Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's new boss Ian Evatt pledges immediate promotion push

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New Bolton Wanderers boss Ian Evatt has one target for this season: Promotion.

After signing a three-year deal at the University of Bolton Stadium the 38-year-old laid down a challenge to existing players and would-be signings that he intends to lead from the front in League Two.

“Next season I want to be in League One, it is as simple as that,” he told The Bolton News. “I am not going to hide behind the fact this is a massive club for this level of football and that this job comes with pressures of success. I want to talk about promotion.

“We should want to aspire to be better. I tell my players I do not settle for being mediocre or middle of the road.

“It will be a lot of hard work but we will embrace every single second of it.”

Evatt knows that Wanderers will be going into League Two next season with a target on their back, and will almost certainly be among the favourites for promotion.

But the new head coach says his players should “take excuses off the table” and relish the prospect of chasing a top three spot.

“We are in League Two now, and obviously we are going to be a big fish in a small pond,” he said.

“That's going to bring its own problems, and people are going to come here to this fantastic stadium and raise their game.

“But we must make sure that we raise ours as well and play, as I said, that brand and identity, of attacking, exciting, expansive football that people really want to see.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum