couldn't type that last one without chuckling!), then let them - simple as that.

You/we've done our bit by leading them to water, it's entirely up to them if they want to drink from it our piss in it.

I don't care at all.

It's just the internet, no one will come to no harm, if people don't want to listen then that's down to them.

Even in the believed you/me completely, so what, it doesn't really change anything from the past does it, things won't be any different really will they?

Eddie, Holdsworth and Anderson have all gone, Eddie Davies Trust has now been settled, the link to the past has been broken.

Everybody has moved on, don't get left behind Bob, you told them, like I did, they simply didn't want to listen then and they certainly won't want to listen now - the horse we led to water is long since dead, there isn't much point in flogging it anymore really is there?

:flog:

Know that you were right, that we stood our ground and no one believed us, some do now but it doesn't change history one jot.

We got terribly abused at the time but so what, sticks and stones, isn't it really?

Fuck 'em.

Let's look forward to fighting future battles eh and not dwell on past ones.

Onwards and upwards and all that!

470Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I can't tell you what a huge disappointment that is to me, Natasha, when I had you down as a possibility for Student of the Year. Nevertheless, as you are clearly a great lover of literature I thought I might throw a G K Chesterton quote at you:

A man is angry at a libel because it is false, but at a satire because it is true.
He also said:

'Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese'.

Think on.

471Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:43

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:
He also said:

'Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese'.

Think on.
He did and as Hylda might have said, I can't apprehend that one.

472Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:1. I suspect I'm more qualified to analyse what happened than you and Sluffy put together.
2. The financial statements produced more questions than answers so the only conclusion possible was that a considerable amount of supporting information would be required in order to make a feasible interpretation.
3. In the absence of the requisite supporting information there is nothing to grasp - other than we can all surmise what actually happened to our heart's content - and on this site we ultimately agreed to disagree as a result.
4. For the benefit of those who didn't spend their careers in the world of business analysis and consultancy and are interested in what really happened it is highly inappropriate and misleading to peddle personal theories as if they were facts.

If you are to learn anything, let it be that people will put forward their own theories and apply their own prejudices regardless in the absence of facts and that is absolutely fine on a forum providing the poster makes it clear that it's an opinion, suspicion or concern - which you consistently fail to do.

In other words I peddled myself a personal theory for three years that Anderson was raping and pillaging the club to enrich himself and gave barrel loads of shit and abuse to Sluffy because he dared to suggest I was wrong but when it came down to it and the books were examined by officers of the court, nothing untoward was found and left me in a massive big hole looking like the complete cock I have been, but so as not to lose face I'll waffle on about there being no proof, not to believe personal theories (other than mine of course!) and that I'm a massive expert in these things and nobody can ever prove that I was completely found out to be nothing more than an opinionated and foul mouth know it all!

:rofl:

473Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 16:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:It's almost time for the 'Most Annoying Poster Of The Year' poll.

Bob should clear a space on his mantelpiece.
 Didn't we have a bellend of the year award as well? Nine bob is odds on for that one as well.

474Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 16:18

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

One thing I've noticed and learned from over the years is how surprisingly often my mind seems to find a quote or saying that seems appropriate to the circumstance I find myself in at the time, for instance the first thing that jumped into my head as I was reading your post referring to others not wishing to learn was of course 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

Now the reason I'm rambling on about this can be cover by yet another saying 'there's nothing new under the Sun', or in other words people have been in similar positions before and realised the same things - namely you can spell something out to someone but they don't have to believe it - even when you KNOW you are right and they are wrong.

As a youth/young man this used to bother me as I often wanted to help people if I could and I couldn't understand why they refused it - sometimes when I absolutely knew I was right and they were wrong.

But somewhere and at sometime in my dim and distant past I started to question myself as to why am I being bothered by people not listening to me, after all I've done the right thing by letting them know a different view to the one they have fixed in their minds and what do I care really if they carry on doing their own thing and it goes wrong for them?

I even do the same to my own daughter and reason it out that sometimes you have to make mistakes as the only way you can learn the lesson yourself.

I'm a cautious chap by nature and not prone to kneejerk reactions, I'm also placid and laid back, so adding that 'new' string to my bow, as to 'what do I care if they don't believe me, I tried, I did my bit, up to them now' type mentality, seemed somehow appropriate to me.

It really comes in handy on social media I find!  

Nobody loves a know it all but most people can generally accept well meaning ones (who don't rub their noses in it afterwards!), so all I do is offer up the best help, knowledge, advise I can and if they don't want to accept it - so what?

If people want to believe Anderson was the Devil, that Iles is really an esteemed journalist, or the ST have always had altruistic intentions in respect of the club (I couldn't type that last one without chuckling!), then let them - simple as that.

You/we've done our bit by leading them to water, it's entirely up to them if they want to drink from it our piss in it.

I don't care at all.

It's just the internet, no one will come to no harm, if people don't want to listen then that's down to them.

Even in the believed you/me completely, so what, it doesn't really change anything from the past does it, things won't be any different really will they?

Eddie, Holdsworth and Anderson have all gone, Eddie Davies Trust has now been settled, the link to the past has been broken.

Everybody has moved on, don't get left behind Bob, you told them, like I did, they simply didn't want to listen then and they certainly won't want to listen now - the horse we led to water is long since dead, there isn't much point in flogging it anymore really is there?

:flog:

Know that you were right, that we stood our ground and no one believed us, some do now but it doesn't change history one jot.

We got terribly abused at the time but so what, sticks and stones, isn't it really?

Fuck 'em.

Let's look forward to fighting future battles eh and not dwell on past ones.

Onwards and upwards and all that!
Actually, Sluffy, I always had the Dorothy Parker version more in mind:

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think

475Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 16:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:hijack:

476Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 17:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
The young lad has done it again - interview with Admin following the Spaniards offer being accepted -



477Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 17:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

In other words I peddled myself a personal theory for three years that Anderson was raping and pillaging the club to enrich himself and gave barrel loads of shit and abuse to Sluffy because he dared to suggest I was wrong but when it came down to it and the books were examined by officers of the court, nothing untoward was found and left me in a massive big hole looking like the complete cock I have been, but so as not to lose face I'll waffle on about there being no proof, not to believe personal theories (other than mine of course!) and that I'm a massive expert in these things and nobody can ever prove that I was completely found out to be nothing more than an opinionated and foul mouth know it all!

...says the prima donna of opinion disguised as fact and surmise dressed up as analysis.
:rofl:

478Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

In other words I peddled myself a personal theory for three years that Anderson was raping and pillaging the club to enrich himself and gave barrel loads of shit and abuse to Sluffy because he dared to suggest I was wrong but when it came down to it and the books were examined by officers of the court, nothing untoward was found and left me in a massive big hole looking like the complete cock I have been, but so as not to lose face I'll waffle on about there being no proof, not to believe personal theories (other than mine of course!) and that I'm a massive expert in these things and nobody can ever prove that I was completely found out to be nothing more than an opinionated and foul mouth know it all!

...says the prima donna of opinion disguised as fact and surmise dressed up as analysis.
:rofl:

Well whatever you want to call it, it's been on the money and your "more qualified to analysis" know-it-all expertise, than Bob and mine "put together", has been shown to be complete and utter bollocks!!!

Not remember the time when Bob pointed out to you that you were out in your calculations by about £150m!!!

It still brings a smile to my face when I think of that!

lol!

You must have earned a fortune in your career in the "world of business analysis and consultancy" with accuracy and attention to detail like that!!!

You are certainly good for a laugh, I'll grant you that!

:rofl:

479Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 21:03

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Anyway, Sluffy, its your site and up to you but as Eddie's no longer with us and Sue's settled for whatever she's settled for lets draw the curtains, shut the book and forget everything that ever happened.

By the same token, maybe we should also never mention David Jack, Joe Smith, Charles Foweraker,  Harry Goslin, Ray Westwood, Nat Lofthouse, Eddie Hopkinson, Tommy Banks, Freddie Hill or anyone else that's made any kind of mark in the history of Bolton Wanderers.

Do you get my drift?

480Wigan in Administration - Page 16 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration on Wed Oct 07 2020, 22:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyway, Sluffy, its your site and up to you but as Eddie's no longer with us and Sue's settled for whatever she's settled for lets draw the curtains, shut the book and forget everything that ever happened.

By the same token, maybe we should also never mention David Jack, Joe Smith, Charles Foweraker,  Harry Goslin, Ray Westwood, Nat Lofthouse, Eddie Hopkinson, Tommy Banks, Freddie Hill or anyone else that's made any kind of mark in the history of Bolton Wanderers.

Do you get my drift?
Experience tells me there's very little interest in those names from the past. The same can be said for most clubs.
Modern supporters seem only interested in the here and now. The past in another country.
As for ED, I think he was a decent man, and a genuine supporter, who did the best, as he saw it, for the club, and has, in my opinion, been unfairly maligned.
I can't speak of financial matters, because I'd be talking out of my arse, although that's quite normal for me and a situation you all have to face on a daily basis, and for which I apologise.
I'm now going to watch an episode of The Twilight Zone. Goodnight.

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum