Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 48]

501Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Sep 22 2020, 20:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cant wait for this second wave. Found out at work that my Hospital will be taking most of the Covid patients from all the other Hospitals in the region, I'm going to be a busy boy finding critical medicines for the next few months  Shocked

502Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't worry Mr Pig, we'll all be out on the streets again, clapping away. It won't help you in your drug habit, but it'll make us feel good  Very Happy

503Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You will be back to the fun and games of multiple isolation periods again Norpig. Shocked

504Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Also, us shielders won't have to shield again. Personally, I can't see how we are safe now, but weren't before. At least I'll be able to carry on with my part-time job.

505Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 13:39

Shameless really, one minute seeming to laud a British sense of freedom and then blaming that same sense for our struggles with the virus.

506Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 17:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We do have a thread for Politics and Coronavirus, can I just remind people of that please.

As for the latest details, bad news I'm afraid.

I reported on the 11th that there were 600 people in hospital in England, a week later on the 17th in was up to 953 and today it now stands at 1,381 - over double in two weeks.

Similarly two weeks ago there were for England 63 people on ventilators day it is up to 108.

Take care everybody it's going to be another bumpy ride.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

507Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 17:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Christ almighty, it's started already. Ocado booked up until October 4th. WTF is wrong with people?
Get those bog rolls in now.

508Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 23 2020, 21:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The shelves for bog rolls in Morrisons today were virtually empty. I always thought the way of things was the food came before the crapper wrapper, but everything else seemed to be fine.

509Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Sep 24 2020, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

510Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why is COVID more prevalent in the north than the south of England?

511Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Why is COVID more prevalent in the north than the south of England?
Pockets of high population density?
It's tends to flare up in cities where realistically extra measures are needed - and the M62 corridor has a lot of towns and cities in very close proximity comparatively.

512Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 17:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know that, so what about London and the M25?

513Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 17:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:I know that, so what about London and the M25?

Don't worry we aren't going to be missing out down here!

London to go on Covid-19 watchlist as cases rise

London will be added to the government's Covid-19 watchlist as cases begin to rise in the city, officials say.
All boroughs will be classed as areas of concern, but no additional restrictions have been announced.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said the city was at "a worrying tipping point" with hospital admissions increasing.
Councils in the city have urged residents to abide by current restrictions.
The watchlist, published each week, categorises local councils seeing a higher infection rate as "areas of concern", "areas of enhanced support" or "areas of intervention".
Tighter restrictions are usually introduced for areas in the third category.
London Councils - the group representing all 33 local authorities in the city - announced the city would be joining the list later, saying it was a "stark reminder" to residents they must follow new rules announced this week.
The organisation called for a sustained boost to Covid-19 testing in the capital so infections can be monitored.
Mr Khan, said testing capacity had been "diverted away" from the capital to other national hotspots, causing the number of tests in the city to drop by 43%.
"The lack of testing capacity is totally unacceptable,"
he said.
"It's vital that testing capacity is increased immediately in London and focused in the areas it is needed most. Any delay will mean letting the city down and will cost lives."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54296597

514Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 18:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for that, and keep that mask on.

Cheers Sluffy, have a good weekend.

515Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 19:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am still surviving...
Was furloughed for 13 weeks
Been a keyworker all the way through as a volunteer and then key worker with my every day job
Busy with overtime, cpvering others that were still on furlough

Also as a sad macker been keeping tabs on the statistics.....

eg.
5 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 992 per day
3 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 1530 per day
As of today the 7 day rolling average of new infections is 5329 per day
Turning point was 4 weeks ao whem one of the days (27 August to be precise) the new infections was 1522 in the reporting period.  Thats when the new national restrictions should have started - notice it was 4 weekss ago, BEFORE schools and colleges went back, and long before universities went back.

516Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 23:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I am still surviving...
Was furloughed for 13 weeks
Been a keyworker all the way through as a volunteer and then key worker with my every day job
Busy with overtime, cpvering others that were still on furlough

Also as a sad macker been keeping tabs on the statistics.....

eg.
5 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 992 per day
3 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 1530 per day
As of today the 7 day rolling average of new infections is 5329 per day
Turning point was 4 weeks ao whem one of the days (27 August to be precise) the new infections was 1522 in the reporting period.  Thats when the new national restrictions should have started - notice it was 4 weekss ago, BEFORE schools and colleges went back, and long before universities went back.
The number 10,000 a day has been rolling around in the media but usually predicated with "could be" or "up to" but anyhow I've survived 8 days after landing back in this green and pleasant land. Alcohol is obviously the antivirus they're all looking for.

517Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Water cannon and bars of soap needed!

518Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:50

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Water cannon and bars of soap needed!
Only dirty people wash.

519Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just thought I'd flag up that the current rate of infection is worse and now exceeds that than when we went into/during lockdown.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 _114662355_uk_daily_cases_with_ra_27sep-nc

As long as hospital cases and deaths are kept low it's not really a problem unless of course you are taken poorly by it.

520Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just thought I'd flag up that the current rate of infection worse exceeds that than when we went into/during lockdown.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 _114662355_uk_daily_cases_with_ra_27sep-nc

As long as hospital cases and deaths are kept low it's not really a problem unless of course you are taken poorly by it.
There's a flight to Portugal tonight if you're worried.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum