Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Bolton Wanderers must wait to put season tickets on sale to fans

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are waiting on guidance from the government before launching their season tickets for 2020/21.

Clubs in the EFL are working on the assumption that they will be able to bring a limited number of fans back into stadia at the start of October – but the exact parameters have yet to be confirmed.

Estimates have ranged between 15 and 40 per cent of stadium capacity and could well depend on the facilities and space available, which would leave Wanderers well-placed to be at the upper end of any scale.

The League Two season will definitely kick-off on September 12 behind closed doors, with the opening round of matches in the Carabao Cup tipped to be played a weekend earlier.

But Wanderers are unable to put season tickets on sale until they know for sure that everyone who wants to buy them will be able to watch every game possible.

The government had planned to stage test events from the start of this month in snooker, horse racing and cricket but had to shelve the idea after a spike in coronavirus cases and local lockdowns in the North West.

It is understood the position will be reviewed in a fortnight, which could still give clubs a chance to bring fans in as originally planned.

Wanderers have consistently reviewed their season ticket plans over the summer according to the latest information and would be able to move quickly once it is confirmed what percentage of the 28,000 capacity at the University of Bolton Stadium can be used.

The stadium was pencilled in as a neutral venue which could be used for Premier League games in June and July had it been necessary, and the club is confident it can meet the demands of socially distanced crowds.

The EFL is expected to hold a vote on Thursday on the immediate introduction of salary caps which will limit Wanderers to spending £1.5million this season on salaries. It has been reported, however, that contracts which were finalised before the meeting will only count towards the divisional average of £68,000 per year, meaning Wanderers still have wiggle room for more additions.

That could mean a rush for clubs to get players signed up before clubs cast their vote – with Oxford United boss Karl Robinson, whose side will be able to spend £2.5m per year on salaries in League One – describing the situation as “crazy”.

“I’m hearing once they vote it becomes almost immediate,” he said.

“A lot of things will be done and it’s going to be a really interesting situation.

“If you sign a player between now and then – this is how crazy this rule is – they just count as an average salary.

“You can get Matty Taylor now who is above the salary cap but will fall into it if it gets passed.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we would have around 9000-10,000 regular season ticket holders so if it comes back that only a certain amount of fans are allowed in and it's less then the number of ST holders then who gets priority?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I reckon we would have around 9000-10,000 regular season ticket holders so if it comes back that only a certain amount of fans are allowed in and it's less then the number of ST holders then who gets priority?

The beautiful people. I'll send you a photo when I'm inside the ground.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The beautiful people. I'll send you a photo when I'm inside the ground.
 Jesus i'll never get in, Quasimodo looks like David Beckham compared to me  Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Who's David Beckham ?  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum