Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kanye West another complete nutjob?

+4
karlypants
Norpig
gloswhite
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kanye West another complete nutjob? Empty Kanye West another complete nutjob? Wed Jul 08 2020, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I must be honest and say I simply don't understand why there is any interest in celebrity following but clearly most people do.

I know little or care about the seemingly royal family of celebrates namely the Kardashians, one of the clan being Kanye West.

Seems there is some talk about him standing to challenge for the Presidency of America in November (probably just all hype but you never can tell for certain in America!) and he's just given his first interview of what he would do if he did become president -

Shocked

Kanye West has given the US and the world a glimpse of what President Kanye would be like, in his first interview since suggesting he'll run for office.

The rapper said he would model his White House operation on Wakanda, the fictional kingdom from Black Panther.

West told Forbes he is "extremely cautious" about a coronavirus vaccine.

He said: "They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can't cross the gates of Heaven."

In what the magazine described as "four rambling hours of interviews", West said he would decide in the next 30 days whether to definitely stand in November's presidential election.

If he does, it would be under the banner of The Birthday Party. "Because when we win, it's everybody's birthday," he explained.

But he said he was serious about the plan. "Like anything I've ever done in my life, I'm doing to win."

However, he added: "When I'm president, let's also have some fun. Let's get past all the racism conversation, let's empower people with 40 acres and a mule, let's give some land, that's the plan."

That's a reference to a 19th Century plan to give freed slaves 40 acres of land after the US Civil War.

What else did he say?
One of President West's priorities would be to end police brutality, he said, and he is against the death penalty.

He also wants to "clean up the chemicals - in our deodorant, in our toothpaste". Asked about abortion, he said he is "pro-life because I'm following the word of the Bible"; while he hasn't developed his foreign policy but is "focused on protecting America, first, with our great military".

Asked about his approach to taxes, he said he hadn't done the necessary research yet. "I will research that with the strongest experts that serve God and come back with the best solution. And that will be my answer for anything that I haven't researched."

He believes he contracted coronavirus in February, but said a vaccine was "the mark of the beast".

And he professed his love for China. "It's not China's fault that disease. It's not the Chinese people's fault. They're God's people also. I love China. It changed my life. It changed my perspective, it gave me such a wide perspective."

But he would take a radical approach to governing. "I don't know if I would use the word 'policy' for the way I would approach things," he said.

"I [didn't] have a policy when I went to Nike and designed Yeezy and went to Louis and designed a Louis Vuitton at the same time. It wasn't a policy, it was a design. We need to innovate the design to be able to free the mind at this time."

He added: "I'm gonna use the framework of Wakanda right now because it's the best explanation of what our design group is going to feel like in the White House."

He likened his approach to the film, "when the king went to visit that lead scientist to have the shoes wrap around her shoes".

"Just the amount of innovation that can happen, the amount of innovation in medicine - like big pharma - we are going to work, innovate, together.

"This is not going to be some Nipsey Hussle being murdered, they're doing a documentary, we have so many soldiers that die for our freedom, our freedom of information, that there is a cure for Aids out there, there is going to be a mix of big pharma and holistic."

His running mate would be Michelle Tidball, who Forbes described as "an obscure preacher from Wyoming".

What about his support for President Trump?

West famously revealed his support for Mr Trump after the last election in 2016, and donned a Make America Great Again hat to meet him in 2018.

But he told Forbes he was "taking the red hat off, with this interview".

He has lost confidence in the president. "It looks like one big mess to me. I don't like that I caught wind that he hid in the bunker."

West called on Mr Trump and likely Democratic rival Joe Biden to "gracefully bow out".

Can he become president?
Forbes noted that West "has no campaign apparatus of any kind", and that he will miss the deadline for inclusion on the ballot in many states.

But he wants to get the deadline extended because of the coronavirus pandemic. "I'm speaking with experts, I'm going to speak with [Mr Trump's son-in-law and adviser] Jared Kushner, the White House, with Biden," West said.

The star, who only registered to vote for the first time on Monday, denied that the possible campaign was a publicity stunt for his new album.

"Let's see if the appointing is at 2020 or if it's 2024 - because God appoints the president," he said. "If I win in 2020 then it was God's appointment. If I win in 2024 then that was God's appointment."

In an interview with RealClearPolitics, Mr Trump said the idea of West running was "interesting".

"It'd have to be limited to certain states because in some states the deadline has been missed," he said. "If he did it, he would have to view this as a trial run for what's going to happen in four years."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53332251

Now I would normally take all this as some sort of a joke (particularly that he's already passed the deadline in a number of states to stand) but how many people over there will believe everything he has said - probably loads and loads.

Just imagine if he ever did get to be President one day!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

i didn't read all of this Sluffy, but my thoughts drifted to, 'could he do any more damage than the present one'?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a proper loon with an extremely high opinion of himself much like the current President  Very Happy

Oh and his music is shite these days as well!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:i didn't read all of this Sluffy, but my thoughts drifted to, 'could he do any more damage than the present one'?

Yes I think he could.

Amongst the things he wants is to run is Presidency like they do in a superhero film he watched, and thinks if and when they develop a vaccine for the virus that people shouldn't take it because it is all a plot from some sort of 'big brother' to control peoples lives!

I think it's all meant to be a big joke but there are so many people these days who believe as Gospel what they read on social media from people like him that it could backfire big time, like when people thought the MMR jabs were bad for their kids and stopped taking them.

The worry is that he might actually try for it seriously in four years time!!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He's a proper loon with an extremely high opinion of himself much like the current President  Very Happy

Oh and his music is shite these days as well!
His music is shite these days?

It’s always been shite.

Another one of America’s oddballs. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I look forward to the State Of The Union rap.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yet another person whose only claim to any sort of achievement is that he can sing a song, but they seem to think it gives them great knowledge, understanding and a God given right to be listened to. There's a lot of them about. Another one that springs to mind is Bono.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chuck D for President

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've known of Kanye West since he first appeared, gave him a listen, wandered off...and  I guess I've kept up with his stunts but not in any granular detail because he - and the Kardashians - are as dull as dishwater. I sorta knew he was a capitalism-worshipping knobhead with a penchant for sensationalism and that was confirmed reading the article Sluffy posted above.
It would be funny if Trump hadn't been elected. Now it's just scary.

10Kanye West another complete nutjob? Empty Re: Kanye West another complete nutjob? Fri Jul 10 2020, 01:39

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The bloke's a complete narcissistic nutter! But we're talking about America here. If he stands he'll win.

11Kanye West another complete nutjob? Empty Re: Kanye West another complete nutjob? Fri Jul 10 2020, 09:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sooner have Norpig in charge

12Kanye West another complete nutjob? Empty Re: Kanye West another complete nutjob? Fri Jul 10 2020, 09:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Sooner have Norpig in charge
 Good man, you can be my lowly paid assistant i shout at a lot and take the blame for all my fuck ups  Very Happy

13Kanye West another complete nutjob? Empty Re: Kanye West another complete nutjob? Fri Jul 10 2020, 10:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 Good man, you can be my lowly paid assistant i shout at a lot and take the blame for all my fuck ups  Very Happy
I'd be more than a little concerned at what he'd be assisting you with. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum