Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 32]

931Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jul 21 2021, 21:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:But this also doesn’t take into account if you already have COVID

The way I read this is as follows

You catch Covid - and isolate for 10 days.

So does everybody else you live with and who doesn't have Covid.

On say day 4 someone else in the household tests positive for Covid, so they, you and everyone else in the household starts from scratch again and isolate for 10 days from when the second person caught it.

Fwiw I have read cases where you can catch Covid whilst you are already have Covid (if that makes sense) -

"It is possible to catch two Covid variants at the same time, experts are warning after seeing a double infection in a 90-year-old woman who became sick with the Alpha and Beta types first identified in the UK and South Africa.

The woman, who died in March 2021 in Belgium, had not been vaccinated.

Her doctors suspect she contracted the infections from two different people".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57761343

I guess the chances of that happening to most people is very remote as the Indian/Delta variant is dominant in this country at the moment but I guess in theory anyway that you could catch Covid and isolate, then on your 10th day take a test and be shown to be negative, yet the next day (your 11th and the other persons 7th) catch it again from them who still are positive from it.

I reckon that if you (assuming you are the person to catch it first) aren't going to be around the old and vulnerable and your test shows you to be negative then the chances are you are not going to be spreading it but I would continue to take frequent tests every time you plan to go out, until all the family all showing negative tests.

But why even do that and just continue to isolate for the extra few days - it isn't as though a few extra days is really such a chore is it?

Remember that even if you decide you've done your ten days and are off, all the rest of the people you live with still have to isolate for 10 days from the second person testing positive.

That's how I view things anyway but what you decide to do is up to you.

Obviously I wish that you and your family (or whoever the people are) all get through this safely.

932Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jul 21 2021, 22:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thanks, I don’t have it. My daughter does and caught it along with her cousin whilst she was staying at her aunts. So is isolating there. Since then another cousin has tested positive with it, yesterday. So wanted to see what the guidelines said about this.

It’s not really clear and is open to interpretation.

933Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jul 21 2021, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Thanks, I don’t have it.  My daughter does and caught it along with her cousin whilst she was staying at her aunts.  So is isolating there. Since then another cousin has tested positive with it, yesterday.   So wanted to see what the guidelines said about this.  

It’s not really clear and is open to interpretation.

Well she's your child so you've got to decide what is best for her irrespective of the rules really.

If she is happy to stay with her aunt and cousins - and they happy to have her, then I'd let my daughter simply stay there for the extra days.

If however she is unhappy I'd go and get her and bite the bullet and self isolate with her at home (I guess in theory that would be another 10 days for her and your family - simply because you are coming into contact with someone who hasn't fully completed her isolation).

I'd stock up on flow tests though and test everyone in your home daily at least until her 10 day period is up from her cousin catching it - and probably a few days after that as well just to be sure.

Keep her away from nana and grandad though just to be on the safe side!

Hope she and her cousins are all soon well.

934Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 22 2021, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sorry to hear about your Daughter BTID i know what it's like as my Son tested positive recently. Hope she's not got any symptoms?

We just came out of isolation for the umpteenth time!

935Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 32 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 22 2021, 11:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thanks Norpig, yeah she has lost her sense of smell and taste and feels crappy.  She’a an adult so she can handle it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum