Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » I hate where I live.

I hate where I live.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I hate where I live. Empty I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 10:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Moved to Warrington in 1989 for work reasons, and I still feel like an alien. I always thought I'd return home after retirement, but it's not happened. I just don't fancy the upheaval.
The people here are fine. Nice area too, for an old birdwatcher/walker. But I still feel like I'm on an extended holiday.
A few friends have told me not to bother coming back, because it's a shithole!
Anyone else hate their town? Or Live in Bolton, but hate it?

2I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 11:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I live in Manchester now (moved in 2007) as Mrs Pig is a Manc and wanted to be nearer her parents when she got pregnant with our first child. I have worked in Manchester for most of my working life so it made sense to move. 

To be honest i prefer living in Manchester now, i love going to gigs so i am 20 minutes from the city centre on the bus and can get in and out easily. I used to have to always to hope the gig finished in time for the last train home or leave early. Also the shops, bars and restaurants are much better in Manchester.

My kids are Mancs and settled so i can't see me ever moving back. I do still come back for football and to see family but every time i come back the town centre especially seems to get worse.

I still class myself as a Boltonian and always will do but can't see me ever living there again.

3I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 12:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I live in Manchester now (moved in 2007) as Mrs Pig is a Manc and wanted to be nearer her parents when she got pregnant with our first child. I have worked in Manchester for most of my working life so it made sense to move. 

To be honest i prefer living in Manchester now, i love going to gigs so i am 20 minutes from the city centre on the bus and can get in and out easily. I used to have to always to hope the gig finished in time for the last train home or leave early. Also the shops, bars and restaurants are much better in Manchester.

My kids are Mancs and settled so i can't see me ever moving back. I do still come back for football and to see family but every time i come back the town centre especially seems to get worse.

I still class myself as a Boltonian and always will do but can't see me ever living there again.
I can see the positives of living in Manchester. I used to have a season ticket at The Halle, so I was no stranger to its charms.
However, if Liverpool had an arse, it would be Warrington.

4I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 14:06

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I'd never move back north bonce i like the south east too much and family in London.

5I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 14:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I do miss Knutsford though but that's in the past like Ardwick and Salford.

6I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 14:41

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I drive through Bolton. I know people there. Do not move back to Bolton, it is a hateful place. At some point I am going to move even further away from it than I am now. If it is any consolation, it has changed so much since the eighties that you wouldnt recognise it. It is a very hateful town.

7I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 14:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Moved to Warrington in 1989 for work reasons, and I still feel like an alien. I always thought I'd return home after retirement, but it's not happened. I just don't fancy the upheaval.
The people here are fine. Nice area too, for an old birdwatcher/walker. But I still feel like I'm on an extended holiday.
A few friends have told me not to bother coming back, because it's a shithole!
Anyone else hate their town? Or Live in Bolton, but hate it?

You dirty dog

8I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Tue Jul 14 2020, 15:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:

You dirty dog
It's what I tell the cops.

9I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Fri Jul 17 2020, 09:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I love where I live. It's not so much the area , as Little Hulton is a bit of a shithole but the street I live on is one in a million. Every neighbour knows each other, does anything for each other and we are always out in the gardens having drinks together and generally having a laugh. Since Covid-19 everyone has come together even more. We started off with a street party for VE day and we've been having them every two or three weeks ever since. You won't find another community like this anywhere I guarantee it. It's not the area that makes a good place to live, it's the people.

10I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Fri Jul 17 2020, 11:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:I love where I live. It's not so much the area , as Little Hulton is a bit of a shithole but the street I live on is one in a million. Every neighbour knows each other, does anything for each other and we are always out in the gardens having drinks together and generally having a laugh. Since Covid-19 everyone has come together even more. We started off with a street party for VE day and we've been having them every two or three weeks ever since. You won't find another community like this anywhere I guarantee it. It's not the area that makes a good place to live, it's the people.
Lived in LH for ten years. We've slowly sneaked further and further away from Bolton. Daubhill, then Farnworth, then LH, and now Warrington. Enjoyed our time in LH, and still have family there, up near the old Lucozade factory.
And you're right, having good people around you makes all the difference.

11I hate where I live. Empty Re: I hate where I live. on Fri Jul 17 2020, 12:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Lived in Cheltenham from 1999, and love it. previously lived in Taunton, which was also good. and Cyprus previous to that. Actually, when i think about it, there isn't anywhere that I've disliked. Just lucky I guess, or a perennial optimist  Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum