Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

601Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're slimmer than I imagined.
 I've waited years for a compliment like that from you Nat, thanks  Very Happy

602Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 16:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:But if the virus is out of control then surely we need a circuit breaker period?

I agree that we as a nation don't help ourselves so to my mind the circuit breaker is needed and tougher penalties need to be imposed on people who won't follow the rules.

Even if there is a 'circuit breaker, people won't obey the rules - simple as that

Liverpool -

Coronavirus: Liverpool crowds 'shame our city'

Pictures of large crowds gathering in Liverpool two hours before new Covid-19 restrictions came into effect "shame our city", its mayor has said.

Liverpool City Region is the only area in the top tier of the government's new system of restrictions.

Mayor Joe Anderson said ignoring facts about the virus was "why we are in Tier 3 measures"

Merseyside Police Chief Constable Andy Cooke said he was "absolutely livid" when he saw the scenes and described those involved as "selfish, dangerous and childish".

City councillor Nick Small said those involved were "idiots putting themselves, their friends, families and everyone else at risk, destroying jobs and our hospitality sector while they do it".

Calum Semple, professor of outbreak medicine at the University of Liverpool and a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, said hospitals in the city faced a "dire situation".

He appeared in a video message issued by the city council and urged the public to "please pay great attention to the regulations that are being brought in".

Prof Semple said: "We have got over 300 patients in beds and our intensive care capacity is currently running at 90%.

"At this rate we are looking at exceeding healthcare capacity in the next week or so."



https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54535481

It's not just Liverpool, it's everywhere!

People just could give a fuck yet some folk STILL think it is simply the governments fault!

It would be exactly the same under any administration - you can only govern with the consent of the people and too many of them simply don't care about anyone else but themselves!

Sad but true.

603Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're slimmer than I imagined.

Better looking too.

Very Happy

604Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 16:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Better looking too.

Very Happy
Very Happy

605Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 16:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:You're slimmer than I imagined.
 I've waited years for a compliment like that from you Nat, thanks  Very Happy
The bag hides the bald patch on his head Nat! Very Happy

606Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Better looking too.

Very Happy
cheeky bugger  Very Happy

607Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 19:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I saw it as political point scoring. The "circuit breaker" is an absolute nonsense, it will make a minor difference if at all.

The government has got into difficulty because it's been way too soft from the start, but the reason this virus has got out of control in this country is because of the British people and their mentality.

Blame the government all you like, but people aren't following the rules. If we all followed the rules and made those sacrifices the virus would be in retreat, but instead we've got a large percentage of twats who think the rules don't apply to them.

Yes, the government has been poor, but the British people have been much, much worse. An absolute embarrassment in fact.
Not trying to score political points, either your following the science or your not, the government chose to follow the science until now, So forget the politicians and ask does Natasha Prestons business woman of latter years who decides it won't work have more clout than the entire sage team that includes it seems every professor in the country.

 It also depends on what you mean by "won't work" stop the virus ? no it won't work, slow it down while we get our world beating track and trace up to speed maybe.

Also if it is political make sure you include all the tory MP's who are backing Burnham and all those that agree with Starmer. So it's more complicated than a political point scoring.

I do agree that the great British public are stupid, it explains how we got a Tory government. Very Happy

608Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 20:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I think the problem by and large is that people are fed up after the lockdown. If the government had been sensible it wouldn't have been so quick to ease so many restrictions but to compound the error the way the new '3 tier' system is being applied looks to many to be arbitrary and frankly biased particularly against the North. Add in the fact that most people simply do not realise the very real danger the approach of winter brings to the mix and it's little wonder some are acting out like stroppy teenagers who've been told they're grounded. In truth I expect there to be a new total lockdown before year's end simply because the coronavirus will (not may, WILL) mutate and the addition of 'standard' flu to the mix will cause a huge spike in deaths or serious illness. I realise how pessimistic that sounds but medical science currently has no cure for any virus whatsoever let alone covid and I think it unlikely the government will act anywhere near rapidly enough to prevent the 'second wave' or even a third. This winter is going to be extremely tough on the nation as a whole.

609Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Oct 15 2020, 23:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@luckyPeterpiper wrote:This winter is going to be extremely tough on the nation as a whole.
A lot of people are going to die for sure.
And made redundant albeit not the same ones.
But cheer up! As winter draws to a close, Brexit will start so we've all got that to look forward to.
What better way to lift the national mood?

610Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fookin Hell, back in lockdown from tomorrow.

How am I supposed to find a life partner under these conditions? I don't want to grow old on my own, if things don't improve soon I might have to settle, like Mrs Pig and Mrs KP did.

611Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 12:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Get down the gym, meet all the boys from Merseyside who can't use theirs!

Very Happy

612Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 12:33

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Clearly some form of lockdown was needed while trying not to harm the economy so I can't argue with the government taking action, but again it's all so reactive and i'm still not confident there is a real plan in action here. We just seem to lurch from one decision to the next with no overarching strategy.

We should be better prepared than this, but track and trace is still failing the latest results showed it at under 70% contact tracing, it needs to be over 80% to be effective.

613Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 12:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:Get down the gym, meet all the boys from Merseyside who can't use theirs!

Very Happy
That doesn't bear thinking about.

614Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Fookin Hell, back in lockdown from tomorrow.

How am I supposed to find a life partner under these conditions? I don't want to grow old on my own, if things don't improve soon I might have to settle, like Mrs Pig and Mrs KP did.

Mrs Pig is a very lucky woman and i remind her of that every single day  Very Happy

615Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Clearly some form of lockdown was needed while trying not to harm the economy so I can't argue with the government taking action, but again it's all so reactive and i'm still not confident there is a real plan in action here. We just seem to lurch from one decision to the next with no overarching strategy.
Within hours of Andy Burnham's interview in which he implied that the northern economy was being singled out by a southern elite, Essex and bits of London were upgraded so it's pretty clear that populism remains the key decision driver.
Eventually the government will have to make some hard - and potentially unpopular decisions.

616Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Mrs Pig is a very lucky woman and i remind her of that every single day  Very Happy

As she passes you the brown paper bag?

617Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:31

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
No wondeer the public are confused, in Liverpool a gym owner is being fined for remaining open in tier three, one day later Lancashire are put into tier three and the Gym's can stay open, it's bloody laughable.

On Monday i came into contact with someone (family) who have now been tested positive, so i am self isolating, i know my details have been passed on but i have not been contacted, to be fair i do not have the app, but if test and trace have been given my details and not acted it's no wonder we have problems. In my case i have taken the decision to self isolate because i no longer work, how many are carrying on due to financial need.

618Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

As she passes you the brown paper bag?
 I'm ugly but good in other ways  Very Happy

619Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wessy wrote:No wondeer the public are confused, in Liverpool a gym owner is being fined for remaining open in tier three, one day later Lancashire are put into tier three and the Gym's can stay open, it's bloody laughable.

On Monday i came into contact with someone (family) who have now been tested positive, so i am self isolating, i know my details have been passed on but i have not been contacted, to be fair i do not have the app, but if test and trace have been given my details and not acted it's no wonder we have problems. In my case i have taken the decision to self isolate because i no longer work, how many are carrying on due to financial need.

Hope you haven't caught it mate and that you have support throughout all of your lockdown and beyond/

As for the gym thing, that was a concession requested and negotiated between Lancashire and the government whereby they produced details of how they were already Covid proof in the measures they had taken and how they would continue to police them, whilst Merseyside could not/did not have in place.

The government handling of this is not the best by a long chalk but political point scoring from Labour from the beginning under Corbyn and now under Labour led Liverpool/Merseyside and Manchester/Greater Manchester really makes things worse in the public perception and little wonder why many do what they please.

I read a quote from Sturgeon they other day in which she said something like 'I don't care if you like me or you don't just as long as you have confidence in what I say'. The problem is now that no one does with Johnson and even the good stuff that he's been saying such as social distancing, keep in bubbles, wear masks inside, etc has been lost now because of it and that why everyone not giving a fuck has brought the second wave on.

We get what we deserve unfortunately.

Take care though Wessy.

620Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:



We get what we deserve unfortunately.

In this case we get what we voted for.

621Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
We get what we deserve unfortunately.
In this case we get what we voted for.

Knowing your track record on the 'Brexit' referendum it wouldn't surprise me in the lease that you did personally voted for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000603

622Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Knowing your track record on the 'Brexit' referendum it wouldn't surprise me in the lease that you did personally voted for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000603
Obviously - and I cast my vote for Lukashenko and will be backing the Donald next week.
I mean who could resist this.....?

623Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 14:12

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Knowing your track record on the 'Brexit' referendum it wouldn't surprise me in the lease that you did personally voted for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000603

"A gentle reminder - please keep this one thread free of Brexit and politics, etc, thank you - this is for the oldies like me, who don't want to wade through loads of stuff to find information that might be personally of importance to us." 


:trust:

624Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 15:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
One rule for Sluffy and one rule for everyone else as usual.

625Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 15:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Knowing your track record on the 'Brexit' referendum it wouldn't surprise me in the lease that you did personally voted for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000603

"A gentle reminder - please keep this one thread free of Brexit and politics, etc, thank you - this is for the oldies like me, who don't want to wade through loads of stuff to find information that might be personally of importance to us." 


:trust:

It was a joke in reply to someone who had already made the political statement.

As you full well know.

626Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 16:07

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Learn to take a joke.

627Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Learn to take a joke.

Some jokes are funny some jokes aren't.

628Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 16:21

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Hope you haven't caught it mate and that you have support throughout all of your lockdown and beyond/

As for the gym thing, that was a concession requested and negotiated between Lancashire and the government whereby they produced details of how they were already Covid proof in the measures they had taken and how they would continue to police them, whilst Merseyside could not/did not have in place.

The government handling of this is not the best by a long chalk but political point scoring from Labour from the beginning under Corbyn and now under Labour led Liverpool/Merseyside and Manchester/Greater Manchester really makes things worse in the public perception and little wonder why many do what they please.

I read a quote from Sturgeon they other day in which she said something like 'I don't care if you like me or you don't just as long as you have confidence in what I say'.  The problem is now that no one does with Johnson and even the good stuff that he's been saying such as social distancing, keep in bubbles, wear masks inside, etc has been lost now because of it and that why everyone not giving a fuck has brought the second wave on.

We get what we deserve unfortunately.

Take care though Wessy.
Cheers so far so good, more worried for my Mum who is 88 she was also a contact. Will be a long week.

629Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So the handling of the coronavirus and how it affects people's lives isn't a political matter?
News to me.

630Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Oct 16 2020, 16:25

T.R.O.Y.


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

Some jokes are funny some jokes aren't.


Jokes about you = not funny.

Got it.

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum