Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs

+2
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 10:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

LIAM GORDON has become the sixth player to join Ian Evatt’s Bolton Wanderers revolution.

The pacey left sided defender has signed a two-year deal at the University of Bolton Stadium to join fellow new recruits Eoin Doyle, Antoni Sarcevic, George Taft, Brandon Comley and Tom White.

Born in Croydon, the 21 year-old was previously with Dagenham and Redbridge where he made 50 appearances, netting three goals.

He had spells as a youth player with Fulham and AFC Wimbledon and is an international for Guyana with whom he has won five international caps since making his debut in 2019.

Speaking about his move to Wanderers, Gordon told bwfc.co.uk: “I’m really pleased to get the move sorted.

“I played against the gaffer when he was at Barrow and after speaking with Tobias (Phoenix) about coming here, I wanted to get it done quickly.

“I’m looking forward to wearing the shirt and hopefully helping the club to win promotion this season.”

Ian Evatt added: “We are delighted to have brought in Liam, who is a player I kept an eye on last season in the National League.

“He is extremely quick and has good quality with his left foot.

“He is a young player with a bright future.”

2OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 10:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never heard of him.

3OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 11:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've never heard of him.
That's half the fun at this level, could be anything.

Dagenham fans regard him as the one to retain or the one capable of stepping up, he's 21 so fits the profile of possibly coming good and be worth cash at some point. time will tell.

4OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to my mate, Manny O has retweeted Gordon's signing for us. I'm hoping it's more than just spreading the news about his mate and that Manny is on his way to becoming a Wanderer and completing what could be an immense back 3.

5OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 13:30

Who’s Manny O?

6OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 13:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Who’s Manny O?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Who’s Manny O?
Have a look at the video on the rumours thread post 345 TROY - lad's a beast of a right-sided back 3 and would be great for us if we can get him IMO

9OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 21:20

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tell you what, watched the clips of this lad and he looks a belter of a proposition, not just going forward but also in defence. No jumping in and losing his man, he waited patiently for the opponent to make a move then either blocked or tackled him. Very impressed all round.

10OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sat Aug 01 2020, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How much league experience has he?

11OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Sun Aug 02 2020, 00:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Tell you what, watched the clips of this lad and he looks a belter of a proposition, not just going forward but also in defence. No jumping in and losing his man, he waited patiently for the opponent to make a move then either blocked or tackled him. Very impressed all round.
They were highlights though. Even so...
Looks like good decision-making and a huge physical presence which is no bad combo. And used to playing on the right side of a back 3

12OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

13OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Tue Jan 19 2021, 17:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

14OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Tue Jan 19 2021, 20:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like the new lad from Lincoln he did give out positive vibes in his first appearance but subsequently Gordon got into position but couldn't deliver a decent cross, pass or break through directly despite a decent work rate. Hopefully Elbouzedi will give us a threat. Certainly looked random enough in his debut.

15OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Wed Jan 20 2021, 12:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Have a look at the video on the rumours thread post 345 TROY - lad's a beast of a right-sided back 3 and would be great for us if we can get him IMO

Confirmation (if it ever needed clarifying) that wander knows nothing

16OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Liam Gordon signs Wed Jan 20 2021, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Confirmation (if it ever needed clarifying) that wander knows nothing
I do know that he now plays at CB for Scunthorpe and has scored 2 goals in 9 starts this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum