Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Wigan in Administration

Wigan in Administration

+20
Ten Bobsworth
Hip Priest
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
sunlight
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
wessy
boltonbonce
Norpig
wanderlust
observer
Whitesince63
RangersDave
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 37]

681Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 19:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Having said that, is it possible to delete a particular thread?
I'm fed up with seeing Vince Watch, even though I have the poster blocked.

682Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 21:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Having said that, is it possible to delete a particular thread?
I'm fed up with seeing Vince Watch, even though I have the poster blocked.
Dale Vince, as far as my limited knowledge goes, is working within the parameters of the law. If Bob finds anything untoward, I'm sure he could bring it to our attention. But do we have to have constant sniping.
I'm sure Vince isn't a saint, but I could point to plenty (I won't) in the business world more worthy of Bob's attention than our friend Dale.
So give it a rest, Bob. Please. I'll buy you a vegan roll.

683Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 21:16

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Dale Vince, as far as my limited knowledge goes, is working within the parameters of the law. If Bob finds anything untoward, I'm sure he could bring it to our attention. But do we have to have constant sniping.
I'm sure Vince isn't a saint, but I could point to plenty (I won't) in the business world more worthy of Bob's attention than our friend Dale.
So give it a rest, Bob. Please. I'll buy you a vegan roll.
Sometimes, when I'm trying think nicely, I think that gloswhite is about as bright as a foggy Friday in Farnworth in the fifties. 

Boncey is summat else. He'd see nowt wrong in Fred West, Fred Shipman and Fred Talbot if they were paid up members of the Labour party.

684Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sat Mar 06 2021, 22:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

685Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 07:27

Guest


Guest

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sometimes, when I'm trying think nicely, I think that gloswhite is about as bright as a foggy Friday in Farnworth in the fifties. 

Boncey is summat else. He'd see nowt wrong in Fred West, Fred Shipman and Fred Talbot if they were paid up members of the Labour party.

You’re too sensitive Bob, accept that some find your thread boring and don’t get so defensive. Life’s too short.

686Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 07:58

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Putting to one side the fact that TWERPS are easily amused and equally easily bored, correct me if I'm wrong Sluffy, but wasn't Howard Roark the username of a PR stooge acting for some outfit supposedly interested in buying BWFC and employed to brief against Ken Anderson?

And wasn't part of this briefing that another £10m creditors had been found which had caused FV to think again about their offer?

And wasn't it the case that this additional £10m was untrue and that when the administrators produced their figures, according to them, the creditors were (extraordinarily!) less than they had been two years previously?

Can you remind me who Howard eventually admitted he/she had been acting for? I could be wrong but I seem to recall a Bahraini connection.

P.S. Bit of a nerve to nick Howard Roark as a username if you ask me. Here's a Roark quote I quite like:

'The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:52; edited 1 time in total

687Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:You're right Okocha, its nice to be nice. Its also very rewarding.
Smile

688Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 10:17

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here's summat nice for gloswhite and Okocha



When do I get my reward?

689Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 15:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Putting to one side the fact that TWERPS are easily amused and equally easily bored, correct me if I'm wrong Sluffy, but wasn't Howard Roark the username of a PR stooge acting for some outfit supposedly interested in buying BWFC and employed to brief against Ken Anderson?

And wasn't part of this briefing that another £10m creditors had been found which had caused FV to think again about their offer?

And wasn't it the case that this additional £10m was untrue and that when the administrators produced their figures, according to them, the creditors were (extraordinarily!) less than they had been two years previously?

Can you remind me who Howard eventually admitted he/she had been acting for? I could be wrong but I seem to recall a Bahraini connection.

P.S. Bit of a nerve to nick Howard Roark as a username if you ask me. Here's a Roark quote I quite like:

'The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

I never understood what 'Howard' was or what he was up to.

He clearly had a knowledge (or access to) far greater than mine on mergers and acquisitions and we only had his word that he was in PR and why he posted what he did.

He did though give 'insider' details of what actually was going on - but mixed in a fair bit of misinformation too - so I always took what he said with some caution and at times a large pinch of salt.

There was, if you remember, another poster who took the name of an Ayn Rand character, from what was purported to be an opposite 'camp' to Howards, that did seem to give added validity that there was some 'genuine' game being played out on social media for us fans to see - a sort of pre QAnon type thing I guess?

I found it all very entertaining and fascinating, many, as you would expect from social media, believed him totally, a few called it bullshit but Chris Custard alone was able to take him on and factually unpick chunks of the narative he was painting.

As there were/still are a number of professional accountants on ww and non of them felt capable of challenging what he was saying (many seeming to believe all what was being said?) and indeed a poster on there who dealt with insolvency and could confirmed the factual things he was saying on M&A, it was certainly then an outstanding piece of professional competance to be able to have done that.  

I certainly was lacking the knowledge to do so and 'our' favourite Business Consultant from Nuts gleefully added to the discussion by proclaiming how he had read the clubs accounts and told everyone (as he had been doing daily on here) how Anderson had raped and pillaged the clubs assets to enrich himself, until Custard publicly pointed out that he was wrong in his calculations by a mere £168m!!!

I had to laugh when I saw this, as I had been telling right from the start that the club had no assets to strip in the first place but not only was I not believed by him (which is fair enough on the internet - I don't have a problem with that - although if he really was a business consultant he would have known this from looking at the accounts - it really is basic stuff) but I was  constantly and routinely personally abused by him with him even going so far as to frequently and strongly insinuate I had mental health issues!

It still makes me smile when I think about it, such as now!

Anyway to get back to the point you were making Bob, yes, I do believe it was a Bahraini connection Howard said he was working for.


It seems the pendulum has now swung back to complete optimisum for the Wigan fans from the doom and despair it was just a few days back with first the Supporters Club issuing this -

Supporters Update 5/3/21
We are aware of speculation on social media regarding the position of the Bahraini group’s ongoing takeover bid for Wigan Athletic.

Over the course of this week (w/c 1st March) we have continued to stay in regular contact with the administrators and the EFL. We have been informed by the administrators that several interested parties remain at various different stages of talks regarding a takeover for the club.

On Thursday 4th March we spoke directly with a representative of the Bahraini group, and they have confirmed that they are continuing to work closely with the administrators with the aim of purchasing Wigan Athletic.  They are at an advanced stage of negotiations and, based on our conversations, we remain optimistic that a successful conclusion can be reached.

We do however share all supporters’ concerns regarding the ongoing lack of clarity regarding timescales for completion. As such, we will continue to speak with the administrators, the EFL and the prospective purchasers in the coming days, and will continue to press for insight in terms of expected timings and next steps from all stakeholders. At the same time we are also working to advance to the final stages of planning regarding the structure and funding of the Supporters’ Solution, to ensure that this safeguard is ready to engage should the sale not be completed.

We will provide further updates as the process continues.

From all the team at Wigan Athletic Supporters Club.

https://www.wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk/update-for-supporters-5-3-21/

...and today the emergence of this -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13161421

...with a Bahranian owning the company and one of the directors being this bloke with a past footballing involvement in Scotland -

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-chief-mal-brannigan-21960227

Everybody seems happy on the Wigan forum but the deal hasn't been done yet!

And I still don't understand why anyone would want to pay £7m for Wigan in terms of a business profit making venture?

Could really do with a business consultant to explain things to us - if only there was one on here!!!

Very Happy

Should just have added that one of the other directors is this bloke who was also a director of Wigan before it went into Admin - so it does look as though there is high credibility to the consortium -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/k6B8lclM_dh2BIswDzlb7tkJBNs/appointments

Good luck to them I guess.

690Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Sun Mar 07 2021, 22:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon article -

Wigan set for takeover by Bahraini-funded group Phoenix 2021 in £3m deal

WIGAN ATHLETIC are set to be taken over by Bahraini-funded group Phoenix 2021 - and backed by solid Middle East cash.
The League One strugglers should finally emerge from their administration nightmare after a deal was agreed at around £3 million to pay their bills in full.
Talal Mubarak Al Hammadi is lined up to be chairman, with a British group of advisers headed by former chief executive Mal Brannigan and computer expert Tom Markham.
The source of the cash has been verified by the EFL who were keen to be sure that the money was clean during extensive tests.
Phoenix 2021 is based in Manchester but owned by a Gibraltar firm Europa Point Sports and wealthy former investment banker Abdulrahman Al Jasmi also has a 'significant interest' in the background.
Europa Point already have a football team while Al Jasmi has years in the financial world in the middle east - but Al Hammadi will be the 'face' of the group.
Talks have been going on for months but only came to a head when Wigan failed to do a deal with a Spanish group.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14262170/wigan-athletic-takeover-efl-phoenix-2021-bahrain/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1615136507

691Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 07:59

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thanks Sluffy. Wigan plainly have a few TWERPS as fans but I suspect we've got more if only on the law of averages but, whatever Howard's game was, he was using inside info in a way that was unprofessional in my book.

You will also remember that someone else, who was likely to have inside info, leaked that the BWFC/FV deal had been done BEFORE it was agreed and signed off by Ken Anderson's lawyers. I expect they and KA were not overly impressed.

The Bahraini connection may or may not be a coincidence. The reports don't suggest any 'big bucks' deal but I feel sure Wigan fans will be content for the club to survive.

Is this btw the same Malachy Brannigan that's previously been involved with Hull City, Sheffield United, Derby County, Coventry City the EFL and a host of other companies? Gets about a bit, doesn't he?

692Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 13:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks Sluffy. Wigan plainly have a few TWERPS as fans but I suspect we've got more if only on the law of averages but, whatever Howard's game was, he was using inside info in a way that was unprofessional in my book.

You will also remember that someone else, who was likely to have inside info, leaked that the BWFC/FV deal had been done BEFORE it was agreed and signed off by Ken Anderson's lawyers. I expect they and KA were not overly impressed.

The Bahraini connection may or may not be a coincidence. The reports don't suggest any 'big bucks' deal but I feel sure Wigan fans will be content for the club to survive.

Is this btw the same Malachy Brannigan that's previously been involved with Hull City, Sheffield United, Derby County, Coventry City the EFL and a host of other companies? Gets about a bit, doesn't he?

He's been at Dundee United, Derby and Sheffield United from the quick search I did on him, before posting above, so no doubt he's the same bloke that you've tracked down too - used to be the Finance Officer before progressing to MD level at the clubs.

It seems from what the Wigan forum posters are saying that the Baharani owner is Al Jasmi and it is his son/son-in-law Talal, who is the bloke who will run the club with Brannigan the CEO, the ex-Wigan director Bramwell the accountant, Markham the 'Moneyball' expert (he's ex-Liverpool uni, football finance degee graduate, so I'm wondering if he has any links to our old friend Kieran Maguire??) with presumably Gottmann being the 'fixer' for the deal being the link to Gibralter where the company is from(?).

The article below is from the young lad who did all those videos - seems to have got work for the MEN on the back of them too - good for him, hope he does well for himself -

A Bahrain-based investor is closing in on an imminent deal to buy Wigan Athletic.
The Latics, who currently sit at the bottom of Sky Bet League One, have been in administration for the last nine months.
And while it looked as though the takeover saga was going to continue to drag on further after talks had hit a standstill, it is understood that a deal could be just around the corner.
The Begbies Traynor administrators have lowered their asking price in order to agree to a deal, but it would still involve the investor paying the non-football creditors 25p in the pound, meaning that Latics would avoid the mandatory 15-point deduction.
The Bahrain-based investor is in a position to seal the takeover quickly, having already had their proposed directors passed and their proof of funds verified by the English Football League.
The first step is for both parties to sign the sales and purchase agreement, while the second step would be to provide a deposit.
As the Wigan Council has already agreed on the transfer of the lease to the DW Stadium and Christopher Park, the final step would be to sign the membership agreement to transfer the football share, along with the agreement to pay the non-football creditors 25p in a pound.
Following the promising developments, it looks like there is finally light at the end of the tunnel for everyone associated with Wigan Athletic.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/bahrain-based-investor-close-imminent-19982353

Oh and there are plenty of TWERPS everywhere, not just following football clubs, maybe I'm even one at times for somethings but you've just got to steer your way through them the best you can.

Ignorance and naivety 'can' be fixed through education and experience (although you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink) but negative traits such as hatred, anger, bitterness and revenge, can't.

Going back to Wigan, it seems to me that it could well be some sort of vanity purchase for the 'son' to play with by becoming a sort of 'football manager video game player' in real life.

Seems with them 'squeezing' the Admins fees downwards that they are looking to do it within budgets, so may be on a similar path as Sharron is taking us on, whatever that is?

Can't see them (or Sharron) getting their money back any time soon though?

693Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 13:58

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

He's been at Dundee United, Derby and Sheffield United from the quick search I did on him, before posting above, so no doubt he's the same bloke that you've tracked down too - used to be the Finance Officer before progressing to MD level at the clubs.

It seems from what the Wigan forum posters are saying that the Baharani owner is Al Jasmi and it is his son/son-in-law Talal, who is the bloke who will run the club with Brannigan the CEO, the ex-Wigan director Bramwell the accountant, Markham the 'Moneyball' expert (he's ex-Liverpool uni, football finance degee graduate, so I'm wondering if he has any links to our old friend Kieran Maguire??) with presumably Gottmann being the 'fixer' for the deal being the link to Gibralter where the company is from(?).

The article below is from the young lad who did all those videos - seems to have got work for the MEN on the back of them too - good for him, hope he does well for himself -

A Bahrain-based investor is closing in on an imminent deal to buy Wigan Athletic.
The Latics, who currently sit at the bottom of Sky Bet League One, have been in administration for the last nine months.
And while it looked as though the takeover saga was going to continue to drag on further after talks had hit a standstill, it is understood that a deal could be just around the corner.
The Begbies Traynor administrators have lowered their asking price in order to agree to a deal, but it would still involve the investor paying the non-football creditors 25p in the pound, meaning that Latics would avoid the mandatory 15-point deduction.
The Bahrain-based investor is in a position to seal the takeover quickly, having already had their proposed directors passed and their proof of funds verified by the English Football League.
The first step is for both parties to sign the sales and purchase agreement, while the second step would be to provide a deposit.
As the Wigan Council has already agreed on the transfer of the lease to the DW Stadium and Christopher Park, the final step would be to sign the membership agreement to transfer the football share, along with the agreement to pay the non-football creditors 25p in a pound.
Following the promising developments, it looks like there is finally light at the end of the tunnel for everyone associated with Wigan Athletic.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/bahrain-based-investor-close-imminent-19982353

Oh and there are plenty of TWERPS everywhere, not just following football clubs, maybe I'm even one at times for somethings but you've just got to steer your way through them the best you can.

Ignorance and naivety 'can' be fixed through education and experience (although you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink) but negative traits such as hatred, anger, bitterness and revenge, can't.

Going back to Wigan, it seems to me that it could well be some sort of vanity purchase for the 'son' to play with by becoming a sort of 'football manager video game player' in real life.

Seems with them 'squeezing' the Admins fees downwards that they are looking to do it within budgets, so may be on a similar path as Sharron is taking us on, whatever that is?

Can't see them (or Sharron) getting their money back any time soon though?
Hasn't Sharon got some of her money back already and Jeff Thomas all of his? Yes I know that's only the shares and they were only part paid to start with but don't you think some money must have come in from somewhere to pay off Eddie's widow and splash a bit more cash on the team.

Loan notes or summat else? I wouldn't rush to rule out the 'summat else' alternative but we'll have to wait and see.

Did you notice that Dale Vince didn't use up all the Fergietime allowed under COVID? I can't see that he would have done that out of any commitment to openness and transparency.

694Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 14:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Hasn't Sharon got some of her money back already and Jeff Thomas all of his? Yes I know that's only the shares and they were only part paid to start with but don't you think some money must have come in from somewhere to pay off Eddie's widow and splash a bit more cash on the team.

Loan notes or summat else? I wouldn't rush to rule out the 'summat else' alternative but we'll have to wait and see.

Did you notice that Dale Vince didn't use up all the Fergietime allowed under COVID? I can't see that he would have done that out of any commitment to openness and transparency.

I've no idea how EDT was settled - and for what amount?

Maybe it was waived even?

I've not bothered to read the CH documents on the secured loan but unless it had a specified payment date, then I can't understand why it was prioritised and settled (in full) than say the Administrators debt?

I can only assume that some deal was struck that freed up some budgeted funds to buy back the shares from Thomas 9and some of Sharron's) and which also allowed greater cash flow flexibility for wages to bring in players to improve the team?

As for Vince, sorry, I don't follow him so don't know what he's been up to.

FGR seem to be flying high this season, it will be a shame for their fans if it all does come crashing down on them though if sooner or later Vince is found to have had his hands in the cookie jar - as I can't see how they can ever be seen to be a financially sustainable club with the fan base they have to exist on.

695Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 14:58

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let me explain it to you this way, Sluffy. 

Dale Vince invested all of £2 in the Ecotricity Group which over the last ten years has had reported losses aggregating £27.6m. During the same period, in addition to his salary, Vince has been drawing c.£1m p.a. for himself in interest free loans and spent c. £m13 on Forest Green Rovers. 

Where's the money come from? Well its come from borrowing (or debt in other words) and eventually debts have to be repaid, don't they? Well they usually do.

So what's happened in this case? Some of the money was owed to banks and some of it to Eco-bond holders and due for repayment or further extension this year until along comes COVID and not long afterwards Coronavirus Loans.

The loans are, of course, intended to help out businesses suffering from the pandemic not to bale out lame ducks in debt because of over-borrowing, personal spending of owners and vanity projects like tin pot football teams projected into the EFL without regard to whose money is actually funding it.

Nevertheless it seems that Ecotricity has already managed to snaffle £15m in Coronavirus loans and is in the process of trying to get another £25m. 

Will it succeed? It might just but who do you think will be picking up the tab?

696Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Bob.

When I said I've not been following Vince, I probably should have said that I'd not been following him outside of your thread - which I do read - so I did know some of your explanation already, so my apologies for you having to set it out for me again.

I suspect that Vince will one day have to 'pay the piper' and his house of cards will tumble but I doubt us taxpayers will ever get our full money back.

C'est la vie I supose.

697Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thanks Bob.

When I said I've not been following Vince, I probably should have said that I'd not been following him outside of your thread - which I do read - so I did know some of your explanation already, so my apologies for you having to set it out for me again.

I suspect that Vince will one day have to 'pay the piper' and his house of cards will tumble but I doubt us taxpayers will ever get our full money back.

C'est la vie I supose.
The house of cards HAS to fall. You don't want to look like a pair of TWERPS. Very Happy

698Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:16

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:Thanks Bob.

When I said I've not been following Vince, I probably should have said that I'd not been following him outside of your thread - which I do read - so I did know some of your explanation already, so my apologies for you having to set it out for me again.

I suspect that Vince will one day have to 'pay the piper' and his house of cards will tumble but I doubt us taxpayers will ever get our full money back.

C'est la vie I supose.
Do you think that BWFC might have applied for a Coronavirus loan? Do you think it might have got one and, if so, who do you think has got the most, the owners of BWFC or the owners of tin pot FGR?

Why not ask your MP? No point me asking mine.

699Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Why not ask your MP? No point me asking mine.

He's blocked you?

700Wigan in Administration - Page 35 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:51

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He's blocked you?
TWERP

P.S. And so is she I'm afraid.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Mar 08 2021, 15:58; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum