Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facemasks in shops

+7
karlypants
boltonbonce
xmiles
Sluffy
Norpig
Boggersbelief
okocha
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Facemasks in shops Empty Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 08:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you wear one at the moment? Will you do when it becomes mandatory? How will it be policed? Will the government change their minds again before then? Smile

2Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be wearing one. I'm very law abiding.

3Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My face shouldn't be covered by a mask as it brings such joy to people.

4Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My face shouldn't be covered by a mask as it brings such joy to people.

Is that when it's round a customers bellend? Very Happy

5Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always worn a mask and will continue to do so.

The only reason the government have made it compulsory to wear one now is that people can now buy them.

They obviously didn't want to cause panic before due to the shortage of PPE in the UK.

6Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I've always worn a mask and will continue to do so.

I'm sure Mrs KP is very grateful.

7Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Is that when it's round a customers bellend? Very Happy

Very Happy

8Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 10:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wear one on the bus but plenty don't which annoys me but haven't been wearing them in shops as yet.

It all seems too little too late to me.

9Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 10:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This morning TV was full of people demanding to know why the public weren't forced to wear facemasks much earlier, I wanted to punch each and every one of them.

I tried to buy some facemasks in April and I couldn't find any available in the UK at a reasonable price. I had to buy from China and it took 3 weeks to arrive.

If the government had said it was mandatory to wear a mask in public in April there would have been utter panic, the vast majority of folk wouldn't have been able to leave their house even for basic essentials.

10Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 10:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seemed to me the decision was eventually made in order to make people more confident about going out and buying stuff on the high street, but ironically it may make folk more inclined to shop online which will be the death knell for the high street shops and maybe even some supermarkets.

The work-from-home message changed to "go to the office etc if you can", because the government thought that town centre shops would be boosted by lunchtime trade from office workers. (All this while using public transport where possible.....great for NHS staff!!)

Will shop staff put profit first.... or stop non-masked people going into their stores to buy their goods, take names and addresses and report them to the police?

If teachers wear face masks, will communication with children become difficult, especially with the older ones who may also have to wear face-coverings? What about those who rely on lip-reading?

A final thought:-it was not long ago that Boris said that face-coverings suggested bank robbers...

11Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 11:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:This morning TV was full of people demanding to know why the public weren't forced to wear facemasks much earlier, I wanted to punch each and every one of them.

I tried to buy some facemasks in April and I couldn't find any available in the UK at a reasonable price. I had to buy from China and it took 3 weeks to arrive.

If the government had said it was mandatory to wear a mask in public in April there would have been utter panic, the vast majority of folk wouldn't have been able to leave their house even for basic essentials.

I'm sure I said that earlier. Smile

12Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You said something about bellends. Your favourite subject.

13Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You said something about bellends. Your favourite subject.

Very Happy

14Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 12:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree with okocha that this is all about getting people more confident about going out and buying stuff on the high street.

The medical logic is all over the place though. You don't need a mask in a pub or restaurant or school but you now have to wear one in a giant supermarket although the staff don't. In my local supermarket most of the staff are filling trolleys for online shoppers, hardly any of them are behind tills so the queues at checkout are worse than the queues to get in.

Not happy about the compulsory nature of this but I will comply. It is particularly irritating if you wear glasses.

15Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 13:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I agree with okocha that this is all about getting people more confident about going out and buying stuff on the high street.

The medical logic is all over the place though. You don't need a mask in a pub or restaurant or school but you now have to wear one in a giant supermarket although the staff don't. In my local supermarket most of the staff are filling trolleys for online shoppers, hardly any of them are behind tills so the queues at checkout are worse than the queues to get in.

Not happy about the compulsory nature of this but I will comply. It is particularly irritating if you wear glasses.
Yes, they get steamed up and I can't see a thing.

16Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 15:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I always wear one when I go into a shop, or when there are a few people about. Unlike many, I didn't need to be told that it's safer to wear a mask than not. How much safer is irrelevant, when your dead you're 100% dead. Add to that the news that there now appears to be long term problems appearing if you've had it. Never mind the politics, use your head and look after yourself, and others where you can.

17Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 15:39

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote: look after yourself, and others where you can.

Great advice.

18Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 22:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
...in which case tens of thousands of dead Brits would still be alive.

I guess that means they died for us defending our freedom to act like a twat?

19Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Tue Jul 14 2020, 23:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
...in which case tens of thousands of dead Brits would still be alive.

I guess that means they died for us defending our freedom to act like a twat?

Anyone really believe people will wear masks anywhere?

My daughter went to London on the train, travelled around on the tube and returned by train on Saturday - she was the only one in the carriages she was in who actually wore a mask.

She did say the trains were not crowded but the majority she saw simply completely flouted the rule (well law now as I believe you can be fined for not doing so) and no one bothered to even try to enforce it.

Most responsible people will wear a mask, but I guess there will be plenty who just won't give a feck - and who will stop them shopping - I doubt the shop staff will want to argue with them.

I notice Tesco's have scrapped the one-way system in their stores - from what I used to see, I was the only one who used to follow the arrows - everyone else couldn't be arsed. In the end I gave up too - I'm what was the point anymore, I was actually (needlessly) walking passed more by people going up and down the aisles following the arrows, then just going to what I wanted and get out of there the fast I can.

You can't enforce one-systems, 2m social distancing, lockdowns, wearing masks, etc, etc, if there is no enforcement and people just can't be arsed complying with them.

Everybody I seem to see must think the rules don't apply to them because precious few seem to be bothering to follow them.

It doesn't help when those who should be leading by example believe the rules don't apply to them and break them with absolute disdain and impunity such as Cummings did.

I guess we are going for the herd option anyway but by default rather than intent!

Keep safe everyone.

20Facemasks in shops Empty Re: Facemasks in shops Wed Jul 15 2020, 00:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fact is it would take an enormous upswing in deaths to stop Brits from huggin' and akissin' and generally invading each other's personal space especially after we've been starved of our regular diet of hugs, kisses and personal contact for a few months. The need for physical reassurance (grooming in monkeys) is ingrained in the British psyche which is why we have more deaths per capita than Brazil, the USA, Spain, Italy, Sweden, France - in fact more than every country in the world apart from Belgium which has a population that's a sixth of ours and is practically surrounded by foreign countries.

We're a small island FFS!!! HTF can the government fail to control it in what is effectively a lab?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum