Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 48]

541Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I must be a blockhead, had to look up persiflage  Very Happy

542Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 16:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

543Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 16:45

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:

The Brillo's will prevail, leaving the soap filled pads cowering behind the taps with the used tea bags. 

It is a good analogy. Tea bags should always be given a three hour period after use, to drain away and cool down on the side of the sink before placing in the bin. A period of grace with due dignity.
The pedal bin will still be there in a few hours.

544Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 16:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:

It is a good analogy. Tea bags should always be given a three hour period after use, to drain away and cool down on the side of the sink before placing in the bin. A period of grace with due dignity.
The pedal bin will still be there in a few hours.
Quite correct. Dignity is everything.

545Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 17:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I must be a blockhead, had to look up persiflage  Very Happy

So did I!

17,540 positives today, lockdown measures are going to be common place soon.

Good news of sorts still 'just' 3,044 in (English) hospitals when you consider these number of reported cases in the last seven days

2/10 Fri - 6978
3/10 - 12872
4/10 -22961
5/10 - 12594
6/10 - 14542
7/10 - 14162
8/10 today - 17540

So that's about 100k new cases (but there was a 'blip' in reporting about 17k of them that dated back to the previous week).

If we therefore over compensate and look at the number in hospital not a week ago, but a week before that - being Friday 25th Sept, that total was 1721

So although we aren't matching like with like as such, the UK has reported 100k cases in the last 7 days but English hospitals has only seen a rise of 1,300 being in hospital (the net figure between daily admissions and daily discharges) or about just 1 in 100 needing to be in a hospital bed a week later.

I say 'just' but clearly it isn't fun if you are one of them or your loved one is.

Personally I think it was unwise to let the universities open as it was that particular age group was always most likely to catch and spread the virus nationally but on the other hand if it was always going to happen sooner or later then perhaps it is better it happened now then further into the winter period where the health service is seasonally under more pressure normally.

Anyway seeing that we really can't stop all this and the spread is going exponentially in many places now it would seem that everything is still within manageable matters NHS wise and the death rate going through the roof.

546Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been a big jump here in Warrington,Sluffy. Wasn't too long ago that we were feeling rather smug about our low rates of infection.
Worrying times again.

547Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 17:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think this is going to be the norm for us all and for quite a while too.

You can't keep the virus out, too many people won't conform to the guidance, so it's inevitable it will happen even in country's who are really good at keeping it out so far.

In a perverse sort of way we either go through it sooner or later but go through it we will.  At least if it's bad where you live now hopefully it will be better when others are going through it in the winter time with all the seasonal calls on the local NHS service as well.

I went to my local Tesco yesterday and they've just installed a door control limiting the people allowed in at once, nearly everyone wore a mask - but there were still those who didn't - the shop even sells them ffs!!!

One bloke without a mask inside the store was even coughing and wiping his nose - no one said a word - who wants a punch in the mouth for saying something?

I just walked to the other side of the store until he had gone.

That's what we are up against the sheer couldn't give a fuck attitude along with the 'it won't effect me' mantra as many of the youngsters seem to work to.

I posted up a chart under the university thread which although a week out of date shows that local neighbourhoods where universities are or where students live accounted for NINE of the worst area for new infections in the whole country - and I don't thing that is just a pure coincidence!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t21342-coronavirus-should-the-university-s-reopen#414252

Hopefully you and your mum are nowhere near the university campus or its students in Warrington, or go shopping anywhere near there.

Be safe wherever you are though.

548Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 17:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mum lives close by, and is easy to keep an eye on. We get her shopping delivered, so apart from feeling cheesed off, she's fine. Once she discovered channel 81 we never hear a peep out of her for days on end, despite me telling her to phone every day. I have to go round, peer through the window, and get told to piss off.
Happy days. Very Happy

549Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 18:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I saw this last Sunday morning. Someone sleeping off the debauchery of the night before. No wonder Covid is spiking again.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 CXf2SGh

550Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 18:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like she got a good deal at Bargain Booze.

Great legs by the way!

551Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 18:34

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Imagine if she had been drunk texting her ex the night before. I bet she felt terrible when she woke up.
Her ex probably got a restraining order.

552Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 19:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

New Zealand
Total cases
+3
Recovered
Deaths
+0
[size]
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 UPWNqOUEfXOQhOn1zTQdd43TYFdiMB87SSSztAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCWorldwide
[/size]
Total cases
36.3M
Recovered
25.3M
Deaths
1.06M

More locations and statistics
[size][size]

'+' shows new cases reported yesterday · Updated less than 2 hours ago·
Source:Wikipedia
·
About this data[/size][/size]

553Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 08 2020, 21:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Imagine if she had been drunk texting her ex the night before. I bet she felt terrible when she woke up.
Her ex probably got a restraining order.
Her ex probably left for a good reason -communication issues.

554Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 10:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Her ex probably left for a good reason -communication issues.

She was probable drunk-texting him for 4 hours solid.

555Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 10:15

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know someone who has successfully passed their Covid test and has now got 14 days off.

556Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 11:36

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I dont drink. However is it fair that the Government is going to make Northerners go drinking in places like Deby and Nottingham?

557Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The virus is slowly creeping into Norfolk and although folk here are generally behaving well and observing the recommendations in shops and pubs it's becoming increasingly worrying, even in our small town.

558Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 12:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The virus is slowly creeping into Norfolk and although folk here are generally behaving well and observing the recommendations in shops and pubs it's becoming increasingly worrying, even in our small town.

I'm not being nasty or negative but I think all parts of the world, let alone Norfolk has to go through this, unless in the unlikely event for Norfolk at least. some sort of vaccine becomes available to it first.

There's always going to be some who doesn't do as they should and sooner or later will catch and spread the virus on, everywhere isn't there?

It seemed to me when the virus first hit England, London got hit first and places like the North East hardly got troubled with it.  I think there's probably more than just coincidence that in the second wave that is almost completely  reversed (at least so far anyway)

I've no idea if you can catch the virus twice, it has all gone a bit quiet on that but if you can't - or at least within a period of time that is more than before the first wave and this one, then numbers wise, you have all the North East vulnerable to catching it and a chunk of London (and that chunk probably being the ones most prone to catching it and passing it on) who have had it and for the time being at least not prone to catching it again this time around and passing it on.

Whilst the East and South West have pretty much avoided it in the first wave and so far this one (and hopefully they continue to do) then I just wonder when the next big out break happens (or one further on after that) that the East and South West then become the areas most hardest hit (being as they hadn't gone through it as yet and the rest of the country had - and had possibly already built up a bit of 'herd immunity' to it?).

Thought the following tables might interest you - up to date as per yesterdays totals.

The numbers you see on the left of the town or city is the current ranking of cases per 100,000 of population over the last seven day average - and is out of 315 (second tier structured - that means not county councils or Town/Parish councils) local authorities

This is your part of the world -

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Ej0qpWvXkAgHyUY?format=png&name=900x900

This is what's happening in the North East -

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Ej001MXWoAEzc6V?format=png&name=900x900

Now compare the North East to London below -

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Ej0sornWoAELK4Y?format=png&name=900x900

559Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 12:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought I'd add this one into for Bonce, Norpig and everyone else with Bolton connections and loved ones.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Ej0xjo1WsAcb7qM?format=png&name=900x900

Just as a bit of trivia and to highlight recent events, the last date Bolton was in top position in the country in these tables was on Thursday 24th, September with a rate of 251.6

Just two weeks later we are now 24th with a rate of 356.4 (and that's even being in several weeks of local lockdown too!)

Makes you think a bit doesn't it?

Plenty people just aren't arsed are they - they know by and large it simply won't effect them - and in this they are correct, they simple don't care about anyone else, especially the old and sick - why should they be really - they don't know us.

Their world isn't going to stop for us is it?

And let's be honest, why should it do?

EDIT - just been typing this extra bit on the end as Norpig had been posting below.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:18; edited 2 times in total

560Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 28 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 09 2020, 13:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

looks like even though Bolton have dropped down the list the rate is still going up? Doesn't look kike the local lockdown worked very well then did it?

My big worry is now where i live, all the local areas Sluffy posted about in the Uni thread are near me  Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum