Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Wigan in Administration

Wigan in Administration

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 25]

661Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Feb 09 2021, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

662Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Feb 18 2021, 15:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Not a lot happening on the Wigan takeover at the moment, although the weekly news report from the Admin tomorrow might prove me wrong but this thread seemed like a good place to post this -

Kyril Louis-Dreyfus has become Sunderland chairman at the age of 23 after his takeover of the League One club was approved by the EFL.

The Frenchman is the son of former Marseille owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus and becomes the youngest chairman in English football.

Former Sunderland owner Stewart Donald will keep a minority shareholding.

"Kyril's commitment, acumen and integrity convinced us to accept his proposal," Donald said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56114374


Sounds very much a rich man's 'play thing' purchase to me - and Sunderland to be fair do have the crowd  numbers to at least make a viable case of going for the Premier League glory of playing the big clubs if not necessarily breaking into the top six or so.

Unlike Wigan it most be said!

On the pitch Wigan got thumped at home 5-0 last night with Clough being considered no better than as a regular sub now with ex-Wanderer Proctor being their star striker.

Maybe the Admins update tomorrow may bring them good cheer - but the wheels seem to be turning very slowly since they announced the club was in a financial position to complete the season.

My thinking is why would anyone want to buy the club this season then, the transfer window has passed, the team is what it is (although there are several other 'bad' clubs down the bottom of the table with Wigan - so they may still stay up?) and maybe they could get the club cheaper still in the summer - particularly if they drop to the fourth tier.

Seems some Bahrainians are the favourities to buy the club - no idea why though, hardly a sleeping giant of a club such as Sunderland may be seen as, is it?

Who knows.

The poor Wigan fans continue to live in hope though.

663Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Feb 26 2021, 11:27

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
So with around 16 or so matches to play, well over the half way since the season started and still up for sale and a basket case.

They are still racking up,weekly debts, then theres the FA loan, then the 5 mil to run the club for 2 seasons, then the fact that they are in the relegation mire and quite likely to drop, add to that the closed doors this season with no income, plus the administrators fees, the need for investment in players and infrastructure and of course the purchase price........ it is a basket case.

Talk on their fans forum of the supporters club buying it is pure folly. £500k is not small beer obviously, but buying outright? nah, wont happen.

Now, we are so close to seasons end, if no buyer turns up, the admins will take what they can get for the team etc

Why would anyone with a tiny bit of business 'nouse' invest so much when they could pick up the club for buttons at seasons end?

It's gone on way too long and is the only way i think they will 'possibly' get out of this mire, or go completely out of business (FC Wigan anyone), and start again with a clean sheet!

664Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Wed Mar 03 2021, 23:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Wigan fan's seem to be in a bit of a meltdown today.

It all seems to have been triggered by someone finding an advert (from Australia!) of an offer to invest in a company looking to but Wigan FC.  Seems to be a genuine advert too fwiw.

This has caused despair amongst the 'tics' fans as they seem to have pinned all their hopes on an unlikely consortium from Bahrain buying them (something that had been plodding along for weeks now).

The sudden existence of the Australian advert seemingly suggesting that all was not well with the Bahrainian bid!

Gossip has since got out that there seemed to have been a breakdown with communication between the Admins and Bahrain and that allegedly (yes I know) that the lead Administrator Paul Stanley had told someone (presumably in private if true) that no one wants a League 2 club - Wigan currently being in bottom place in L1.

Nothing concrete at all in the gossip - could all be bollocks for all I know - but a cloud of doom seems to have decended on the Wigan fans at the moment.

Fwiw the Australian plan is stated to be to buy the club to showcase Australian footballers in order to sell them on for profit.

I'm not sure how that fits in with work permits - Australia is a commonwealth country and all that but I would have thought they would have to be internationals to be able to meet the criteria and I can't see Wigan (whether the be in L1 or L2) being the place for them to want to play at!

All a bit of a dogs dinner really and I do feel a bit sorry for their genuine long suffering fans.

665Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 01:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

All a bit of a dogs dinner really and I do feel a bit sorry for their genuine long suffering fans.
Exactly the same sentiments they expressed when we were going through something similar in the post Anderson period. Or not.

666Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 14:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

All a bit of a dogs dinner really and I do feel a bit sorry for their genuine long suffering fans.
Exactly the same sentiments they expressed when we were going through something similar in the post Anderson period. Or not.

Eh?

What on Earth are you on about???

Is that meant to be some sort of a pop at me, the 'genuine' Wigan fans, or just your normal middle of the night incomprehensible drunken posting yet again?

..dunno..

667Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 14:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Anyway, the main Administrator seems to be confirming the doom and gloom.

Wigan Athletic admin reports 'very, very cold' trail.

Administrator Paul Stanley admits the trail towards finding a new owner for Wigan Athletic has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

While this week has produced another handful of parties rumoured to be at varying stages of their own takeover bids, the Bahrain-based consortium remains farthest down the line with the EFL.

However, with a massive question mark against which division Latics will be in next term, Stanley has reported slow progress with the frontrunners.

“I don’t know whether they’re more or less likely than they were last week, but it’s just gone very, very cold,” he told Wigan Today.

“We’ve obviously spoken to them, but there’s nothing really moving on that.

“And I can’t really say more than that.

“I know it’s probably not what people want to hear, but I can’t force news and I can’t force money out of people.

“There’s nothing really happening. We’ve people coming to the table, and they’re just seeming to be moving very, very slowly.

Latics supporters woken on Wednesday to news a consortium of Australian investors claim to have thrown their hat into the ring to launch a takeover bid.

According to the Australian Associated Press, they reportedly see an opportunity to provide a stepping stone into Europe for young Australian talent to make their way into the big leagues.

However, fans hoping for a pre-season tour Down Under may have to wait and see.

“I’ve never heard of that particular one,” said Stanley.

“I did a bit of research and it seems they tried to buy Charlton a few years ago, but they didn’t have any money.

“They’ve not spoken to me, and they’ve not spoken to Dean (Watson) about it.

“But it’s no secret...everybody knows what we’re asking for...a small amount for the stadium and the training ground, £1 for the club, and then you’ve got to find the money to pay 25p in the pound to the creditors.

“It can’t get any cheaper than what we’re asking...other than it being 24p in the pound, and then the EFL wouldn’t let you get away with that.

Anyone who’s got £7million to their name, who can prove they have the funds, can pick up the phone to me and we’ll have a chat.

“They can have all the data they want, and we’ll introduce them to the EFL.

“There’s nothing stopping them...there’s no-one who would like this to be done quicker than me, believe me.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-admin-reports-very-very-cold-trail-3154512


So the gloom and doom does seem to be real if the Admin are 'begging' for anyone to 'get in touch' now after all this time in Administration.

Clearly no one wants to buy them for £7m do they?

668Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Eh?

What on Earth are you on about???

Is that meant to be some sort of a pop at me, the 'genuine' Wigan fans, or just your normal middle of the night incomprehensible drunken posting yet again?

..dunno..
None of the above. Ask a grownup.

669Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 15:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is dragging on! Would we have been allowed to go so long in administration?

Time to shut them down, tinpot team with no fans anyway.

670Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Thu Mar 04 2021, 22:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sympathy in short supply here also. Pull the plug. Sooner the better.

671Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 00:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Eh?

What on Earth are you on about???

Is that meant to be some sort of a pop at me, the 'genuine' Wigan fans, or just your normal middle of the night incomprehensible drunken posting yet again?

..dunno..
None of the above. Ask a grownup.

Hahaha!!!

Just noticed this.

There's only one petulant spoilt child on here and that's you mate, the person who can never be seen to be wrong about anything.

Go on, I'll play...

I said no genuine lover of football would like to see another club be put out of business - and that's what we nearly faced and what Wigan is directly on course to happen to them bar some sort of a miracle, so if you quoted me - as you did - and you weren't referring to either the people I was talking about, or me as the poster who wrote what I did, then what the fuck were you on about - apart from being pissed up at your keyboard in the middle of the night yet again!

If you wanted to talk about whatever it was you wanted to say - your hatred of Wigan fans, or whatever it may have been then my quote bears absolutely no relevance to your rant - indeed it's almost like some 'know it all' idiot trying to tell us how government works based on their knowledge of working for a NON GOVERNMENT organisation...

:rofl:

672Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Hahaha!!!

Just noticed this.

There's only one petulant spoilt child on here and that's you mate, the person who can never be seen to be wrong about anything.

Go on, I'll play...

I said no genuine lover of football would like to see another club be put out of business - and that's what we nearly faced and what Wigan is directly on course to happen to them bar some sort of a miracle, so if you quoted me - as you did - and you weren't referring to either the people I was talking about, or me as the poster who wrote what I did, then what the fuck were you on about - apart from being pissed up at your keyboard in the middle of the night yet again!

If you wanted to talk about whatever it was you wanted to say - your hatred of Wigan fans, or whatever it may have been then my quote bears absolutely no relevance to your rant - indeed it's almost like some 'know it all' idiot trying to tell us how government works based on their knowledge of working for a NON GOVERNMENT organisation...
You're embarrassing yourself again. Give it a rest.

673Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Hahaha!!!

Just noticed this.

There's only one petulant spoilt child on here and that's you mate, the person who can never be seen to be wrong about anything.

Go on, I'll play...

I said no genuine lover of football would like to see another club be put out of business - and that's what we nearly faced and what Wigan is directly on course to happen to them bar some sort of a miracle, so if you quoted me - as you did - and you weren't referring to either the people I was talking about, or me as the poster who wrote what I did, then what the fuck were you on about - apart from being pissed up at your keyboard in the middle of the night yet again!

If you wanted to talk about whatever it was you wanted to say - your hatred of Wigan fans, or whatever it may have been then my quote bears absolutely no relevance to your rant - indeed it's almost like some 'know it all' idiot trying to tell us how government works based on their knowledge of working for a NON GOVERNMENT organisation...
You're embarrassing yourself again. Give it a rest.

:rofl:

I just love how you always edit my quotes to leave out the 'laughing' emoji - I just KNOW how much it gets under your skin me laughing at you does!

Look mate you are the one obssessed and following me around the forum, taking digs at me, like the one above you posted in the middle of the night (whilst no doubt being half pissed at the time) on this thread and you do so because I simply point out the utter pontifical bollocks which you post - most of which quite frankly, can be 'fact checked' before you even posted them!

I've no idea why you want to be seen to be the oracle on absolutely everything on here but you certainly aren't as knowledgeable about all you like to believe you are and I don't know why you can't even be arsed to check for yourself as to what you are posting is factual or utter bullshit before you post it but some of us aren't gullible idiots and know the difference between the facts and your make believe fiction that you spout.

There's no big issue about getting things wrong on Nuts, there's nothing important hanging on the outcome on social media, so I can only conclude from that is that you don't like being seen to be wrong in real life too.

You might well be seen as the font of all wisdom in your real world but on here you are no different than anyone else and if you want to post crap on subjects I DO know about and based my professional career on, then I'll continue to point out that you don't know your arse from your elbow on the matter.

If instead of acknowledging you had made an error, or simply backed off, then that would have been an end to it but to instead hurl personal abuse at me (re Anderson) and tell outright lies (re you voting FOR Brexit but now deny it), then I'll fire back.

And the more incensed you get about it, the more I will laugh at you.

It's the internet for God sake man, you need to get some help if you can't be seen to be wrong about stuff on here - nobody even knows who you are in real life anyway - so why the fuck is it so important for you to be seen to be right all the time???

But if you want to continue to follow me around, sniping at me - as you do, then I'll continue to laugh at you.

And laugh at you I do!!!

:rofl:

674Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can we not go through this whole to and fro with you 2 again please?

675Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You would think that two grown men would know better Norpig.

Absolutely ridiculous this.

676Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Can we not go through this whole to and fro with you 2 again please?

I'm more than happy not to.

However if people want to be obssessed with me and troll me then I'll bite back.

I find it funny why they feel the need to have issues with me (or anyone else for that matter) on the internet - after all it is all meaningless when all said and done and isn't as though I've shagged their wife, run over their dog, pissed on their chips, or whatever in real life is it???

Why the fuck people want to be seen to be always correct on here or post with fake accounts is beyond my understanding and I assume they are clearly lacking something from their real life and use here to validate themselves in some way?

I don't mind a bit of banter but when things like this are carried on for years - as with the case with Wanderlust, then clearly something isn't right, is it?

I can't stop him trolling me - well I can but banning him only seems to stir up others like yourself - so all I can do is laugh at him, which I do - and which winds him up even more!

It's entirely up to him really, if he wants to stop the silliness then there wouldn't be a problem would there?



Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:48; edited 1 time in total

677Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 16:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You both like to wind each other up

678Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 17:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:You both like to wind each other up

I disagree mate.

I'm more than happy to have my say and leave it at that but Wanderlust for whatever reason feels the need not to be seen to be wrong.

I put up with no end of abuse from him over Anderson, he even tried to make out I had mental health issues, but I knew what I was talking about even if no one else cared to believe me.

There simply was no need for the abuse he threw my way - and he was banned accordingly for a couple of times for it too.

On one occassion whilst he was banned he posted on WW under his nom de plume on there as 'Hoppy510' he posted that he DID vote for Brexit!!!

Clearly there are issues that run a bit deeper than an internet spat if you are so negatively obssessed with Brexit on this forum and admit that you made a big mistake on another forum by voting FOR IT.

He's clearly been on my case for years now and I'm more than happy to point out some of the more ridiculous things he posts but this seems to set him off even more!

The obvious solution is that one of us leaves the forum and in fact that happened at one stage until he contacted Norpig on ww to ask to be allowed back on here.

As it's only the internet I didn't have a problem with that but things have slowly revertred back to how they were.

I'm simply not here to be trolled either by him, fake accounts, or whomever, so it seems simple to me if he, or anyone else, wants to troll me I'll laugh at them, if they don't then I won't have need to will I?

679Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Fri Mar 05 2021, 19:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

:rofl:

I just love how you always edit my quotes to leave out the 'laughing' emoji - I just KNOW how much it gets under your skin me laughing at you does!

Look mate you are the one obssessed and following me around the forum, taking digs at me, like the one above you posted in the middle of the night (whilst no doubt being half pissed at the time) on this thread and you do so because I simply point out the utter pontifical bollocks which you post - most of which quite frankly, can be 'fact checked' before you even posted them!

I've no idea why you want to be seen to be the oracle on absolutely everything on here but you certainly aren't as knowledgeable about all you like to believe you are and I don't know why you can't even be arsed to check for yourself as to what you are posting is factual or utter bullshit before you post it but some of us aren't gullible idiots and know the difference between the facts and your make believe fiction that you spout.

There's no big issue about getting things wrong on Nuts, there's nothing important hanging on the outcome on social media, so I can only conclude from that is that you don't like being seen to be wrong in real life too.

You might well be seen as the font of all wisdom in your real world but on here you are no different than anyone else and if you want to post crap on subjects I DO know about and based my professional career on, then I'll continue to point out that you don't know your arse from your elbow on the matter.

If instead of acknowledging you had made an error, or simply backed off, then that would have been an end to it but to instead hurl personal abuse at me (re Anderson) and tell outright lies (re you voting FOR Brexit but now deny it), then I'll fire back.

And the more incensed you get about it, the more I will laugh at you.

It's the internet for God sake man, you need to get some help if you can't be seen to be wrong about stuff on here - nobody even knows who you are in real life anyway - so why the fuck is it so important for you to be seen to be right all the time???

But if you want to continue to follow me around, sniping at me - as you do, then I'll continue to laugh at you.

And laugh at you I do!!!

:rofl:
 How very unpleasant!....I thought that kindliness and neighbourliness were meant to be the order of the day during the harsh times that we're all having to endure. Apart from giving another person's spirits a lift, a grand gesture makes you feel feel better inside too.

680Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 19:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
You're right Okocha, its nice to be nice. Its also very rewarding.

681Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 19:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Having said that, is it possible to delete a particular thread?
I'm fed up with seeing Vince Watch, even though I have the poster blocked.

682Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 21:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Having said that, is it possible to delete a particular thread?
I'm fed up with seeing Vince Watch, even though I have the poster blocked.
Dale Vince, as far as my limited knowledge goes, is working within the parameters of the law. If Bob finds anything untoward, I'm sure he could bring it to our attention. But do we have to have constant sniping.
I'm sure Vince isn't a saint, but I could point to plenty (I won't) in the business world more worthy of Bob's attention than our friend Dale.
So give it a rest, Bob. Please. I'll buy you a vegan roll.

683Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 21:16

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Dale Vince, as far as my limited knowledge goes, is working within the parameters of the law. If Bob finds anything untoward, I'm sure he could bring it to our attention. But do we have to have constant sniping.
I'm sure Vince isn't a saint, but I could point to plenty (I won't) in the business world more worthy of Bob's attention than our friend Dale.
So give it a rest, Bob. Please. I'll buy you a vegan roll.
Sometimes, when I'm trying think nicely, I think that gloswhite is about as bright as a foggy Friday in Farnworth in the fifties. 

Boncey is summat else. He'd see nowt wrong in Fred West, Fred Shipman and Fred Talbot if they were paid up members of the Labour party.

684Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 22:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Razz

685Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 07:27

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sometimes, when I'm trying think nicely, I think that gloswhite is about as bright as a foggy Friday in Farnworth in the fifties. 

Boncey is summat else. He'd see nowt wrong in Fred West, Fred Shipman and Fred Talbot if they were paid up members of the Labour party.

You’re too sensitive Bob, accept that some find your thread boring and don’t get so defensive. Life’s too short.

686Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 07:58

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Putting to one side the fact that TWERPS are easily amused and equally easily bored, correct me if I'm wrong Sluffy, but wasn't Howard Roark the username of a PR stooge acting for some outfit supposedly interested in buying BWFC and employed to brief against Ken Anderson?

And wasn't part of this briefing that another £10m creditors had been found which had caused FV to think again about their offer?

And wasn't it the case that this additional £10m was untrue and that when the administrators produced their figures, according to them, the creditors were (extraordinarily!) less than they had been two years previously?

Can you remind me who Howard eventually admitted he/she had been acting for? I could be wrong but I seem to recall a Bahraini connection.

P.S. Bit of a nerve to nick Howard Roark as a username if you ask me. Here's a Roark quote I quite like:

'The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:52; edited 1 time in total

687Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@gloswhite wrote:You're right Okocha, its nice to be nice. Its also very rewarding.
Smile

688Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:17

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Here's summat nice for gloswhite and Okocha



When do I get my reward?

689Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 15:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Putting to one side the fact that TWERPS are easily amused and equally easily bored, correct me if I'm wrong Sluffy, but wasn't Howard Roark the username of a PR stooge acting for some outfit supposedly interested in buying BWFC and employed to brief against Ken Anderson?

And wasn't part of this briefing that another £10m creditors had been found which had caused FV to think again about their offer?

And wasn't it the case that this additional £10m was untrue and that when the administrators produced their figures, according to them, the creditors were (extraordinarily!) less than they had been two years previously?

Can you remind me who Howard eventually admitted he/she had been acting for? I could be wrong but I seem to recall a Bahraini connection.

P.S. Bit of a nerve to nick Howard Roark as a username if you ask me. Here's a Roark quote I quite like:

'The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

I never understood what 'Howard' was or what he was up to.

He clearly had a knowledge (or access to) far greater than mine on mergers and acquisitions and we only had his word that he was in PR and why he posted what he did.

He did though give 'insider' details of what actually was going on - but mixed in a fair bit of misinformation too - so I always took what he said with some caution and at times a large pinch of salt.

There was, if you remember, another poster who took the name of an Ayn Rand character, from what was purported to be an opposite 'camp' to Howards, that did seem to give added validity that there was some 'genuine' game being played out on social media for us fans to see - a sort of pre QAnon type thing I guess?

I found it all very entertaining and fascinating, many, as you would expect from social media, believed him totally, a few called it bullshit but Chris Custard alone was able to take him on and factually unpick chunks of the narative he was painting.

As there were/still are a number of professional accountants on ww and non of them felt capable of challenging what he was saying (many seeming to believe all what was being said?) and indeed a poster on there who dealt with insolvency and could confirmed the factual things he was saying on M&A, it was certainly then an outstanding piece of professional competance to be able to have done that.  

I certainly was lacking the knowledge to do so and 'our' favourite Business Consultant from Nuts gleefully added to the discussion by proclaiming how he had read the clubs accounts and told everyone (as he had been doing daily on here) how Anderson had raped and pillaged the clubs assets to enrich himself, until Custard publicly pointed out that he was wrong in his calculations by a mere £168m!!!

I had to laugh when I saw this, as I had been telling right from the start that the club had no assets to strip in the first place but not only was I not believed by him (which is fair enough on the internet - I don't have a problem with that - although if he really was a business consultant he would have known this from looking at the accounts - it really is basic stuff) but I was  constantly and routinely personally abused by him with him even going so far as to frequently and strongly insinuate I had mental health issues!

It still makes me smile when I think about it, such as now!

Anyway to get back to the point you were making Bob, yes, I do believe it was a Bahraini connection Howard said he was working for.


It seems the pendulum has now swung back to complete optimisum for the Wigan fans from the doom and despair it was just a few days back with first the Supporters Club issuing this -

Supporters Update 5/3/21
We are aware of speculation on social media regarding the position of the Bahraini group’s ongoing takeover bid for Wigan Athletic.

Over the course of this week (w/c 1st March) we have continued to stay in regular contact with the administrators and the EFL. We have been informed by the administrators that several interested parties remain at various different stages of talks regarding a takeover for the club.

On Thursday 4th March we spoke directly with a representative of the Bahraini group, and they have confirmed that they are continuing to work closely with the administrators with the aim of purchasing Wigan Athletic.  They are at an advanced stage of negotiations and, based on our conversations, we remain optimistic that a successful conclusion can be reached.

We do however share all supporters’ concerns regarding the ongoing lack of clarity regarding timescales for completion. As such, we will continue to speak with the administrators, the EFL and the prospective purchasers in the coming days, and will continue to press for insight in terms of expected timings and next steps from all stakeholders. At the same time we are also working to advance to the final stages of planning regarding the structure and funding of the Supporters’ Solution, to ensure that this safeguard is ready to engage should the sale not be completed.

We will provide further updates as the process continues.

From all the team at Wigan Athletic Supporters Club.

https://www.wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk/update-for-supporters-5-3-21/

...and today the emergence of this -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13161421

...with a Bahranian owning the company and one of the directors being this bloke with a past footballing involvement in Scotland -

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-chief-mal-brannigan-21960227

Everybody seems happy on the Wigan forum but the deal hasn't been done yet!

And I still don't understand why anyone would want to pay £7m for Wigan in terms of a business profit making venture?

Could really do with a business consultant to explain things to us - if only there was one on here!!!

Very Happy

Should just have added that one of the other directors is this bloke who was also a director of Wigan before it went into Admin - so it does look as though there is high credibility to the consortium -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/k6B8lclM_dh2BIswDzlb7tkJBNs/appointments

Good luck to them I guess.

690Wigan in Administration - Page 23 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 22:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Nixon article -

Wigan set for takeover by Bahraini-funded group Phoenix 2021 in £3m deal

WIGAN ATHLETIC are set to be taken over by Bahraini-funded group Phoenix 2021 - and backed by solid Middle East cash.
The League One strugglers should finally emerge from their administration nightmare after a deal was agreed at around £3 million to pay their bills in full.
Talal Mubarak Al Hammadi is lined up to be chairman, with a British group of advisers headed by former chief executive Mal Brannigan and computer expert Tom Markham.
The source of the cash has been verified by the EFL who were keen to be sure that the money was clean during extensive tests.
Phoenix 2021 is based in Manchester but owned by a Gibraltar firm Europa Point Sports and wealthy former investment banker Abdulrahman Al Jasmi also has a 'significant interest' in the background.
Europa Point already have a football team while Al Jasmi has years in the financial world in the middle east - but Al Hammadi will be the 'face' of the group.
Talks have been going on for months but only came to a head when Wigan failed to do a deal with a Spanish group.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14262170/wigan-athletic-takeover-efl-phoenix-2021-bahrain/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1615136507

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum